Canadians FEAR Trump...Big Time

A Canadian's FEAR....I really like this one...has a funny punchline at the end:

Neve Campbell is terrified of Donald Trump’s honesty.

The Canadian actress is in the fourth season of “House of Cards,” and during a recent interview, she said her biggest fear is that Trump will be the next president.

“I cannot conceive of how that’s possible.”

Campbell said there is “a good amount” of ignorance in America.

“They see someone off the cuff and broad, and they think ‘Ok, that’s the voice we need…just someone honest.’ But his honesty is terrifying.”

If Trump gets elected, Campell said she will “move back to Canada.”

http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/01/neve-campbell-threatens-to-move-back-home-if-donald-trump-becomes-president/

When people advocate ripping up human rights legislation, yeah...it makes me a bit mad.

Understood. But, I've not made such a statement. Any other group...be it a religion or a political movement would be carefully watched if it had Islam's record of outright hostility in what the Quran teaches. Plus, this isn't a new thing...Islam has been a pill since the 7th century with a bit of a laps during the 20th century due to the rise of the Young Turks and similar secular movements. Well...it's back. And being part of it is...let's face it...supposed to be voluntary. But since it is a 'major religion' we give it respect where none is deserved.

So, Trump just blurts that the Emperor has no clothes in his usual mallet fashion. Big surprise, there. But, perhaps a second 9-11 or something appallingly similar is needed before the West really gets the message.

The fear I have is that the Donald is putting lots of folks in danger. He is on record and has doubled down on his intent to support the killing of the families of those who we label as terrorists. Does that mean that the terrorists should be targeting the families of those in the military fighting over there?

We live in a small word with technology progressing daily. We know that ISIS uses social media extensively which means they can easily track down the names and locations of family members of our military. Is it then OK for them to start targeting family members in Canada?

The damage this guy can do transverses borders.

President Clinton's Sec'y of State (Madeleine Albright) once asked then General Colin Powell a question during the Bosnian conflict(s):

"What's the point of having this superb military you're always talking about if we can't use it?"

So like Clinton, Bush, and Obama, a President Trump would "use it". So be afraid...be very afraid.

Guaranteed Neve ain't moving anywhere if Trump is elected. Except for maybe a new house in Beverly Hills.

Roger that....another in a long list of Canadians who prosper from opportunity and choices while living in the United States, but crap on the choices of American citizens and their politics. Just like Neil Young on his big California ranch.

Seriously ? You are giving Obama a pass, but are scared silly by Trump's big mouth ?

Canadians wanted to give up their own domestic vote to support Obama....twice !

What makes you think I give Obama a pass? This thread is about Trump. Stay on topic. We can talk about the garbage that has come from Obama's desk in the appropriate thread for that. Edited by cybercoma

The only nuance Trump needs is covered by the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Can say whatever he wants.

You don't have to vote for him, even if you could.

Of course he doesn't NEED nuance. Some people here seem to think his arguments have it, which clearly they do not. But thanks for yet another banal response from your usual bag of meaningless tripe.

Well, to be fair, most Americans don't even know who the hell Stephane Dion is (or care), let alone be so afraid of him or his espoused policies.

Trump has a large, ready made audience, and supporters, even in Canada based on CBC comments to the widespread coverage given to American elections.

Most American can't even name their states. Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

What makes you think I give Obama a pass? This thread is about Trump. Stay on topic. We can talk about the garbage that has come from Obama's desk in the appropriate thread for that.

The point is on topic...no FEAR of President Obama the "war criminal"....actually much adoration. Why the inconsistency ?

Are you going to debate honestly or just make shit up? As I said specifically, the similarity between the rise of Trump and the rise of Hitler is in the way they used inflammatory rhetoric to scapegoat minority groups, the public reaction to that rhetoric and the way that commentators (and others like you) are downplaying it. That is not the same as Trump is like Hitler. And it's certainly not like comparing Sanders to Stalin. If you aren't able to appreciate the nuance, I can move on and have more intelligent discussions elsewhere.

Oh, I see...nuance...like the similarity between Stalin and the rise of Sanders, that use(d) inflammatory rhetoric against capitalism and the elitist bourgeois........

Yes, it would be exactly the same - providing you can provide clips of those two inciting crowds with inflammatory rhetoric. I'm sure you can, right?

Clips? Unlike Trump, how about actual policies enacted?

What he said is he would go well beyond waterboarding.

He doesn't say what that is - I guess you'll just have to use your imagination. However, John McCain, who has actual experience on the receiving end of torture seems much wiser on the topic.

And do you have evidence that Obama asked the military to deliberately target the families? If not, your comment is nothing more than a feeble attempt as misdirection.

Ahh no, you're incorrect.....and Trump further clarified his position today.

Here.

Nice blog........but you suggested Mexican immigrants......none the less, his views on immigration haven't hurt him with Hispanics in the primaries.

Here. And here.

So where did he tell his supporters to assault protesters? Did Chretien's response to a protester also make him a Hitler?

Of course, you have a citation on this? I only ask because based on your other comments, you seem remarkably poorly informed on what Trump has actually said.

Sure, this was but public record............none the less, you suggest I'm poorly informed on Trump, yet you admit you've watched little to no coverage of the GOP primary, and misrepresent him with incorrect "facts".........after calling him Hitler 2.0......
I can't stand the guy, but am far better informed on him than you, likewise wouldn't compare him to Hitler anymore than I would Sanders to Stalin........as that would lower discourse......like what you're doing, and I can only assume this is the case, not because you're lying, but as suggested by the OP, you truly fear Donald J Trump............if the irony wasn't so sad it would be hilarious, in that those that fear him (like you), accuse Trump of fanning the fears of his own supporters.........
So who is fanning your fears of Donald Trump?

This article (it's long but worth the read) explains the rise of Trump as an increase in authoritarianism on the part of American voters. If true, BC has things exactly backwards (as usual). It's not that Canadians are afraid of Trump, it's that Trump supporters are afraid of almost everything. ISIS, Iran, immigrants, gay marriage. And Trump is the symptom, not the cause.

More proof of Canadian FEAR...amazing (and funny):

"For many Canadians, a president Donald Trump would be deeply disturbing."

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2016/02/25/president-donald-trump-its-possible-canada-walkom.html

C'mon, the Star compares Trump to Ronnie Raygun, how scary is that?

Its a long way to Novembers election. But dont rule anything out. Many assumed that a B-grade actor named Ronald Reagan could never win the White House.

C'mon, the Star compares Trump to Ronnie Raygun, how scary is that?

I have no idea...ask the Canadians who FEARED Reagan back then. Candidate Reagan was dismissed by President Carter's re-election campaign, until Reagan destroyed him on national television. Maybe that's the problem...Canadians watch a whole lot of American media instead of their own.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Watching Canadian news is boring. It's always the same old, same old with them. They seem to only want to talk about politically correct things like the environment, global warming, gay rights, refugees, Trump bash, the joys of multiculturalism or are always looking for some racist or sexist story to report about. It's always the same old, same old.

What I would like to see is more reporting on politically incorrect topics that are near and dear to my heart, and I have many. Personally, I think that there is a ban on by the media and politicians that avoid real issues that are going on in Canada. The Comer report for one. That was huge but it became a taboo and sacred cow topic, and has been shoved aside by our freedom loving press and politicians. But hey, this is Canada, don't you know.