Islamophobia in Canada

10 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

In the 19th and 20th century their culture collapsed into a cesspool. All the knowledge about science, math, architecture... all lost, washed away like tears.

It's not about the great achievements of a culture anyway, what we are talking about is the attitude of individuals, persons in the street. Are their beliefs based on the principle of the golden rule? No, they are not.

The philosophy of Islam is based on oppression of human rights and people's dignity by a totalitarian ruling class. Islamofascism is a thing.

Hence it becomes clear why Islam "resonates" with the left.

;)

the knowledge wasn't all lost

much of it was passed on to others and built upon by others

after they fell off

their achievements still stand

Islam currently resonates with the left

because of their current and historical opposition to Christianity

which the left hates, see this thread for some prime examples

enemy of my enemy type situation

reactionaries of a feather, flock together

Islam is viewed by the left

as a key tool to undermine Christianity

if they cease to be that

the godless left will turn on their pet Muslims too

Edited by Yzermandius19

7 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the knowledge wasn't all lost

much of it was passed on to others and built upon by others

after they fell off

their achievements still stand

Islam currently resonates with the left

because of their current and historical opposition to Christianity

which the left hates, see this thread for some prime examples

enemy of my enemy type situation

reactionaries of a feather, flock together

Islam is viewed by the left

as a key tool to undermine Christianity

if they cease to be that

the godless left will turn on their pet Muslims too

Algebra, astronomy, the knowledge was preserved but in the west. Evidence is very plain to see. The shithole third-world countries Islam has remained in, while the west continued to advance. The enlightenment of Islam is gone now, for centuries.

Civilizations decline and end. It happens

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

Algebra, astronomy, the knowledge was preserved but in the west. Evidence is very plain to see. The shithole third-world countries Islam has remained in, while the west continued to advance. The enlightenment of Islam is gone now, for centuries.

Civilizations decline and end. It happens

indeed

but the point still stands

they got hot right out the gate

western civilization took some of their best innovations

and ran with it, even after they ran out of steam

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, dialamah said:

Unless they go out into their private back yard, of course.   Which my neighbor does regularly.  

Yay for your neighbour.

I lived in a predominantly Muslim area and very few women OR girls were allowed outside - hijab or not.  And we regularly saw one get cuffed across the head when she did, as she made her way to the car.

If Islam is a misogynistic religion, as you say - then why portray it as being so rare?  It's really not.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Are their beliefs based on the principle of the golden rule? No, they are not.

For reference, the Golden Rule is "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

That's quite different from "Do what we tell you, or else you die."

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Actually, it fills me with hope that they're not able to grasp an analogy.  It means they are unable to understand, not wilfully lying.

When I see the way some on the left are posting here, are unable to grasp the analogy. Even if it's explained in three different ways. Could be wilful, or they really are that naive.

Does not fill me with "hope", at all   ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

For reference, the Golden Rule is "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

That's quite different from "Do what we tell you, or else you die."

Islam...for reference...is a religion and not a skin colour. Even white Anglo-Saxons can become Muslims.

The attraction that Islam holds is like an apathetic group resignation of "Allah wills it." Nothing can be done about the rain...or Jimmy losing his head for blasphemy. Very much the opposite of Western thought which says the individual & free thinking is paramount.  

It's why America went to the Moon and all those loser shit-hole countries have not.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Islam...for reference...is a religion and not a skin colour. Even white Anglo-Saxons can become Muslims.

If the adherents of Islam were predominantly white men the Left would hate it with every fiber of their beings. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Argus said:

If the adherents of Islam were predominantly white men the Left would hate it with every fiber of their beings. 

the Left would hate it with every fiber of their being

once it stopped being a useful tool to pit against Christianity

that is it's only utility to the left

otherwise it would be just be another form of religious patriarchal systemic oppression

that must be torn down, by their own logic

We're hearing very little about the guy who did this, but what we are hearing seems odd. There's been no evidence that he's affiliated with any sort of anti-Muslim or far right groups or that he had much interest in politics. No one the media have found seems to have ever heard him complaining about Muslims or immigration. It just looks like he went nuts for some reason.

“Nate is not a radical terrorist. He is nothing like that. He is not an Islamophobe. That’s not who this kid is,” said one friend.

The friend, who hails from the Middle East, said he never heard Veltman say a bad thing about the Middle East or Muslims. “Nate was a very close friend and never said anything bad to me,” the man said.

