Michael Hardner promoted; Kimmy new Facilitator

Michael Hardner has been promoted to Moderator status.

Kimmy is now Forum Facilitator.

If you receive a message or warning qua Forum Facilitator from her, you will be expected to heed it. She has no powers nor authority to censor any forum member.

<sarcasm>Charles, why are you doing this? Do you believe that you're now, uh, Greg? Are you God?

Many other posters and I have had many disagreements with Michael and kimmy. IMHO, Michael and kimmy are wrong/stupid - they are complete idiots.</sarcasm>

======

<honesty>I am thankful for this forum where I can stop by, have a beer, and say what I think.</honesty>

Edited by August1991

Thanks, August ... I think?

One thing I have learned today since being let behind the curtain is that the moderating process here is quite collaborative. When people report messages, Charles and Michael discuss how it should be handled (unless it's a truly blatant complaint). It's not just a couple of guys throwing darts at the Wheel of Justice. I will be sharing my opinions in those discussions, as well as helping with the janitorial work that needs to be done, on those occasions when visitors are convinced that you need to buy a mail-order bride, a 100% authentic knockoff Louis Vuitton handbag, or 100% legit prescription drugs.

-k

One thing I have learned today since being let behind the curtain is that the moderating process here is quite collaborative. When people report messages, Charles and Michael discuss how it should be handled (unless it's a truly blatant complaint). It's not just a couple of guys throwing darts at the Wheel of Justice.

-k

This is going to be very interesting because Charles and Michael are constantly being accused of showing bias in reprimanding posters but now that you're on board we get to finally see if that complaint is true or not.

I remember Charles one time telling a poster that "maybe, just maybe" the lefty posters are more polite (overall of course, I know we have them too).

We shall find out....

One thing I have learned today since being let behind the curtain is that the moderating process here is quite collaborative. When people report messages, Charles and Michael discuss how it should be handled (unless it's a truly blatant complaint). It's not just a couple of guys throwing darts at the Wheel of Justice. I will be sharing my opinions in those discussions, as well as helping with the janitorial work that needs to be done

That's good to hear. Kimmy is good people and most people seem to like kimmy, so I think this is an excellent choice.

Unfortunately power corrupts and she's probably turn into MLW Harper in a couple years. Jk.

This is going to be very interesting because Charles and Michael are constantly being accused of showing bias in reprimanding posters but now that you're on board we get to finally see if that complaint is true or not.

I remember Charles one time telling a poster that "maybe, just maybe" the lefty posters are more polite (overall of course, I know we have them too).

We shall find out....

Well, no we shall not.

Kimmy has no authority, and no say except to offer suggestions to the other two who over time have shown have a certain bias. Last year Charles posted to me that my thread title was stupid. Not exactly the kind of response one expects from a moderator.

Well, no we shall not.

Kimmy has no authority, and no say except to offer suggestions to the other two who over time have shown have a certain bias. Last year Charles posted to me that my thread title was stupid. Not exactly the kind of response one expects from a moderator.

Sometimes brutal honesty is needed. Lots of things on here are stupid in my opinion.

Sometimes brutal honesty is needed. Lots of things on here are stupid in my opinion.

You and I could be brutally honest with each other over conspiracy theories, Obama, or countless other topics. Our posts would be quickly deleted and points given or other punishment given out. Would you like to try out my theory?

That's one thing, but a moderator is supposed to have a little professionalism, tact, discretion. At least in the several other large forums I belong to, that's how mods behave. Maybe you're just used to being called names, but when they are trying to raise the bar for respect and such, using terms such as "stupid" does not further the goals of the forum.

Well, no we shall not.

He doesn't mince his words but he is like that with everyone, there is no bias. You need thicker skin.