China's Ending One Child Per Plan Rule.

G Huxley

I'm a pacifist. Having restrictions on the number of children that can be produced is a method of reducing a population without disease, starvation and war. It is obviously the better solution. Or perhaps you would prefer disease, famine and war as a method of reducing the population?

Population imbalance which leaves tens of millions of men without a prospect of having a stable longterm relationship might likely cause war wether small or large and would bring starvation and disease with it to some extent.

Apparently, every developed nation is starting to suffer from "population implosion" with an average of less than 2 children per family. It is either make more kids or expand your immigration program.

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/11-630-x/11-630-x2014002-eng.htm

Canada is currently at 1.61. Time for another long national electrical blackout.

Edited by Big Guy

No, I prefer people to have individual freedom.

No matter what China did, your response is allways negative, on the other hand, if US did something not beautiful, most time you keep silent.
Actrully, individual freedom situation in China is much better in USA.
In the United Status, 20% population have been convinced as guilty. Is that something can call it human right? Why the system can not provent it from happening? Isn't that too many laws? And too less rights of people there? or too worse environment there that people have no choice to avoid breaking law? Why you keep blind at that but just indulge in blaming China blindly and brainlessly following the brainwash mainsteam media blaming China unconditionally when heard no matter what kind of information from there?
Right now, if you are poor or a member of a racial minority group, you have a far greater chance of going to jail or prison. Usually, even after a person gets out from behind bars, they still have to deal with a criminal record. This can make it difficult, or even impossible, to get a well-paying job. Keeping the person trapped in cycle of poverty that usually begins at a young age. A report from 2011 by the National Employment Law Project, found that a shocking 65 million people face barriers to employment in the United States. Even low wage entry level positions can be out of reach for people with a criminal record, even for non-violent offenses that should have no bearing on the person’s ability to work. Unfortunately, there has not been nearly as much pressure on politicians to enact change on this issue as there has been on sentencing reform.
--- President Obama Comes Out In Full Force For Criminal Justice Reform (VIDEO)

"Population imbalance which leaves tens of millions of men without a prospect of having a stable longterm relationship might likely cause war wether small or large and would bring starvation and disease with it to some extent. "

Then the Chinese would be bringing it upon themselves wouldn't they?

What is your point here? The Chinese government made this policy decades ago and is now working to at least limit the impact to one generation. Are you of or against it?

Apparently, every developed nation is starting to suffer from "population implosion" with an average of less than 2 children per family. It is either make more kids or expand your immigration program.

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/11-630-x/11-630-x2014002-eng.htm

Canada is currently at 1.61. Time for another long national electrical blackout.

Why not simply let the population decrease and do nature a big favour?

Pi I heard what you said about a l child policy leading to a population decrease like crash. That opinion to be fair is not just yours. I don't get it though. I don't get the math or thought behind it. Do you know more about this? My understanding which I admit is limited is that even if there was a sudden decrease there are so many in China now it can't make a sizeable difference as once you hit say over I think its 500 million, unless all your children are male after that, there's always a multiplying or snow ball effect to population that goes up not withstanding cancer, heart disease, etc.

I am for the One Child per family policy.

I repeat:

Population imbalance which leaves tens of millions of men without a prospect of having a stable longterm relationship might likely cause war wether small or large and would bring starvation and disease with it to some extent.

So you are FOR the one child policy even though it might in the long run produce some very negative results for the country, the region if not the world but at the same time you say they brought it on themselves?

I wonder what is the statistical result of a one child policy. The mathematics would suggest that the result would be one new person of the next generation created as the result of a two person pairing and parenting - but - not every child born lives to reproduce. Not every child is fertile and not every child will choose to find a partner and have a child with him/her.

Under those conditions, the rate at which a population would decrease in size may be accelerated.