Another friend said Veltman “never said anything hateful” about any groups.

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/who-is-nathaniel-veltman-accused-in-alleged-london-hate-killings/wcm/173f2f8a-07f0-4266-922b-189a2c7560b6

8 hours ago, Goddess said:

Yay for your neighbour.

I lived in a predominantly Muslim area and very few women OR girls were allowed outside - hijab or not.  And we regularly saw one get cuffed across the head when she did, as she made her way to the car.

I'm sad for your neighbor with the abusive husband.  Did you report this to the cops?  I'd have been tempted, for sure, just as I'm tempted a couple of times of month to call the cops on the people upstairs - they're Hindu, I think.

However, just as my anecdotes do not prove that no Muslim women get abused, yours don't prove they all do.  

Edited by dialamah

44 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I'm sad for your neighbor with the abusive husband.  Did you report this to the cops?  I'd have been tempted, for sure, just as I'm tempted a couple of times of month to call the cops on the people upstairs - they're Hindu, I think.

However, just as my anecdotes do not prove that no Muslim women get abused, yours don't prove they all do.  

The real issue is we know women are abused there and women who step forward to speak out against the misogyny that is systemic in Islamic countries have been killed. Does it take “all of them” for you to admit the problem?

Edited by OftenWrong

Seems like the Conservatives are beginning to clue in - Michelle Rempel, for instance, posted this, in which she said, among other things:  "Step one is acknowledgement. Yesterday, a horrific act of terror was perpetrated against a Muslim family in London, Ontario. This follows the September 2020 slaying at the IMO mosque in Toronto, and January 2017 Quebec City Mosque massacre, and the countless aggressions that are rooted in dangerous stereotypes that Muslims in Canada face on a daily basis. 

Islamophobia is real, and it must be addressed"

Michelle goes on to express her regret that she was silent about the 'cultural practices hotline' and the niqab ban.  

From Jeff Bennett, speaking about the racism he ignored during his campaign:  "Now I see people expressing shock that a racist terrorist would drive his truck into the pathway of a Muslim family going for a walk. "London is better than this" they say. "I can't believe this happened here". Bullshit. I knocked on thousands of doors in the very neighbourhood this atrocity occured. This terrorist may have been alone in that truck on that day, but he was not acting alone. He was raised in a racist city that pretends it isn't."

And Michael Chong - a Conservative candidate I could vote for - sadly, he's not anywhere near me and he wasn't elected as leader so I was out of luck.  He was the only Conservative to vote in favor of a statement to condemn Islamophobia.  We need more Conservative politicians like him, Michelle Rempel and Jeff Bennet.  

10 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I am aware the Ottoman's conquered the Eastern Roman Empire

arabic numerals were spread by Islam to the rest of the world, because of their dominance of the seas

Islam may have borrowed much from others, but they were major innovators as well

algebra has an arabic name for a reason, Islam were world leaders in algebra for a very long time, and others took notice as a result

I am speaking historically, when Islam turned away from science, their golden age went with it

even before the Mongols burned down the House of Wisdom

regardless of whether the Islamic Golden Age has been exaggerated or not

the point of my response 

was that some people can't think of anything good about Islam

so I am pointing out of some of the good they objectively did

There is nothing in advancements in the eastern world in academics or science in history that somehow recommend or commend a political religious system.  But we need to bear in mind hate is not going to help or change anyone's belief system.  I have said this before:  The only thing that can change someone's mind is truth and where do we find truth?  The answer is God speaking to us in the inspired King James Bible.  Sadly we live a country where few pay attention to that.

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Seems like the Conservatives are beginning to clue in - Michelle Rempel, for instance, posted this, in which she said, among other things:  "Step one is acknowledgement. Yesterday, a horrific act of terror was perpetrated against a Muslim family in London, Ontario. This follows the September 2020 slaying at the IMO mosque in Toronto, and January 2017 Quebec City Mosque massacre, and the countless aggressions that are rooted in dangerous stereotypes that Muslims in Canada face on a daily basis. 

Islamophobia is real, and it must be addressed"

Michelle goes on to express her regret that she was silent about the 'cultural practices hotline' and the niqab ban.  

