Donald vs Hillary

Who will American voters choose: Clinton or Trump?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Let me make this poll plain.

It is not who you want to win. The poll question is, if American voters in Fall 2016 are given this choice, which of the two will American voters choose?

=====

IMHO, in the infamous words of Henry Kissinger: "It's a pity they can't both lose."

Edited by August1991

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It doesn't matter who America chooses...it will still be more of the exact same thing.

Just ask President "Hope & Change" Obama. Suckers!

Yep I suspect you're right. The right wing, brain dead NRA types still control the friggin place eh? Oh well, shoot 'em up baby. Where is your guess for the ext one, school, church, shopping mall?

I'm still hoping for Bernie Sanders. Anything else results in more nonsense.

Me too. Clinton says whatever people want to hear and her opinions change with the times whereas Sanders has been speaking his mind consistently for all these year, popular opinion or not.

Events are just as likely to determine Presidents these days. A galvanizing one of 9/11 proportions and ME origin or region thereof for example would clearly clinch it for Trump. Just the string of ongoing events of much smaller proportions that are occurring will likely do it.

Even if Gaia started singing Kumbaya and the world decided to give peace a chance I'd have to say it would be 50/50. On 2nd thought, the threat that would represent might clinch it for Trump even faster.

I concur with the sentiment re Bernie Sanders even if I do think he'd probably be assassinated before he ever made it to his swearing-in ceremony.

Trump has his supporters in the Republican base but if he were to win the general election, I'm not sure how much weight I'd put on the terror factor.

The weakest link is Clinton. Trump wouldn't stand a chance if he was running against Obama. Terrorist attacks or not.

Yep I suspect you're right. The right wing, brain dead NRA types still control the friggin place eh? Oh well, shoot 'em up baby. Where is your guess for the ext one, school, church, shopping mall?

That's the nice thing about Trump, he's not beholden to anybody. Obama is pretty much stunted due to owing every group imaginable, but Trump doesn't owe anybody - and won't.

Trump has his supporters in the Republican base but if he were to win the general election, I'm not sure how much weight I'd put on the terror factor.

The weakest link is Clinton. Trump wouldn't stand a chance if he was running against Obama. Terrorist attacks or not.

It wasn't that long ago that Clinton was the terror factor.

Events are just as likely to determine Presidents these days. A galvanizing one of 9/11 proportions and ME origin or region thereof for example would clearly clinch it for Trump. Just the string of ongoing events of much smaller proportions that are occurring will likely do it.

Even if Gaia started singing Kumbaya and the world decided to give peace a chance I'd have to say it would be 50/50. On 2nd thought, the threat that would represent might clinch it for Trump even faster.

I concur with the sentiment re Bernie Sanders even if I do think he'd probably be assassinated before he ever made it to his swearing-in ceremony.

I have been thinking the same thing, if someone gets into the White House that the "Elite" don't want they have their ways of taking them out. If Trump picks for his VP that would be more agreeable to the Elite, Trumps gone. I still thinks games are being played by Clintons and the Bushs for one of them to get to the White House and its still early in the game.

That's the nice thing about Trump, he's not beholden to anybody. Obama is pretty much stunted due to owing every group imaginable, but Trump doesn't owe anybody - and won't.

That's one of the few good things about the guy. But on the other hand, no he doesn't owe anything to tons of big private donors (except maybe his friends) or corporations, but he's a big corporation himself. He knows nothing about the average person, his friends and the people he hangs out with are rich big-wigs, and the issues he cares about affect himself and those people. His rich buddies will still have those personal connection right into the oval office.

If you want to be independent and put up a good run for POTUS you either have to be filthy rich yourself, like Trump, or have a populist grassroots campaign devoid of corporate sponsors, like Bernie.

That's one of the few good things about the guy. But on the other hand, no he doesn't owe anything to tons of big private donors (except maybe his friends) or corporations, but he's a big corporation himself. He knows nothing about the average person, his friends and the people he hangs out with are rich big-wigs, and the issues he cares about affect himself and those people. His rich buddies will still have those personal connection right into the oval office.

