Islamophobia in Canada

They have no travel ban in the UK.  There they let Muslims go fight for ISIS and come back free and clear - how's that going for them?  Do you think Trudeau will allow muslims to go fight for ISIS and return home - of course he will!

Some of the more idiotic comments i've heard are; ISIS wants a reaction, ISIS wants a travel ban...Bull!  ISIS wants people who can travel back and forth without question, they want to use our liberal laws against us - that's what they want.  

ISIS sits back and laughs their asses off at just how stupid western liberals are - I guarantee it!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

They have no travel ban in the UK.  There they let Muslims go fight for ISIS and come back free and clear - how's that going for them?  Do you think Trudeau will allow muslims to go fight for ISIS and return home - of course he will!

Perhaps you don't understand the concept of the travel ban: the idea is to stop certain people from entering the country, not leaving. A number of people who have returned to Canada after having a relationship with ISIS are in jail. Some may have slipped through a crack because there wasn't enough evidence. If you think for a moment you should be able to comprehend that might be difficult to keep track of when you could take a series of flights to get you in and out of the actual destination.

15 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

SIS sits back and laughs their asses off at just how stupid western liberals are - I guarantee it!

They probably do when they see how easy western conservatives so easily stumble into the deep end of their paranoia pool. 

4 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

Is there anyone who doesn't believe that once the muslim numbers increase in Canada, we'll start seeing terrorist attacks too and look very much like France, Germany and England?  IOW - does anyone not understand that we're inviting terrorism into our lives? 

Hal for sure  once Muslim numbers increase the likelihood of a Muslim terrorist in their midst goes up. That's true. But using that very rational,  we should take in no immigrants at al because when you take in anybody the chances of some of them being criminals, pedophiles, drug addicts, goes up.

So just wow far do you want to go in screening? Also do we have a way to prevent people who are Muslim but hide their identity from getting in the country? Also will you screen out anyone who looks dark or has a big nose because you think they "look" Muslim? 

Also the block out all Muslims approach does not address the made in Canada terrorists who were not even born Muslim and convert to it after reading about it on the internet.

So the issue is far more complex then just a knee jerk blame all Muslims approach.

Terrorism is designed by terrorists  to get us to react by blaming all Muslims as terrorists. This then alienates Muslims and makes them distrustful of we non Muslims fearing us for blaming  them for terrorism and that makes them in turn more easy to recruit by Muslim terrorists. The terrorists with their actions want us to hate all Muslims. Its not just about killing and making people fear them its also about getting non Muslims to hate Muslims.

So no thanks I aint doing what Muslim terrorists want. I will not hate all  Muslims because of Muslim terrorists, That's what those Muslim terrorists want and they won't get it from me.

I see the knee jerk reaction that fails to distinguish innocent from guilty Muslim and I can understand why its hard to distinguish the two and how we have to be realistic in our screening process sure I get that and support that but no don't ask me to join in with the anti Muslims. I'm anti Muslim terrorist not anti Muslim and I won't blur the two.

So my last answer to you is yes Hal, we  have to be realistic if we take in fundamentalist Muslims as immigrants the risk of some of them becoming terrorists goes up so we have to re-examine our screening procedures. Yes terrorists are coming out of Muslim countries posing as refugees.

Yes...but I don't think arresting all Muslims is the solution not do I think its realistic.

Ismaili and Amidyah Muslims are not terrorists many fled  Muslim terrorism. Many other  Muslims fled terrorism to get here not come to be terrorists. I do not feel like stereotyping all Muslims with hateful words. Its too easy but yes we need more realistic screening and waiting procedures if that is your point. What I am saying Hal is let's please lets not punish genuine refugees or progressive positive Muslims helping build Canada.

Yes lets crack down on Muslim terrorists.

Edited by Rue
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

Are all those dead and mangled girls paranoid.  Would I be paranoid if I were to predict another muslim terrorist attack?  Do you think that we've seen the last of the terrorism?  

