Islamophobia in Canada

Regarding the latter, apparently only women, children and families will be accepted by Canada. No single men.

Yes, cause women can't be terrorists, nor raise their children to become terrorists. *sarcasm*

I would rather we restrict against sunni muslims rather than against single men. Religious minorities are far less likely to commit terrorism and are in greater need of help.

Edit: also, young single men are more likely to be less of a burden on society and a greater share of single men means that the group will have a lower birth rate.

Edited by -1=e^ipi

Jesus is the only authority. Jesus coming to fulfil the law is a basic tenet of the religion. Literally no one with any knowledge of the bible would tell you that the ancient punishments were applicable anymore once Jesus came around. He paid the FINAL price by laying down his life. He ordered his followers not to kill anyone for any reason. Jesus did. Not me, not the Pope, not Billy Graham.

And yet Christians the world over still kill other people for 'biblical' reasons.

Bryan, so Jesus preaches non-violence and turning the other cheeck (vs. eye for an eye) and according to you, the NT trumps the OT on any discrepancies between the two.

In your opinion then, is it possible to be a true Christian while participating in war or believing in capital-punishment?

Bryan, so Jesus preaches non-violence and turning the other cheeck (vs. eye for an eye) and according to you, the NT trumps the OT on any discrepancies between the two.

In your opinion then, is it possible to be a true Christian while participating in war or believing in capital-punishment?

Bryan apparently has his own Christian Church - a special one that only speaks of peace and love - and where Jesus talks to him directly. And in Bryan's bible, Jesus said homosexuality is wrong.

Yeah, but in his defense, I think you'd be pretty hard-pressed to find anyone to explain their religion without any hypocrisies since all religions are full of them.

I actually wasn't trying to be confrontational, I'm genuinely curious what his response will be.

Of course. There's no contradiction there. The believer is not to take it upon himself, the state does what it does. It's not the Christian's job to seek vengeance, but it very well may be the state's job to do so. The Church and the State are separate. Even within that framework, many Christians will conscientiously object to the actions of the state, if the state is forcing them to participate. The state doing (whatever) is within their purview, that still doesn't mean the individual must take part.

Yeah, but in his defense, I think you'd be pretty hard-pressed to find anyone to explain their religion without any hypocrisies since all religions are full of them.

I actually wasn't trying to be confrontational, I'm genuinely curious what his response will be.

There's no hypocrisy about it. They are two completely different things.

Bryan apparently has his own Christian Church - a special one that only speaks of peace and love - and where Jesus talks to him directly. And in Bryan's bible, Jesus said homosexuality is wrong.

Not at all. There is nothing remotely remarkable about what I've said here. Virtually all churches, church leaders, pastors, and biblical scholars who consider themselves even remotely following Christ's example would have very similar positions.

....Not at all. There is nothing remotely remarkable about what I've said here. Virtually all churches, church leaders, pastors, and biblical scholars who consider themselves even remotely following Christ's example would have very similar positions.

That's true...it is a very modern and politically correct notion to say otherwise.

The authoritative source is the new testament. Jesus came to fulfil the law. Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. The Pope is not an authority on anything. Catholics do whatever they do, they do not speak for Christianity as a whole. A LOT of their teachings are extra-biblical.

"The authoritative source is the new testament"

Does Christianity, like Islam, hold abrogation as a tenet, or are you assuming the NT supersedes the OT through other means?

Of course. There's no contradiction there. The believer is not to take it upon himself, the state does what it does. It's not the Christian's job to seek vengeance, but it very well may be the state's job to do so. The Church and the State are separate. Even within that framework, many Christians will conscientiously object to the actions of the state, if the state is forcing them to participate. The state doing (whatever) is within their purview, that still doesn't mean the individual must take part.

There's no hypocrisy about it. They are two completely different things.

Not at all. There is nothing remotely remarkable about what I've said here. Virtually all churches, church leaders, pastors, and biblical scholars who consider themselves even remotely following Christ's example would have very similar positions.

Jesus told us to "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and to God that which is God's". In other words, obey the law of the land and obey God's law as an individual in your private life. However, God's law as we call it is not a 'law'. It is advice on how to conduct ourselves if we want health, successful lives. Along with His advice God gave us free will to obey his advice or to not obey at our own risk.

