Leafs Ratings Down 30%

Can't you see the humour in the Leafs situation though? The fan base is restless after 30 games with a guy they signed for crazy money and crazy term.

Other than MH's post, please cite where the fanbase is restless? Most are happily distracted by Toronto's other two winning teams.

They may not watch religiously anymore but I think most fans understand that Babcock can't work miracles.

Ummmm... in Toronto maybe.

Or is lack of bums in seats an unfair metric for popularity in TO?.

If that is the case, the Argos are wildly popular and the Jays are not.

Leaf fans have always been labelled as marks for going to see a bad team regardless. I don't think anyone who's paying attention is critical of Babcock. He's actually getting results from Phanoof!

It's apathy, not restlessness. This team is at the start of a rebuild. Now if they sign Stamkos, that apathy changes immediatly.

But no evidence that the logo will be Carlton the Bear.

Changing logos are just a way to make money. There are many examples of hockey teams changing logos/uniform only to go back to the classic look (Capitals, Oilers, Islanders, Penguins)

No original 6 team has made a huge change to their logo in recent or distant memory.

• 3 months later...

So what's the verdict on the Leafs this year?

I hate that new logo. And I will leave the hockey to others.

They're the one Canadian team who did what was expected of them. They finally stopped trying to just make the playoffs. They've unloaded huge contracts and have stockpiled picks. Lots of young talent coming up as well. These young guys coming up also get the benefit of one of the best coaches in the league to mentor them.

I'm optimistic of this team in the long term.

BTW isn't there a Leafs thread already? :rolleyes:

They're the one Canadian team who did what was expected of them. They finally stopped trying to just make the playoffs. They've unloaded huge contracts and have stockpiled picks. Lots of young talent coming up as well. These young guys coming up also get the benefit of one of the best coaches in the league to mentor them.

I'm optimistic of this team in the long term.

BTW isn't there a Leafs thread already? :rolleyes:

So what would be reasonable expectations? The play-offs next year? A Stanley Cup within five?

So what would be reasonable expectations? The play-offs next year? A Stanley Cup within five?

Experts I've heard say they won't be ready next year either.

Maybe 2 years. But we'll see. This team has players on it right now that won't be part of the core going forward. It's a work in progress.