I'm sure we haven't seen the last of terrorism, whether it be a Sikh, a Jew, a Christian, or a Muslim etc. Now you have a 6 pager to read from Rue.

4 minutes ago, Rue said:

Hal for sure  once Muslim numbers increase the likelihood of a Muslim terrorist in their midst goes up. That's true. But using that very rational,  we should take in nobody because when you take in anybody the chances of some of them being criminals, pedophiles, drug addicts, goes up.

How far do you want to go in screening? Also do you have a way to prevent people who are Muslim but hide their identity from getting in the country? Will you screen out anyone who looks dark or has a big nose? 

See its easy to jump to the extreme conclusion that if you simply block out all Muslims bingo no problem. That does not address the made in Canada terrorists who were not even born Muslim and convert to it after reading about it on the internet.

The issue is far more complex then just a knee jerk blame all Muslims approach.

Terrorism is designed to get us to react by blaming all Muslims, That then alienates Muslims and makes them distrustful of non Muslims fearing we blame them for terrorism and that makes them in turn more easy to recruit. The terrorists with their actions want us to hate all Muslims. Its not just abou killing and making people fear them its also about getting non Muslims to hate Muslims.

I aint doing what Muslim terrorists want. I will not hate Muslims because of Muslim terrorists, That's what those Muslim terrorists want and they won't get it from me.

I see the knee jerk reaction that fails to distinguish innocent from guilty Muslim and I can understand why its hard to distinguish the two and how we have to be realistic in our screening process sure I get that and support that but no don't ask me to join in with the anti Muslims. I'm anti Muslim terrorist. So my last answer to you is yes Hal, we  have to be realistic if we take in fundamentalist Muslims as immigrants the risk of some of them becoming terrorists goes up. Yes terrorists are coming out of Muslim refugees fleeing t Europe. Yes. But I don't think arresting all Muslims is the solution not do I think its realistic to think our present Canadian government has a clue about Muslim terrorism and has gone too far the other way in even refusing to use the words together like Obama did. There's a balance somewhere in between. Ismaili and Amidyah Muslims are not terrorists they fleed terrorism. Many Muslims fleed terrorism to get here not come to be terrorists. I do not feel like stereotyping all Muslims with hateful words. Its too easy but yes we need more realistic screening and waiting procedures if that is your point. What I am saying Hal is let's please not punish genuine refugees or progressive positive Muslims helping build Canada.

Muslim terrorism isn't about getting us to hate Muslims, it's about getting us to cower to their belief system.  It's about changing our society and our culture, and it's about crushing our economy.  

People can claim "diversity is our strength" or "we won't let them change us" until the cows come home. Fact is, it's wrong!  Westerners simply don't have the stomach or the will to fight what they know - or should know.  It's like the bullied kid who tries to put on a brave face by saying they can handle it, fact is, they're terrified and know the easy route is to just keep their head down and hope for better days - ain't gonna happen.

They're already talking about having the military stand guard over concerts and sporting events - yeah, "it won't change us"...indeed.  

9 minutes ago, Omni said:

I'm sure we haven't seen the last of terrorism, whether it be a Sikh, a Jew, a Christian, or a Muslim etc. Now you have a 6 pager to read from Rue.

Tee hee. I loved your response. How helpful. Your response means what? You try suggest what that Sikhs, Jews and Christians are engaging in terrorism as Muslims do?

Yah 6 page response. Unlike you I try think before I write and explain my views. Save your insults. Your comment above is drivel whether it be short or long.

3 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

Muslim terrorism isn't about getting us to hate Muslims, it's about getting us to cower to their belief system.  It's about changing our society and our culture, and it's about crushing our economy.  

