Islamophobia in Canada

8 minutes ago, Argus said:

If examine a survey or poll from a logical perspective then people can call me bigoted? I would say if someone accepts a survey result without question they're idiots.

We had this discussion about the 'proud to be Canadian' aspect of the poll, if you recall. It did not necessarily mean what you believed it meant.

Yes I do remember.  I still dispute your claim that assuming people lied on a survey, but only on questions that don't support your view is logical.

The last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: Muslim, or the servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him; but the tree Gharqad would not say, for it is the tree of the Jews.

---Mohammad

5 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Yes I do remember.  I still dispute your claim that assuming people lied on a survey, but only on questions that don't support your view is logical.

I think anyone might lie on any survey where they felt their own response was wildly against popular cultural views, unless the survey was truly anonymous.

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

9 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

3 examples in under a minute.

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4209384

Police dropped the ball on the first complaints, but issued an arrest warrant for the most recent one.

You haven't proven this occurs "regularly".

It has legal consequences in Canada.

Most Canadians would give a bit of slack to people protesting the bombing, apartheid and genocide of Palestinians by Israelis.

We should likely also be on the lookout for Rabbis in Canada promoting the "from the river to the sea" Zionist genocidal agenda too.

This is obviously a difficult issue with two sides, two stories, that is not a Canadian issue but affects some Canadians and sometimes comes to the attention of law enforcement, as is appropriate.

However, the Israel/Palestine issue is not justification for Islamophobia nor anti-Semitism in Canada. Both have legal consequences here.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Three in under a minute....

This Muslim woman feels it IS a problem in Canada:

http://mackenzieinstitute.com/rise-islamic-extremism-canada/

There were also small signals that all was not well with the Muslim communities in Canada, especially those of Pakistani origin. For example, the mother of one of my children’s classmates of Pakistani origin, asked me why my kids sang the Canadian national anthem when it is haram, forbidden. Upon asking where she got that information, she confessed that the imam of the local mosque had told the congregation that it was against the faith to sing the national anthem, or, indeed, to show loyalty to Canada.

Upon investigation, we discovered that some mosques were giving sermons against loyalty to Canada and at other places; the sermons were different in English and Arabic, the English version being toned down. Added to this disagreeable situation was the fact that many immigrants were enforcing cultural values and ideas that were at odds with Canada’s established traditions of democracy, freedom, and equality. No government or other authority seemed to contest any of this, and so these messages and teachings began to spread in the communities that had been subject to such instruction.

From a religious perspective, in a strange way it seemed that we were being followed by the same ideology from which we had escaped. One thing we were sure about, having lived and travelled in the Arab world before coming to Canada, was the expanding influence of Wahhabi/Salafism in Canada, especially among the country’s Pakistani Muslims. We saw it manifested in supposedly innocuous cultural nuances – for example, some Pakistani-Canadians dressing like Arabs, resisting Western values, expressing hostility toward the principles of freedom and gender equality. We saw many Islamic schools or madrassas being established.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Goddess said:

This Muslim woman feels it IS a problem in Canada:

http://mackenzieinstitute.com/rise-islamic-extremism-canada/

Islam is just being Islam...nature of the scorpion.

Anyone familiar with military history is well aware of Islam's methods over the centuries. The West's traditional foe since its inception. Had Charles Martel not defeated the Islamic invaders back in the 8th century, Europe would have likely become entirely Islamic during the so-called Middle Ages.

Fortunately...a favorable result. But, now we're flinging open the gates and praying...literally...that Islam will be kind in return. 

5 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Islam is just being Islam...nature of the scorpion.

I'm waiting to see what our "Islam is peace, Multiculturalism is fabulous, You're all a bunch of Islamophobes, Look away, there's nothing to see here, nothing going on in Canada, it's just an innocent and quaint culture" crowd have to say about her.

Likely they will say that she's an Islamophobe.

Edited by Goddess

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

I'm waiting to see what our "Islam is peace, Multiculturalism is fabulous, You're all a bunch of Islamophobes, Look away, there's nothing to see here, nothing going on in Canada" crowd have to say about her.

Likely they will say that she's an Islamophobe.

That's what Ayaan Hirsi Ali was branded as....

I admire her greatly.

Edited by DogOnPorch

Let me sum up again. Islamophobia is the "unreasoning" fear of Islam. I think that there's ample reason to suggest aprehension about ever greater numbers of Muslims coming into Canada is not unreasonable.

The British government resisted the EU's open door policy towards Muslim migrants, despite the ferocious attacks on it by progressives and the media (although opinion polls suggest the Conservatives were reflecting the mood of the people). Nevertheless, some came in, including the two bombers arrested in the train bombing last week. Dozens of British citizens suffered burns and shock from that bomb, and only because it didn't function properly are they still alive. So were the people who were wary of accepting large numbers of Muslim migrants 'Islamophobic'? It does not appear so.

• Like 3

I think the problem with Islamic sermons in Mosques derives from another wrong usage of the word "Yehud". Quran uses the word "Yehudi" to desribe Judaic persons but in English its not translated as "Judaic" but its translated as "Jew". This is the problem. 

2 hours ago, Altai said:

I think the problem with Islamic sermons in Mosques derives from another wrong usage of the word "Yehud". Quran uses the word "Yehudi" to desribe Judaic persons but in English its not translated as "Judaic" but its translated as "Jew". This is the problem. 

Maybe use "Israeli" instead, to be more clear about what the problem really is.

However, this has limited relevance to Canada.

11 minutes ago, jacee said:

You are slandering people to try to incite hatred.

Islam is a religion and I posted the line in the Quran that encourages it (lying to infidels).

Too bad 4 you.

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Plus, the Quran states this unequivocally... 

Let not believers take disbelievers as allies rather than believers. And whoever [of you] does that has nothing with Allah, except when taking precaution against them in prudence. And Allah warns you of Himself, and to Allah is the [final] destination.

https://quran.com/3/28

8 minutes ago, dialamah said:

It works on the gullible.

That would be the fault of the gullible.  Should one tailor one's speech to limit its effect on the brainless?

Edit>  Or, more to the point, should one be forced to?

Edited by bcsapper