CPC Leadership Predictions

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Political leadership is a bit like the decathlon - there's a minimum level you have to reach in each discipline. Looking the part matters. Kellie Leitch does not look or sound like a leader. She's an excellent surgeon by all accounts and a good organizer but a party leader she will never be.

None of them do.

It's a most lackluster crew.

This should be Jim Prentice's moment.

Edited by jacee

MP Kellie Leitch backtracks on her CPC barbaric cultural practices snitch line announcement... said she did it for the children!!

There were tears....

Her campaign manager was busted for drunk driving... apparently he needs help....

so why did she hire an alcoholic for a campaign manager in the first place??

She said marijuana is very dangerous ... more dangerous than smoking cigarettes. I guess she thinks alcohol is fine though.... even though drunk drivers (like her campaign manager) kill more people in one year than pot ever has!

Edited by The_Squid

Political leadership is a bit like the decathlon - there's a minimum level you have to reach in each discipline. Looking the part matters. Kellie Leitch does not look or sound like a leader.

with this gem as the backdrop: Barbaric Cultural Practices Snitch Line!

on P&P today; Rosemary Barton's full interview with Kellie Leitch - wow! And she's supposed to be a contender?

MP Kellie Leitch backtracks on her CPC barbaric cultural practices snitch line announcement... said she did it for the children!!

There were tears....

Her campaign manager was busted for drunk driving... apparently he needs help....

She said marijuana is very dangerous ... more dangerous than smoking cigarettes. I guess she thinks alcohol is fine though.... even though drunk drivers (like her campaign manager) kill more people in one year than pot ever has!

Maybe she didn't know he had a drinking problem? Sounds like he was a well functioning alcoholic.

There were tears....

Let's be honest. She's a lapdog. Her campaign manager was probably assigned to her by the party.

Why? Because he's not conservative?

What makes him "not conservative"?

It seems like you want to shrink the party to a few hardcore social conservatives... I am all for it, but it will make it an unelectable party.

Edited by The_Squid

What makes him "not conservative"?

It seems like you want to shrink the party to a few hardcore social conservatives... I am all for it, but it will make it an unelectable party.

It seems that way to you, huh? I suppose it hasn't crossed your mind that I'm not a social conservative? No, of course not. I'm on the 'enemies' list for not joining in the progressive groupthink, a heretic and traitor to humanity fighting against the only true wisdom of the collective. So of course, I must only be in support of other 'extremists' and 'fringe' people, for all the great mass of the proletariat agrees with you.

Go take a leap.

Edited by Argus

Lol

Ranting about unwed mothers and how detrimental to society they are is pretty much textbook social conservative nonsense.

What un-conservative things would exclude McKay from the leadership?

Edited by The_Squid

Lol

Ranting about unwed mothers and how detrimental to society they are is pretty much textbook social conservative nonsense.

No, it isn't. Social conservatives would complain about the morality of it. I don't give a damn about the morality of it. I'm talking about the financial aspects, and the cost to society in those terms. And even then only in the context of how progressives can think they're doing a good thing, by eliminating the 'shame' element, while actually doing something harmful to society.

What un-conservative things would exclude McKay from the leadership?

I'm unaware of any conservative beliefs McKay possesses, like smaller government, for example, less intrusive government, a believe in individual self-reliance wherever possible, as well as individual responsibility, a stronger military, law and order, paying down the debt. etc.

The PC party died because they abandoned conservatism.

The PC party died because of the GST. Even though it was a necessity.

Edited by Guest

So a Red Tory isn't a conservative?

A Red Tory is a liberal wearing a blue suit. People don't always join the party most closely aligned with their beliefs (and sometimes they change one without changing the other). The are conservatives in the Liberal Party, there are liberals in the Conservative Party.

A Red Tory is a liberal wearing a blue suit. People don't always join the party most closely aligned with their beliefs (and sometimes they change one without changing the other). The are conservatives in the Liberal Party, there are liberals in the Conservative Party.

Enlightening.

So what's a conservative? What is it that a Red Tory believes in that's not conservative?

Edited by Newfoundlander

Argus wrote: "I'm unaware of any conservative beliefs McKay possesses, like smaller government, for example, less intrusive government, a believe in individual self-reliance wherever possible, as well as individual responsibility, a stronger military, law and order, paying down the debt. etc."

I don't see how you can have a stronger military and still have a smaller government, less intrusive government, and pay down the debt. A strong military requires a massive increase in taxes, conscription and government control (not ownership) of industry. I would like a strong military but Canadians do not agree. They do not want to make the sacrifice.