Both. I agree with your last comments for sure but its also about having us hate Muslims. We hate them, they then are easier to recruit by terrorists. I have seen it first hand on the West Bank. You get a kid at 5 to start throwing rocks. Then when he's hurt by a soldier his family who may have been moderate now hate Israeli soldiers and are willing to assist Hamas. I've seen how it works first hand. When a terrorist kills an  Israeli, the Israelis now react by not trusting any Muslims and that in turn makes the Muslims feel all Israelis hate them. That's what the terrorists want. The true agenda of terrorism is to spread panic, hatred, discriminatory beliefs and an inability to tell innocent from guilty. It works. It manipulates emotions and breeds angry misdirected responses. It also does what you say. Its also designed to make people fear Islam.

Terrorists are not geniuses. They operate on base primary instincts. Their acts are primal. If they are to become elaborative techniques used to change behaviour they no longer use primal violence they use other modes of disinformation and psychological manipulation such as false news.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rue said:

Both. I agree with your last comments for sure but its also about having us hate Muslims. We hate them, they then are easier to recruit by terrorists. I have seen it first hand on the West Bank. You get a kid at 5 to start throwing rocks. Then when he's hurt by a soldier his family who may have been moderate now hate Israeli soldiers and are willing to assist Hamas. I've seen how it works first hand. When a terrorist kills an  Israeli, the Israelis now react by not trusting any Muslims and that in turn makes the Muslims feel all Israelis hate them. That's what the terrorists want. The true agenda of terrorism is to spread panic, hatred, discriminatory beliefs and an inability to tell innocent from guilty. It works. It manipulates emotions and breeds angry misdirected responses. It also does what you say. Its also designed to make people fear Islam.

Terrorists are not geniuses. They operate on base primary instincts. Their acts are primal. If they are to become elaborative techniques used to change behaviour they no longer use primal violence they use other modes of disinformation and psychological manipulation such as false news.

The part that really infuriates me is this;  They've arrested 8 people, there is likely way more that were involved.  All those people have family and friends, so it would be inconceivable that many of those people didn't know something was going down.  These MF'ERS said nothing.  That's what is concerning, liberals will claim one terrorist or a small group of disenfranchised muslims, but the amount of people who knew this was going to happen and showed either support or simple indifference is staggering.  This is why I call them rats.  I could use the word reptiles - either way, they're inhuman to allow that attack to happen. 

@DogOnPorch, @Argus, @Hal 9000  You think you are great resistors to Islam and really you are doing exactly what ISIS wants, as shown by their own words.

More than two years ago, in February 2015, the ISIS online magazine, Dabiq, made clear that

one of the main goals of the group’s brutal attacks in the West was to destroy the “gray zone” — of peaceful co-existence between Muslims and non-Muslims — and provoke a backlash. “The Muslims in the West will quickly find themselves between one of two choices, they either apostatize and adopt the [infidel] religion … or they … [emigrate] to the Islamic State and thereby escape persecution from the crusader governments and citizens.”

The Islamophobes

see themselves as politically incorrect truth-tellers; as bold and blunt opponents of the radicals and the extremists. The reality is that they are the accomplices, the unpaid agents, of those very same radicals and extremists. Every terrorist needs a Katie Hopkins. It is one of the great ironies of our time — those who shout loudest about the threat posed by ISIS are often the biggest propagandists for ISIS.

But hey, you keep right on following ISIS' plan.

17 minutes ago, dialamah said:

@DogOnPorch, @Argus, @Hal 9000  You think you are great resistors to Islam and really you are doing exactly what ISIS wants, as shown by their own words.

But hey, you keep right on following ISIS' plan.

So, what do you think the goal of ISIS is?  I don't mean short term "make us hate Muslims" crap, but long term.  What is the end goal?

29 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

So, what do you think the goal of ISIS is?  I don't mean short term "make us hate Muslims" crap, but long term.  What is the end goal?

I believe the goal of ISIS is exactly what they say it is:  persuade the world to reject Muslims and Islam through ever more barbaric attacks and actions, use that to recruit more Muslims to support the installation of their caliphate.  

I don't want to help them do that.

