Islamophobia in Canada

13 hours ago, dialamah said:

I was wondering when you'd show up with your narrow definition of Muslims, favored by fanatics all over the world.  You are one of the worse hate/fear mongers on this forum, and I'm calling you out for it.  You, along with Argus and others of your ilk, are the ones creating a space in which some unbalanced kid thinks he needs to go out and "do something" - shoot up a Mosque, or run down a family.

Good on ya, please join the rest of the group in the 'people I don't want in Canada' category.  Now now, don't cry - you and Argus would refuse my sister life in Canada, were it in your power, based on nothing more than your hatred of Muslims.   At least my dislike of you is based on your words, and not on something irrelevant - like where you live.

I don't hate Muslims. You said that.

You're free to show me how I've got Islam all wrong by providing examples...not by calling me names. You're merely reinforcing my perception that you're not able to. So where in the Quran does it say love thy neighbor?

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I don't hate Muslims. You said that.

They need that.  If you (or I) don't hate Muslims, what we have to say about Islam will have to be addressed.

Better we just hate them.  It's a lot easier to deal with.

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

Does not Islam condone martyrdom? Yes it does.

to be martyred in the name of allah

is the highest level of a muslim

Himmler referred to Islam as a warrior's religion...he seemed to understand it better than some folks around here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

They need that.  If you (or I) don't hate Muslims, what we have to say about Islam will have to be addressed.

Indeed...shut-up and pay no mind the the beheadings. 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 9:07 AM, DogOnPorch said:

Indeed...shut-up and pay no mind the the beheadings. 

The muslim leaders who call out fatwas, which is a fancy word for targeted killing. Like Salman Rushdie for his book. Haven't seen that in any other religion.

The ayatollahs are spiritual leaders for millions of muslims. They regularly call for execution and assassination of people who dare say a critical word. Not exactly from the good spirit, I tell you.

That is the sum and final conclusion of Mohammedanism.

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

The muslim leaders who call out fatwas, which is a fancy word for targeted killing. Like Salman Rushdie for his book. Haven't seen that in any other religion.

The ayatollahs are spiritual leaders for millions of muslims. They regularly call for execution and assassination of people who dare say a critical word. Not exactly from the good spirit, I tell you.

That is the sum and final outcome of their philosophy.

That Islam's supporters here need to defend Islam's violent practices rather than boast about its peaceful practices is rather indicative of the general "goodness" of Islam.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

this is called cognitive dissonance

demonizing the messenger to provide justification to ignore a message they don't want to think through

is a telltale sign of that phenomenon

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

As for this apparent targeted attack...don't know a damn thing about it and do not subscribe to the collective guilt that all non-Muslims are supposed to feel now...on command I might add. Waving dead children under my nose and telling me I'm to blame somehow isn't gonna fly.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

this is called cognitive dissonance

demonizing the messenger to provide justification to ignore a message they don't want to think through

is a telltale sign of that phenomenon

Indeed...this is Islam, too. But we mustn't mention it...

mass-hangings-in-iran-2.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

26 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

That Islam's supporters here need to defend Islam's violent practices rather than boast about its peaceful practices is rather indicative of the general "goodness" of Islam.

I recall you raised a challenge to our resident Islam supporters, go ahead and report on good things about Islam then.

Still waiting for those reports.

I guess they'd rather point the finger at you. You are intensely disliked, lol

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Not confused.  Baffled.  I just can't get where the disconnect between advocating for gay rights, women's right, etc, and supporting a religion like Islam occurs.

It's weird. 

No. It's that deep Liberal bigotry at work. They perceive Muslims as 'brown people'. And brown people are their responsibility. It's their job to take care of them and defend them. Therefore anyone who attacks Islam or the Islamic world or the proven beliefs of its followers is attacking their 'charge' so to speak. It's their noble (self-appointed) duty to protect their charges, for they aren't, well, quite human, you see. They're not capable of defending themselves. They need noble, self-sacrificing white people to look after them.

15 hours ago, dialamah said:

Only because you mistake calling out people for expressing ignorance and hate is the same as supporting Islam. 

Oh, give us a break. You have spent your entire time on this web site defending Islam. It's without question the number one topic you engage in and always to defend Islam. And that 'ignorance and hate' you speak of is how you describe any and all criticism of Islam and any and all doubts about bringing tens of thousands of Muslim immigrants to Canada every year.

According to Pew polling, virtually every country in middle east would vote to impose Sharia law if given the choice. And yet you insist that most Muslims aren't at all fanatical about such things and that there's no need to screen such people before they come here.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I recall you raised a challenge to our resident Islam supporters, go ahead and report on good things about Islam then.

Still waiting for those reports.

I guess they'd rather point the finger at you. You are intensely disliked, lol

how about the preservation of western civilization after the fall of the Roman Empire?

how about arabic numerals?

how about algebra?

they lead in the world in mathematics, architecture, medicine, physics, chemistry, astronomy and navigation, etc.

for a long period of time

Islamic golden age anyone?

if you don't think that Islam has ever had any good things about it

then you really aren't looking very hard at all

Edited by Yzermandius19

14 hours ago, dialamah said:

Why don't you object to Argus's claim that if a woman is wearing a hijab, she must be fanatical/fundamentalist?

