Cruz On The Way, 2016 Election USA

Sorry, but the usual Canadian "ABX" approach to elections won't work here....American voters actually get a say in the primary/caucus process. Candidates have to compete...state by state. Enjoy the show !

So you've never heard of a brokered convention? I thought you... like... knew stuff.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone but Trump alive and well in the GOP.

“The best chance for the Republican party to not have Trump be the candidate is having these guys now stay in this circular firing squad, let them all pick up delegates and then they can bet on what might happen if there’s a brokered convention,” Franklin Pierce University political science professor Frank Cohen said on Boston Herald Radio’s “Primary Matters” program. “I think that really is the most reasonable scenario for anyone besides Trump to take it, otherwise it’s his.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/2016/03/professor_brokered_convention_only_shot_at_derailing_trump

Well, I did stated that Romney was going to get involve and sure enough, he going to make a speech about Trump. The GOP wants Trump gone and short of shooting him, the only choice is to discredit him like they have in the past with people they don't want. How low will they go? https://ca.news.yahoo.com/republicans-see-options-stopping-trump-none-good-ones-051253682.html

I can't stand HRC, but to call her a 'closeted lesbian' with 'fangs' is really uncalled for. Frankly, it speaks more about you, Rue, than it does about her.

Very harsh.

And even if she was, why does she have to discuss her sex life publicly. Rue's disgusts that she's supposedly "closeted" but do you ever see him criticizing any other politicians for not telling us they're straight? This is possibly one of the stupidest criticisms I've ever seen here.

Sorry, but the usual Canadian "ABX" approach to elections won't work here....American voters actually get a say in the primary/caucus process. Candidates have to compete...state by state. Enjoy the show !

It's pretty silly to compare the US political process to ours since our institutions are entirely different. Don't let that get in the way of you interjecting Canada into another US politics discussion though. It's only slightly hypocritical of you, since you cry foul anytime the US comes up in Canadian politics.

Well, I did stated that Romney was going to get involve and sure enough, he going to make a speech about Trump. The GOP wants Trump gone and short of shooting him, the only choice is to discredit him like they have in the past with people they don't want. How low will they go? https://ca.news.yahoo.com/republicans-see-options-stopping-trump-none-good-ones-051253682.html

I just saw Romney give that speech. I have never seen a former candidate for president savage a man who was running for president from his party. Romney called Trump a con artist, liar, adolescent and worse. I have never seen a speech that cutting, negative and truthful. He was implying that Trump was mentally deranged.

It appears that the Republicans have decided an all out war. Romney suggested people vote for Rubio in Florida, Kasich in Ohio and Cruz in other states where Cruz is leading.

I am just getting over the shock of this speech - a new experience for me

It looks like the Republican Party is trying to kill that Frankenstein that they created making sure he loses the winner-take-all primaries leading to a brokered convention where the Party pick will be able to win. I wonder if Romney was nominated from the floor at the convention that he might win the nomination.

If anyone interested has a chance to see that speech then I suggest you do so. It is really something worth hearing/seeing.

A short video of the reaction of one of Canada's most respected political pundits can be found at:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/romney-brands-donald-trump-a-phoney-a-fraud-1.2802106

Edited by Big Guy

It's pretty silly to compare the US political process to ours since our institutions are entirely different. Don't let that get in the way of you interjecting Canada into another US politics discussion though. It's only slightly hypocritical of you, since you cry foul anytime the US comes up in Canadian politics.

But that's a very good reason to do it....when in Rome, do as the Romans do. Besides, Cruz is Canadian.

I don't want any lame "Canadian-style" ABC strategic voting in 'Murica....see how that works ?

It looks like the Republican Party is trying to kill that Frankenstein that they created

That would be the electorate that Trump is following.

What I find most hilarious is how these boneheads seem to think it takes a billionaire to catch the billionaires that have been screwing them the hardest - the same billionaires they've been all to happy to vote for in the past and will just as likely vote for again.

Edited by eyeball

A real proposal for Cruz and Rubio.

In the wake of Tuesday’s primary results, however, another and easier path to defeating Trump has arisen; it can be Plan A. It basically relies on the patriotism, good sense, and rational self-interest of two men: Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio. The plan is simple: Each candidate publicly pledges to support for president whichever of them has the most delegates to the Republican convention. In return, the winner will make the other one his running mate.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/432261/ted-cruz-marco-rubio

One of my feeling and sense:

For the benefit of US and the world, the achievement of Obama needs Cruz to fellow, and Rubio as a useful helper.

I am confused. What achievement of Obama? Isn't Cruz on record as wanting to reverse pretty much everything Obama did in the past 7 years? Wouldn't that kind of make following Obama's "achievement" kind of like following an ice-sculpture with a flame-thrower?

-k

I am confused. What achievement of Obama? Isn't Cruz on record as wanting to reverse pretty much everything Obama did in the past 7 years? Wouldn't that kind of make following Obama's "achievement" kind of like following an ice-sculpture with a flame-thrower?

You will see at the end of his mandate. I mean that Cruz has the same level of intelligence and morality of Obama, which is important for dealing the legacy of Obama.

As the results continue to come in on this weekend, the more it appears that the Republican party (those power brokers that have been there for years) are starting to manipulate the process.

Trump will win a bunch, Cruz will win a bunch, Rubio will win a small bunch, Kasich will win a small bunch and the decision will await the convention. The first vote will show Trump a little short of nomination. The second vote will see Trump slide Rubio and Kasich start to gain. It will end with a "compromise" candidate - Rubio or Kasich winning.

That is assuming that a Paul Ryan or some other Republican Party savior is not nominated from the floor.

Cruz won big in Kansas and won Maine by a smaller margin. Trump won Louisiana by a narrow margin and Tennessee by a healthy margin, so it looks like the delegate race doesn't change by much.

Terrible day for Marco Rubio.

-k