Election Night Discussion Thread

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems you are heading for a change of government. How is it in Canada exactly: Is it a typical situation of getting fed up with the same party in power for quite a long time, almost ten years, and therefore yearning for a change or is there an economic downturn and increased unemployment which has caused the popularity of the Conservatives to plummet?

Pundits call the ten year mark "past the best before date". Economic conditions don't seem to make any difference since the aspiring Liberals have vowed to bring the country into deficit with increased spending.

I took a poll of my kids and partners votes. They are in their 20's and 30's. Not one of them voted conservative and they all did their own research. It was either green, ndp or liberal. ABC. This may be a good representation of the young population in bc. As well, this is the first time some of them have voted.

I'm stuck behind an 18 wheeler with it's bow in one ditch and it's stern in the other. The super-tower is two hours away.

Good thing I voted in advance.

I voted as strategically as possible, against anyone from getting a majority. I suppose I would accept a Green majority my 1st preference with the rest following from 2nd to last...

A hung parliament, a weak NDP minority, a similarly weak Liberal minority, an even weaker Conservative minority to...having an asteroid fall on Ottawa. I guess if I had my druthers that would be my first preference.

Edited by eyeball