From Jeff Bennett, speaking about the racism he ignored during his campaign:  "Now I see people expressing shock that a racist terrorist would drive his truck into the pathway of a Muslim family going for a walk. "London is better than this" they say. "I can't believe this happened here". Bullshit. I knocked on thousands of doors in the very neighbourhood this atrocity occured. This terrorist may have been alone in that truck on that day, but he was not acting alone. He was raised in a racist city that pretends it isn't."

And Michael Chong - a Conservative candidate I could vote for - sadly, he's not anywhere near me and he wasn't elected as leader so I was out of luck.  He was the only Conservative to vote in favor of a statement to condemn Islamophobia.  We need more Conservative politicians like him, Michelle Rempel and Jeff Bennet.  

Unfortunately, as far as I know, Rempel and O'Toole both support abortion, the killing of unborn babies on demand.  Many politicians support abortion on demand.  About 100,000 a year are killed in Canada.   Sadly this is the state of Canada.  It is a nation full of immorality.  That is just the nature of the human heart.  Good luck in trying to eliminate hate by command or law.  If it were possible to eliminate hate, we should have an entirely different world long ago than we have now.

Edited by blackbird

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Unfortunately, as far as I know, Rempel and O'Toole both support abortion, the killing of unborn babies on demand. 

It's ok... abortion is forbidden in Islam.  Also in Catholicism, too.  I'll take it you're ok with Muslims.

Side reference:

Salvadoran Woman Jailed for Having Miscarriage Freed After 10 Years Behind Bars

https://www.democracynow.org/2021/6/9/headlines/salvadoran_woman_jailed_for_having_miscarriage_freed_after_10_years_behind_bars

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

There is nothing in advancements in the eastern world in academics or science in history that somehow recommend or commend a political religious system.  But we need to bear in mind hate is not going to help or change anyone's belief system.  I have said this before:  The only thing that can change someone's mind is truth and where do we find truth?  The answer is God speaking to us in the inspired King James Bible.  Sadly we live a country where few pay attention to that.

Sadly we live with a religious system that does a poor job of living up to gods words, a religion that is rich beyond words and yet can not help the poor or the needy, has priceless artifacts from around the world that it shares with a select few, not to mention the sexual assaults,  other abuses, and to top it off the church and it's guidance has killed more people than any other institution or  group, or nations on the globe... I think these are some of the reasons that people have left the churchs.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Sadly we live with a religious system that does a poor job of living up to gods words, a religion that is rich beyond words and yet can not help the poor or the needy, has priceless artifacts from around the world that it shares with a select few, not to mention the sexual assaults,  other abuses, and to top it off the church and it's guidance has killed more people than any other institution or  group, or nations on the globe... I think these are some of the reasons that people have left the churchs.

where is the evidence the church killed more than any other institution, group or nation?

Edited by Yzermandius19

In any history book, you'll find the most religions finger prints all over a lot of conflicts.  Back when religion played a much larger role. below is just wars fought for religious reasons, history also records other deaths attributed to religion, burning witches', heretics, there are a shit load of reasons that people where put to death by the order of some religious figures.

Religious war - Wikipedia

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

In any history book, you'll find the most religions finger prints all over a lot of conflicts.  Back when religion played a much larger role. below is just wars fought for religious reasons, history also records other deaths attributed to religion, burning witches', heretics, there are a shit load of reasons that people where put to death by the order of some religious figures.

Religious war - Wikipedia

how many deaths are you attributing to them?

because the Communist Chinese killed over 40 million alone in a four year span during the Great Leap Forward

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

how many deaths are you attributing to them?

because the Communist Chinese killed over 40 million alone in a four year span during the Great Leap Forward

Your right, after doing some research i have no source to back my claims, infact many sources say the opposite. what i said is a complete myth. My bad. Good catch on your part.   

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Your right, after doing some research i have no source to back my claims, infact many sources say the opposite. what i said is a complete myth. My bad. Good catch on your part.   

s'all good

you admit when you are wrong and correct yourself

which is something a lot of posters on this forum should learn from

being wrong is not a bad thing, because when you realize it and adjust your views accordingly

then you are constantly learning, and you end up being right far more often than those who never admit when they are wrong and stubbornly cling to false beliefs

this is why things like reason, mathematics and science has increased human knowledge to such a great degree, the process of constantly looking to disprove faulty assumptions, thus the least wrong ideas usually rise to the top, and the wheat gets separated from the chaff

thinking that one is right all the time is not only boring, but it leads to mental stagnation

Edited by Yzermandius19