If you want to be independent and put up a good run for POTUS you either have to be filthy rich yourself, like Trump, or have a populist grassroots campaign devoid of corporate sponsors, like Bernie.

That's a bit of a stereotype. Just because Trump is rich, doesn't mean he doesn't have many of the same interests as we do. Trump has already damaged many business arrangements, and has shown that he just doesn't care about kowtowing under pressure from even his own business partners.

He wants to feel that the country is safe, he wants to have freedom of movement within his own country, he wants good infrastructure, he wants America and americans to be the producers of product...not beholden to other countries, he wants to destry ISIS, but doesn't want to spend trillions on other wars and governing the middle east, and he wants america to be self sufficient when it comes to energy.

For a year now, people have been saying 'No, the people don't want that - Trump is a fool for saying that - he's finished! But the fact is; he is in step with what many people want, obviously more than the media can even acknowledge. Each and every day, Trump is shown to be on the mark, while Obama and Hillary seem out in left field.

....And, if you lefties think it's just a few backwoods hillbillies supporting him - look again!

Edited by Hal 9000

That's a bit of a stereotype. Just because Trump is rich, doesn't mean he doesn't have many of the same interests as we do.

Obviously some of the interests overlap, otherwise he wouldn't be popular. He says things many others believe too. But I'm sorry the guy is so incredibly far removed from the reality of life of the vast majority of people. Trump has populist support but he isn't a populist candidate. He's in this for himself and for whatever his personal idea of "America" is in his head. A selfish arrogant narcissistic man worth 9 billion or whatever and has been surrounded by elites in business and personally for decades isn't fighting for the average joe, don't kid yourself like everyone else has.

Obviously some of the interests overlap, otherwise he wouldn't be popular. He says things many others believe too. But I'm sorry the guy is so incredibly far removed from the reality of life of the vast majority of people. Trump has populist support but he isn't a populist candidate. He's in this for himself and for whatever his personal idea of "America" is in his head. A selfish arrogant narcissistic man worth 9 billion or whatever and has been surrounded by elites in business and personally for decades isn't fighting for the average joe, don't kid yourself like everyone else has.

It is possible for 2 completely different people (or types of people) to want the exact same thing but for different reasons.

....And, if you lefties think it's just a few backwoods hillbillies supporting him - look again!

I looked again, and yep mostly backwoods hillbillies. Trump is simply shelling out a few of his bucks to support his latest ego trip,but popularity is a lot different than electability. I would hazard a guess that the backroom boys in the GOP are trying to figure a way to dump him but they have to fear he will go rogue if they try. The whole thing is creating an easy stroll to the WH for Hillary.

It is possible for 2 completely different people (or types of people) to want the exact same thing but for different reasons.

You can't make your billionaire self and regular joe both happy on every issue. US conservatives always say they want a Reagan. Trump ain't Reagan, he's Reagan's rich obnoxious narcissistic uncle. Good enough for some people I guess.

You can't make your billionaire self and regular joe both happy on every issue. US conservatives always say they want a Reagan. Trump ain't Reagan, he's Reagan's rich obnoxious narcissistic uncle. Good enough for some people I guess.

But, you can't claim that Hillary scores very high on the "emotional stability scale" either.

I have been thinking the same thing, if someone gets into the White House that the "Elite" don't want they have their ways of taking them out. If Trump picks for his VP that would be more agreeable to the Elite, Trumps gone. I still thinks games are being played by Clintons and the Bushs for one of them to get to the White House and its still early in the game.

I doubt there'll be any conspiracy, it'll just be a nut with a gun.

If it's Trump that gets a bullet it'll probably galvanize the nut's even more.

It doesn't matter who America chooses...it will still be more of the exact same thing.

Suckers? I'm a "Canadian". But this is the western world.

=====

Will we North Americans have to get involved before you Americans realise what's happening?

BTW: Our war started in 1939 but for Americans and Russians, the war started in 1941. As I say, clueless.

Edited by August1991

So true! And the full weight of his mismanagement of the economy may never be realized. Now when they sneeze in China, the DOW loses 400 points.