Islamophobia in Canada

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

Again, you take a one off case and try to make it seem like FGM is practiced and believed in by mainly Christians worldwide.  

It is the scope and extent of it in Islam that concerns me.  It doesn't have that same scope and extent in Christianity.

Of course, your preferred religion gets a pass because you think all Christians around the world are exactly like the Christians you are used to here.  Truth is that if a Nigerian Christian comes to Canada, they are just as likely to believe in and practice FGM as a Nigerian Muslim.  If there is a cultural tradition of FGM, the religion doesn't matter.  Which is why using religion to screen people is a mistake.

42 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Of course, your preferred religion gets a pass

I don't have a preferred religion.  They're all bunkum to me.  So no one "gets a pass", including yours.   

I keep hoping that one day grown adults will stop believing in fairy tales that tell them to chop off their children's genitals.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Of course, your preferred religion gets a pass because you think all Christians around the world are exactly like the Christians you are used to here.  Truth is that if a Nigerian Christian comes to Canada, they are just as likely to believe in and practice FGM as a Nigerian Muslim.  If there is a cultural tradition of FGM, the religion doesn't matter.  Which is why using religion to screen people is a mistake.

As far as I'm aware that cultural practice is only widespread within parts of the world where there are an awful lot of Muslims and Muslim influence. Egypt and Malaysia, for example, over 90% of the population of women is subjected to it. In Nigeria, which is only 50% Muslim, somewhere between 25% -50% of the women are subjected to it. In Somalia its 98% and in Malaysia 93%, in Mali 89%. All of the countries with high numbers of FGM are, as far as I'm aware, Muslim or mainly Muslim.  The west african countries you talk about, ie, Senegal, Gambia, Mali, Burkino Faso, Guinea, are mainly Muslim. The practices is becoming popular in Indonesia, too, where, according to an article I read the authorities have given up trying to stamp it out in the face of opposition by religious authorities.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Zul-Fiqar786 said:

Hitting your wife doesn't mean sending her to the hospital, only expressing your displeasure with bad behavior, similar to how parents should have the right to spank their kids when the latter need disciplining. In a traditional family, the husband is in charge and the head, his wife is expected to follow his lead and support him. Destroying the traditional family has resulted in all the social problems we see today.

sexy-girl-middle-finger-smiley-emoticon.

• Like 4

On 9/11/2017 at 7:53 PM, Zul-Fiqar786 said:

Hitting your wife doesn't mean sending her to the hospital, only expressing your displeasure with bad behavior, similar to how parents should have the right to spank their kids when the latter need disciplining. In a traditional family, the husband is in charge and the head, his wife is expected to follow his lead and support him. Destroying the traditional family has resulted in all the social problems we see today.

No, it's putting up with this perverted notion of a traditional husband that helps maintain social problems.

And I don't think it's much of a stretch to say that most of the problems we see in the world today are a result of a very similar and very traditional power dynamic; bigger powerful nations slapping smaller weaker people's around for the same reason, their own pleasure, read their power and wealth - ultimately this is what perverts the sense of what being in charge means, what constitutes bad behaviour and how to deal with it.

Its no less different really in the relationship between all too many governments and the people they govern and where might makes right.  Where do you think governments get the sense they can get away with it? Good olde fashioned traditional attitudes like the ones being highlighted above often as not.

• Like 2

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎13 at 2:46 AM, eyeball said:

No, it's putting up with this perverted notion of a traditional husband that helps maintain social problems.

And I don't think it's much of a stretch to say that most of the problems we see in the world today are a result of a very similar and very traditional power dynamic; bigger powerful nations slapping smaller weaker people's around for the same reason, their own pleasure, read their power and wealth - ultimately this is what perverts the sense of what being in charge means, what constitutes bad behaviour and how to deal with it.

Its no less different really in the relationship between all too many governments and the people they govern and where might makes right.  Where do you think governments get the sense they can get away with it? Good olde fashioned traditional attitudes like the ones being highlighted above often as not.

Time to stretch your imagination as to what problem terrorists cause in the world and what type of behaviour they display and when they are Muslim extremist terrorists and get called out for that behaviour, it doesn't make calling that behaviour, Islamaphobic.

