40th Anniversary of Travis Walton Abduction

Wow. I don't know how I missed the date but the 40th anniversary of one of the most famous alien abductions ever just passed. For those of you not familiar with the Travis Walton case, he was abducted in Snowflake, Arizona by a saucer like craft.

The incident began on Nov. 5, 1975, after a long day of work in the Sitgreaves National Forest near Heber, Arizona. Walton and six other loggers were heading home when they suddenly saw a 40-foot-diameter shiny disc hovering in the air.

And good news, everyone. Because, even though we missed the 40th anniversary reunion, Alien Abduction Day is coming up next month. Mark it on your calendar.

Tsk. BCSapper, I get the sense you are mocking and derailing my thread. Please desist.

Yes, but not in a mean way. In a friendly, nudge nudge, wink wink sort of way.

In other words, it's all a lot of fun, but we don't actually believe Aliens have travelled light years to abduct individuals from the Earth. Even if we would really like to.

Yes, but not in a mean way. In a friendly, nudge nudge, wink wink sort of way.

In other words, it's all a lot of fun, but we don't actually believe Aliens have travelled light years to abduct individuals from the Earth. Even if we would really like to.

I don't find it any stranger than a lot of commonly held (and deeply held) beliefs. Walton and 5 of his 6 companions passed polygraph tests. He claims that the trees in the area are now growing 36 times faster than they did previously

What if those aliens never intended to land on earth but got lost going to some other galactic mission. What if it was a chance opportunity for those aliens to study a human to further their knowledge of the universe? I keep an open mind on these things because it's a fact that there's simply too much we don't know about the universe we live in.

What if those aliens never intended to land on earth but got lost going to some other galactic mission. What if it was a chance opportunity for those aliens to study a human to further their knowledge of the universe? I keep an open mind on these things because it's a fact that there's simply too much we don't know about the universe we live in.

I don't know of any evidence that the abduction of Travis Walton was a case of mistaken identity.

I don't find it any stranger than a lot of commonly held (and deeply held) beliefs. Walton and 5 of his 6 companions passed polygraph tests. He claims that the trees in the area are now growing 36 times faster than they did previously

Well, if that was the case there would be scientific tests to show that growth, compared to normal growth for those sorts of trees. A x36 increase in growth times would be of interest to botanists everywhere. It would be on National Geographic. (Maybe it was. I haven't looked)

As to the polygraph, I understand that they are not infallible. Maybe Mr. Walton and his friend truly believed their experiences happened.

Edited by bcsapper

Well, if that was the case there would be scientific tests to show that growth, compared to normal growth for those sorts of trees. A x36 increase in growth times would be of interest to botanists everywhere. It would be on National Geographic. (Maybe it was. I haven't looked)

As to the polygraph, I understand that they are not infallible. Maybe Mr. Walton and his friend truly believed their experiences happened.

The growth rings would be suspicious but they wouldn't prove anything.

Just don't forget to look to the skies on March 20. The aliens may show up and explain it for us.