1000 sleeper cells in North America?

Topaz

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sad thing is that this is all a self fulfilling prophecy. The fake "Global War on Terror" and the incredibly stupid things western countries have done in its name virtually guaranteed attacks on our soil, actually dramatically increased the threat of terrorism.

And its a vicious circle. Each time they do something stupid and self destructive, we respond by doing something even more stupid, and self destructive, radicalizing more and more people against us, then the chances of those radicals attacking us go way up, more attacks will happen, and our response will escalate. Rinse and repeat.

Stupid things happen to stupid people I guess. The GWOT has quite literally CREATED a whole generation of terrorists. And flying our little planes around the middle east dropping bombs on people has put Canadians at great risk.

Its really too bad that the people on our side who promote or support violence (conservative chickenhawks) and the people on their side who promote violence (conservative radicalized assholes and religious nuts) couldn't just fight each other in a gigantic stadium with weapons like swords, sticks, maces, stones, etc.

It would be fun as hell to watch and we could generate revenue from the sale of things like beer, hot dogs etc that could be used to fund valid programs, infrastructure, etc.

Edited by dre

The sad thing is that this is all a self fulfilling prophecy. The fake "Global War on Terror" and the incredibly stupid things western countries have done in its name virtually guaranteed attacks on our soil, actually dramatically increased the threat of terrorism.

Yes, yes, it's all our fault. Those poor, peaceful Muslims were just praying and minding their own business, and want nothing more than to live in peace with the world. They've been demonstrating as much since the 6th century.

Yes, yes, it's all our fault. Those poor, peaceful Muslims were just praying and minding their own business, and want nothing more than to live in peace with the world. They've been demonstrating as much since the 6th century.

I never said its all our fault so not sure what youre on about here. Did you maybe accidentally quote my post when you were replying to something different?

Yeah if you ignore 400 years of total western economic and military hegemony, the Muslims have been nothing but trouble.

They were certainly no more a problem than anyone we chose to deal with honourably.

Honorably? An interesting concept. I presume you mean we should, given they were just poor, pathetically backward people, not civilized like us, look after their interests for them during negotiations and agreements since they clearly weren't intelligent enough to look after their own interests like, well, White people

Yeah if you ignore 400 years of total western economic and military hegemony, the Muslims have been nothing but trouble.

The Ottoman Empire ran most of the middle east until they lost WW1. They were a cruel and rapacious empire, who expanded to the limits of their military power for centuries, including destroying the Byzantiums and attacking western Europe. How do you think we were guilty of anything during their rule?

Honorably? An interesting concept. I presume you mean we should, given they were just poor, pathetically backward people, not civilized like us, look after their interests for them during negotiations and agreements since they clearly weren't intelligent enough to look after their own interests like, well, White people

No, we should have just acted more like the civilized enlightened people we claimed to be.

No, we should have just acted more like the civilized enlightened people we claimed to be.

When I negotiate a commercial agreement with some other party I don't look after their interests. That's their job. I'm trying to look after mine.

The Ottoman Empire ran most of the middle east until they lost WW1. They were a cruel and rapacious empire, who expanded to the limits of their military power for centuries, including destroying the Byzantiums and attacking western Europe. How do you think we were guilty of anything during their rule?

Where did I say, suggest, or imply we were?

When I negotiate a commercial agreement with some other party I don't look after their interests. That's their job. I'm trying to look after mine.

I think equating the relationship between two cultures with a commercial agreement really speaks to the utter dishonesty you've invested in this negotiation. Your interests couldn't be plainer.

Oh, I must have missed the part where you thought someone other than the West was responsible. Please requote.

Each time they do something stupid and self destructive, we respond by doing something even more stupid, and self destructive

Its really too bad that the people on our side who promote or support violence (conservative chickenhawks) and the people on their side who promote violence (conservative radicalized assholes and religious nuts) couldn't just fight each other in a gigantic stadium with weapons like swords, sticks, maces, stones, etc.

You'll notice I place blame on both sides. "Our Side", "Their Side", "us", "them".