You have a selective imagination.

For example on another thread you post in when a regular contributor poses quite proudly as a Muslim fundamentalist from Turkey and calls people Kafir, you remain silent as to what that means.

This is why you have zero credibility when it comes to talking about any discriminatory behaviour as do many on this thread defending Muslim extremism from criticism calling it Islamophobia. You selectively condone bigotry stated in the name of Islam on this forum in one thread then come on this one preaching like some righteous saint on Islamophobia.

• Like 1

That's quite the leap you've made referring to an opinionated fundie MLW poster as a Muslim extremist terrorist in the same breath rue. Maybe you're just projecting your own self-image.

In any case you religious fundies are pretty much all the same to me - maybe I'm happier letting sleeping dogs lay and not draw their attention to me.  With you on the other hand...if you're not crapping on what I write you're crapping on something I don't really give a shit about - I'll still rub your nose in it in either case.

Since you're so quick to imagine you know me  from what I don't say - until such time as you come up with an example of me actually stating that I condon a sort of religious bigotry that is normally associated with racism you can safely assume I don't support it. 

3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

That's quite the leap you've made referring to an opinionated fundie MLW poster as a Muslim extremist terrorist in the same breath rue. Maybe you're just projecting your own self-image.

In any case you religious fundies are pretty much all the same to me - maybe I'm happier letting sleeping dogs lay and not draw their attention to me.  With you on the other hand...if you're not crapping on what I write you're crapping on something I don't really give a shit about - I'll still rub your nose in it in either case.

Since you're so quick to imagine you know me  from what I don't say - until such time as you come up with an example of me actually stating that I condon a sort of religious bigotry that is normally associated with racism you can safely assume I don't support it. 

It's a lot of projection from someone who does not know you at all. I say switch it up, do it to them!

On 12/09/2017 at 9:35 AM, DogOnPorch said:

Where SHOULD we look to in order to see Islam practiced properly as Mohammad intended?

Who the hell cares.

It's a religion. They're all archaic and strange.

But people are free to practice as they wish, within the law.

There is no justification for Islamophobia in Canada.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jacee said:

Who the hell cares.

It's a religion. They're all archaic and strange.

But people are free to practice as they wish, within the law.

There is no justification for Islamophobia in Canada.

So...you can't think of anywhere where Islam doesn't bring misery and death, either.

Understood.

I can see why you like it.

25 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

So...you can't think of anywhere where Islam doesn't bring misery and death, either.

Understood.

I can see why you like it.

Stop trolling. 

All religions are stupid mind control nonsense.

But that's a choice people are free to make, within the law.

Islam is not a problem in Canada.

Islamophobia is.

Edited by jacee
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, jacee said:

Stop trolling. 

All religions are stupid mind control nonsense.

But that's a choice people are free to make, within the law.

Islam is not a problem in Canada.

Islamophobia is.

Yes...it is VERY important to add that qualifier that Islam hasn't yet become the same murderous problem in Canada as it has...

EVERYWHERE ELSE IT GOES...

...very, very important. 

You do your cult proud.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Yes...it is VERY important to add that qualifier that Islam hasn't yet become the same murderous problem in Canada as it has...

EVERYWHERE ELSE IT GOES...

...very, very important. 

You do your cult proud.

It's the USA! USA! cult that is a murderous problem everywhere it goes.

Edited by jacee
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, jacee said:

It's the USA! USA! cult that is a murderous problem everywhere it goes.

Yet here you are enjoying their internet. Using it to spread your Islam.

Where SHOULD we look to in order to see Islam practiced properly as Mohammad intended?

13 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Your Islam is the reason there is the word 'Balkanization'.

Bosnia is in the Balkans...btw. ;)

Ask your beloved US of A and Nato who created the balkanisation of former Yugoslavia. ;)

The 'schadenfreude' of 13th SS brigade still haunting you...

Just now, kactus said:

Canada is part of Nato...

Read the post...

The U.S. is part of NATO too, but that didn't stop you from singling out the "US of A".

Canada invented the "Responsibility to Protect" for domestic and international objectives, and milked it for all it was worth under Jean Chretien in the former Yugoslavia.