Streaming TV

I run my own voip home phone option, I live in a region serviced by a ridiculously cheap Wind Mobile plan and I am contemplating dropping cable entirely. While negotiating a deal with Rogers they just offered me free basic cable TV if I kept them as my bandwidth provider. This deal was despite the fact that I declined to let them provide my cell and home phone services.

Everyone should threaten to cancel their existing service, regardless of the supplier. The retention programs are far superior than anything sales can offer.

Now I am just wondering how far I can share a my potential Rogers services. If I subscribe to their internet service and receive free basic cable, I wonder if I can let others use my free NHL account or Rogers Anytime streaming.

If we all hard sell, I thing we can get a more reasonable pricing structure out of the big guys.

I run my own voip home phone option, I live in a region serviced by a ridiculously cheap Wind Mobile plan and I am contemplating dropping cable entirely. While negotiating a deal with Rogers they just offered me free basic cable TV if I kept them as my bandwidth provider. This deal was despite the fact that I declined to let them provide my cell and home phone services.

Everyone should threaten to cancel their existing service, regardless of the supplier. The retention programs are far superior than anything sales can offer.

Now I am just wondering how far I can share a my potential Rogers services. If I subscribe to their internet service and receive free basic cable, I wonder if I can let others use my free NHL account or Rogers Anytime streaming.

If we all hard sell, I thing we can get a more reasonable pricing structure out of the big guys.

Asking for the retention department is common practice for mobile phone services. I have to call my cable provider every year for their promotional rates.

• 2 months later...

Sportsnet is offering a subscription their full line of programming (you can already access it if you pay for Sportsnet through your cable provider) for $24/month.

I guess that would include every Jays game, most of the NHL and half the Toronto Raptors games and a lot more. Not complete but it's something for cord cutters.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/now/

It's a lot of money, but you're assuming it's for people that pay nothing for cable already.

Edited by Boges

• 4 weeks later...

Sportsnet is offering a subscription their full line of programming (you can already access it if you pay for Sportsnet through your cable provider) for $24/month....

So if I understand correctly, the only reason to pay for cable/HD is to watch sports.

Maybe this explains why men earn more than women.