Science is not Truth

Science is not Truth​

By Exegesisme

Science is not truth, and also can not be seen as truth. Science is a good way to look for truth, but itself is not truth. If we believe science is truth, we will stop at where we believe, and with an attitude against all sorts of new knowledge, for they are not science.

We should notice this phenomenon, any existed scientific knowledge is not new, and any new knowledge before scientific prove is not scientifical. Therefore, we should keep this idea, truth is out of our touch, we can only touch the images of truth. Science is the way of approaching truth, but can never achieve the truth. Scientifical knowledge is useful in finite domain, but is not truth.

We can respect science, but we can only worship truth.

Edited by Exegesisme

What the heck are you taking about?

Here there is a little about philosophy of time. From our experience, we can not say truth is in past, or at now, and even in future, for everything in time is imperfect. Truth should be absolute and perfect, so should only be out of time, and human can not know truth directly.

In my view, strictly, science is the fifth way to reason the images of truth. Meditation, aesthetics, faith, and math are ahead of science.

Then your path to the truth is lined with opinion, believing for no good reason and, possibly faulty brain chemistry. I certainly wouldn't rely on any of those for an objective measure of truth, other than math of course.

Time isn't a thing, it's just a way we measure the existence of things

This is about essence of time. Usually, science understands time as a dimension, and this dimension is very abstracted, and can be together with anything, however, as I argued above, time can not be with truth.

I accept the scientific idea of time, and also establish my own idea of time. In my idea of time, time can exist as many dimensions. For example, as the idea of my time, has such many dimensions: my time of meditation, my time of study, my time of action, my time of thinking, my time of speaking, and so on. Each dimension of time means differently. You go through one dimension of time, and can go back in other dimension of time to reexamine it.

Then your path to the truth is lined with opinion, believing for no good reason and, possibly faulty brain chemistry. I certainly wouldn't rely on any of those for an objective measure of truth, other than math of course.

You do not get the idea of my thread. In this topic, everything are faulty except truth. This is the strictest standard for understanding the idea of truth. I use "science is not truth" as headline, aim at stressing the supremacy of truth. Your argument is truth in common faulty understanding.

Understanding science from eye of human geography

By exegesisme

Eye of geography means to see everything in the process of its spatial distribution.

Eye of human geography means ​to see any human activity in the process of spatial distribution of the human activity.

Science is a human activity. From eye of human geography, the process of spatial distribution of science includes such phases:

1, personal inner developing phase, including personal interesting sub-phase, personal meditation sub-phase, personal witness sub-phase, personal hypothesis sub-phase, and personal evidence sub-phase.

2, personal out developing phase, including showing evidence to scientific community sub-phase, scientific community repeating similar evidence sub-phase, other institutional community repeating similar evidence sub-phase, political community repeating similar evidence sub-phase, national society repeating similar evidence sub-phase, international society repeating similar evidence sub-phase.

In my view, strictly, science is the fifth way to reason the images of truth. Meditation, aesthetics, faith, and math are ahead of science.

Honestly at this point I've tried about 6 times to respond to this post. Each time I end up hitting tab, or back, or something...but here goes again.

This tells me that your version of truth is so far removed from the (well) truth that it has no truthiness. I'm not sure why I'm continuing this tbh, other than sheer curiosity.

First:

I think you need to explain what you mean by "Images of truth", in plain english.

Next:

As for your "ways to reason"

Meditation - This can only lead to personal truth. Especially since Science is #5. You have to meditate on actual information to arrive at a truth based in reality.

Aesthetics - Appearance has very little to do with truth, aside from how something appears.

Faith - Again this is a personal truth, with no bearing what-so-ever on reality. Unless you are using it in the context of "I have faith that the sun will rise tomorrow". Is faith in this context that actions continue based on previous actions?

Math - I have two apples, I gain two more apples: It is now truth that I have 4 apples. Using truth in this way counters the other ways I assume that you are using it....

Science - Presumably using the above 4 to come to the truth. Which would put science as the overarching tool for finding truth, with the others feeding into it. So it should be first not last. The above "ways" are always subject to interpretation in the absence of the other 3, especially without an unbiased system to govern them.

There I feel better now.

This tells me that your version of truth is so far removed from the (well) truth that it has no truthiness. I'm not sure why I'm continuing this tbh, other than sheer curiosity.

My vision of truth is perfect, and absolute unknown, so you can not approach it through science directly. All sciences are ways from the very clear known to the very clear unknown, they can not be used to deal with unclear unknown.

First:

I think you need to explain what you mean by "Images of truth", in plain english.

The common scientific results are not perfect, are still far away to the absolute unknown, so only images of truth.

Meditation - This can only lead to personal truth. Especially since Science is #5. You have to meditate on actual information to arrive at a truth based in reality.

Aesthetics - Appearance has very little to do with truth, aside from how something appears.

Faith - Again this is a personal truth, with no bearing what-so-ever on reality. Unless you are using it in the context of "I have faith that the sun will rise tomorrow". Is faith in this context that actions continue based on previous actions?

Math - I have two apples, I gain two more apples: It is now truth that I have 4 apples. Using truth in this way counters the other ways I assume that you are using it....

Science - Presumably using the above 4 to come to the truth. Which would put science as the overarching tool for finding truth, with the others feeding into it. So it should be first not last. The above "ways" are always subject to interpretation in the absence of the other 3, especially without an unbiased system to govern them.

There I feel better now.

Meditation: the only way to approach absolute unknown.

Aesthetics: the way to inspire your passion. What would the result be if you work on science without passion?

Faith: you make all your decisions on your believes, which can only be soundly refined through your life time faith, not just same ideas others told you.

Math: your understanding is math for kid. Do you hear anything about theoretical physics?

Science: with all the preparation above, now science is used to get the unknown images of truth in my definition.

Edited by Exegesisme