3 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I believe the goal of ISIS is exactly what they say it is:  persuade the world to reject Muslims and Islam through ever more barbaric attacks and actions, use that to recruit more Muslims to support the installation of their caliphate.  

I don't want to help them do that.

So, it's about the caliphate - good.  Now, what will make them stop the terror attacks?

10 hours ago, Goddess said:

That point is NOT neglected.  It's used to justify every terrorist attack and is reported as such.  

Its used to explain and understand not justify. You like virtually every other right-wing conservative have decided however that understanding is tantamount to being with the terrorists.

I shake my head at how you and others here feel the Manchester bombing was justified.  Just sick.

I find you even more repellant, because you come from a society that should know better than to ally itself with and act on behalf of some of the most bloodthirsty regimes on the planet. Doing this is not just sick in my opinion, it's something that should be regarded as being one of the worst crimes against humanity that can be committed.  The lasting damage that such behaviour causes is at least as bad as radioactivity.

Its pretty god-damn sad that it's come down to kids both dying and killing because of right-wing intransigence on the issue of widespread western complicity in the root causes of this war.  You people should be effing ashamed of yourselves.

10 hours ago, Goh Shenas said:

Conservatism is what holds up the values we believe in. Virtues of democracy, freedom, enterprise.  

I guess that explains why we're such good friends with Saudi Arabia.

Something libtards cannot fathom.

Liberals just prolong the pain by supporting this cancerous cult and exonerate their crimes.

Yes, notice how Trudeau rubber-stamped Canada's $15 billion arms deal with the House of Blood.

5 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

The part that really infuriates me is this;  They've arrested 8 people, there is likely way more that were involved.  All those people have family and friends, so it would be inconceivable that many of those people didn't know something was going down.  These MF'ERS said nothing.  That's what is concerning, liberals will claim one terrorist or a small group of disenfranchised muslims, but the amount of people who knew this was going to happen and showed either support or simple indifference is staggering.  This is why I call them rats.  I could use the word reptiles - either way, they're inhuman to allow that attack to happen. 

And you're right. It is infuriating. Why didn't they rat the perp out?   Do you believe restricting Muslims somehow will be conducive to them ratting out the killers amongst them? Do you think that shit like banning them wearing hijabs or 'confronting' them for wearing them is going to make them think that Gee its a joy living here despite the harassment in the streets or at work is conducive to them ratting out suspicious behaviour?  Will cops stopping them wily nilly make them more trustful and willing to help out? Will they be pleased with second class citizenship? With people trailing them where-ever they go solely due to their muslim religion?   

Or maybe being recognized as citizens of this country who enjoy the same rights as everyone else will make them a little more leary of the hot-heads at the mosque? When we treat them like fellow citizens and not enemies Then you will see more of the wannabe martyrs ratted out. A lot more. 

Abandon the thought that more restrictions,  blanket surveillance or inhibiting their lives will make us safer. 

5 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Why do you say that?

@Hal.. I'm not a military expert nor an expert on terrorism so I'm not even going try to answer.

No, didn't think you'd answer.  At least you're smart enough to when your painted into a corner.  That's something, I guess.

6 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Why do you say that?

@Hal.. I'm not a military expert nor an expert on terrorism so I'm not even going try to answer.

Because anyone can become a terrorist whenever they feel like it. Anyone. I could; You could; Hal could. There is no permission required, or license to be applied for.  Happy youths don't rush off to kill themselves and others. Unhappy alienated ones do.   

6 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

Lets take the low end of 20%, we have a 1 million Muslims in this country - that's 200,000 people who are just fine with what we saw in Manchester - does that not sicken you liberals even a bit?   

That's just a drop in the bucket compared to millions upon millions of north Americans who are just fine with their beloved coalition dropping bombs on Muslim kids.

6 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

No, what you people don't have is fore site.  What you don't have is an understanding of "cause and effect". What you don't have is the ability to learn from the mistakes of others.  

You mean like an understanding of root causes?

/facepalm