Why does she wear it? Have you ever asked her?

Really?  Argus can accuse my neighbor and my brother in law of lying - Because they're Muslims.  Argus can accuse them of hating gays - because they're Muslim.  Argus can accuse them of supporting wife abuse - because they're Muslim.

Far be it for me to suggest you're making shit up here, distorting my words or taking them out of context. I'm sure YOU would never do such a thing... ?

Their words, their actual actions and the way they live their life doesn't matter - They're Muslim,

Might I suggest also that I don't know these people even exist? As opposed to being characters you made up to support your narrative.

If you want to argue a convincing point on the internet you need logic and evidence not "Well, I have a wonderful brother in law who doesn't believe that, so all those polls and surveys and all those stories must be wrong."

As far as I know, no one has ever accused you of exhibiting such overt ignorance and hatred.

MH just accused him of supporting the murder of this family. Did  you miss that?

But it's odd that you take it personally if anyone should call Argus et all out for their demonizing of Muslims.  Why is that?  Why did you even bother answering MH, if what he said did not apply to you?  Do you feel some kinship with Argus et al?  Do you perhaps feel the same as they do - and are hiding behind what they are saying, rather than saying it yourself?  Because if what MH initially said didn't apply to you, why did you step up?

13 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Trying to reconcile the fact that countries, entire countries, are run based on a law that itself is based on a fairy tale.  And not a nice fairy tale, either.  One of the really brutal ones.  And people who normally will man the barricades for minority rights suddenly find themselves with other things to do.  Shady's meme posted earlier is quite appropriate.

I'm reminded again of a panel discussion Douglas Murray was involved in some years ago. Murray is that oddity, a gay conservative. And he was talking about people he knew who nobly informed him that they protested the visit of the pope because of the Catholic church's stance on gay marriage. His words were to the effect that "You know, I wish the church would allow gay marriage but they're not going to. Meanwhile, I wish the people who are so proud to say they protested against the pope would spare a little condemnation for the religion who don't just want to stop me marrying but want to throw me off a f*** ing building."

15 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

how about the preservation of western civilization after the fall of the Roman Empire?

Uh, you are aware they CAUSED the fall of the Roman Empire, aren't you? It used to be centered in Turkey. 

So-called Arabic numerals actually originated in India.

how about algebra?

Developed long before Islam appeared.

they lead in the world in mathematics, architecture, medicine, physics, chemistry, astronomy and navigation, etc.

They do? As far as I'm aware the tiny world population of Jews has far, far, far more Nobel prizes for science, mathematics, medicine, etc. than then entire Muslim world. Or are you talking historically? The so-called golden age of Islam has been exaggerated, and was filled with vicious attacks on their neighbors. And Islam turned away from science long ago.

11 minutes ago, Argus said:

Uh, you are aware they CAUSED the fall of the Roman Empire, aren't you? It used to be centered in Turkey. 

So-called Arabic numerals actually originated in India.

Developed long before Islam appeared.

They do? As far as I'm aware the tiny world population of Jews has far, far, far more Nobel prizes for science, mathematics, medicine, etc. than then entire Muslim world. Or are you talking historically? The so-called golden age of Islam has been exaggerated, and was filled with vicious attacks on their neighbors. And Islam turned away from science long ago.

I am aware the Ottoman's conquered the Eastern Roman Empire

arabic numerals were spread by Islam to the rest of the world, because of their dominance of the seas

Islam may have borrowed much from others, but they were major innovators as well

algebra has an arabic name for a reason, Islam were world leaders in algebra for a very long time, and others took notice as a result

I am speaking historically, when Islam turned away from science, their golden age went with it

even before the Mongols burned down the House of Wisdom

regardless of whether the Islamic Golden Age has been exaggerated or not

the point of my response 

was that some people can't think of anything good about Islam

so I am pointing out of some of the good they objectively did

Edited by Yzermandius19

4 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the point of my response 

was that some people can't think of anything good about Islam

so I am pointing out of some of the good they objectively did

Okay. So can you think of anything good about Islam TODAY?

57 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

how about the preservation of western civilization after the fall of the Roman Empire?

how about algebra?

they lead in the world in mathematics, architecture, medicine and astronomy

for a long period of time

Islamic golden age anyone?

Sure. How about something after World War 1?

What have you done for me lately

Edited by OftenWrong

9 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

look up

be humble

Khabib Knows

In the 19th and 20th century their culture collapsed into a cesspool. All the knowledge about science, math, architecture... all lost, washed away like tears.

It's not about the great achievements of a culture anyway, what we are talking about is the attitude of individuals, persons in the street. Are their beliefs based on the principle of the golden rule? No, they are not.

The philosophy of Islam is based on oppression of human rights and people's dignity by a totalitarian ruling class. Islamofascism is a thing.

Hence it becomes clear why Islam "resonates" with the left.

;)