When did Jesus ever condemn homosexuality? It was condemned by prophets and the apostles, never by Jesus Himself. If Jesus did not condemn it then it is not subject to condemnation by other human beings.

So, this thread seems to have gotten seriously off track. Trying to find examples to create a false equivalence between Islam and Christianity is a typical deflection tactic.

I'd like to again ask the questions from my earlier post which nobody made an effort to address.

So... first off, I ask those here who are cheerleading for more Muslims to be brought to Canada: what positives do you see that balance out these potential negatives?

And secondly, what would you do here in Canada to prevent the negative effects Europe is seeing from materializing here in Canada?

-k

Harper wanted to take his time and find businessmen and people who spoke English, as well as Christians who are in more danger and are more likely to integrate. But that's out the window now in our frantic rush to grab anyone available to fulfill Trudeau's campaign promise. So here is what we'll be getting by the thousands. Most are not educated, know nothing about Canada, not where it is, not even that it's largely Christian.

Imagine that you were a Syrian day labourer or a cigarette vendor with a wife and six children. Such a person would have lived his life until now by the rules of a deeply conservative patriarchal society that puts family honour above all else and would have been ruled by a dictator before being ruled by his equally ruthless son.
The typical family of the refugees that Canada is considering have mostly lived out in a desert where temperatures dwell in the high forties for months at a time.
Lacking higher education or easily transferable skill sets, and with scant English or French, they will require an immense amount of help and encouragement when they arrive on the other side of the pond. They will be in for a tough slog once they get their parkas, toques and galoshes on.

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/matthew-fisher-refugees-will-face-a-cultural-cliff-in-canada-and-canadians-will-be-tested-too

Edited by Charles Anthony
added quotation format

Yes, no single men allowed and the families are going to military bases for a time.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-refugee-plan-women-children-families-1.3330185

That is a mistake. Unless the men follow their families later, then the family will be dependant on provincial support or welfare. How long will it take for the mother to learn enough English to gain employment with an income high enough to cover child care?

Me can find labour jobs far easier than women. Why not allow the major bread winner in with their families?

That is a mistake. Unless the men follow their families later, then the family will be dependant on provincial support or welfare. How long will it take for the mother to learn enough English to gain employment with an income high enough to cover child care?

Me can find labour jobs far easier than women. Why not allow the major bread winner in with their families?

What about "single" men do you not get? If you're a father of a family, you'd presume they would qualify.

The irony of a refugee program is the people with the best paper trail will be at the front of the line. Chances are they'd be the least desperate to find a new home.

The poorest of the poor have no ability to become refugees.

Kimmy, it wasn't deflection. It's actually quite natural when adherents of one religion go on about another.

This doesn't happen often when atheists discuss religion but it's a very suitable retort to someone who thinks their God is better than someone else's.

As for how we're going to integrate a people who'll make up 0.0007% (yes that's three zeros after the decimal) of our population, I'm not all that worried.

What about "single" men do you not get? If you're a father of a family, you'd presume they would qualify.

Thank you for your polite correction. I did misread the statement.

As to "The poorest of the poor have no ability to become refugees' I do agree.

On the other hand, the reason that a person is the poorest of the poor because they do not have marketable skills or some other challenge that keeps then from becoming self sufficient. This would mean that the individual would have great difficulty in paying their own way in this society and become a drain rather than an asset to Canada.

Topaz stated single men. Why must these be labour jobs?

I have found that those who have read the Bible from front to back "again and again " just as tolerant of others as those who have read the Koran from front to back, again and again.

I find those the least tolerant of all.And isn' the Qu'ran read back to front.?

Of course not. Cause perspective.

So, this thread seems to have gotten seriously off track. Trying to find examples to create a false equivalence between Islam and Christianity is a typical deflection tactic.

I'd like to again ask the questions from my earlier post which nobody made an effort to address.

-k

So... first off, I ask those here who are cheerleading for more Muslims to be brought to Canada: what positives do you see that balance out these potential negatives?

And secondly, what would you do here in Canada to prevent the negative effects Europe is seeing from materializing here in Canada?

-k

Ppl will point to consumerism as a positive.

And clearly, the negative affects in Europe are all just a figment of the Zionist propaganda. Haven't you been reading MSM?

-k

Kimmy, this is just fear mongering.