How About Merging NDP and Green?

How About Merging NDP and Green?​

By Exegesisme

What does new democracy mean? To my observation, NDP shows nothing new about democracy. NDP needs to make the meaning of its name real to Canadian people. New democracy, should not be just two words in the name of NDP, but means something our Canadian people hope for, our Canadian people want to work for, and so, our Canadian people want to vote for.

The actual meaning of the words new democracy, is something in my mind the people ask for in their future. If it is only something they ask for in their past, such thing certainly is not new. So, new democracy, first should have the ability to predict what Canadian people need in their future. In my knowledge, nothing is more important than environment in human future, so is in past, so is at now, and so is in future. However, only in future, the people realize this more clearly than any other time.

The demand to live in a good environment will become the first desire for all peoples, I believe so do Canadian people, then new democracy and green mean the same, and the two parties share the same value. Therefore, why not they do merge together? After merging, they need a new name, environmental humanism party. A new party represents a new philosophy, leads Canadian people live an environmental humanism life. What's your opinion?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want a Republic check out the US presidential system (no thanks, I`ll take democracy instead any day. Actual democracy that is and we don`t really have that in Canada right now).

Democracy includes the meaning of ignoring minority, do you want to be ignored as you become one of minority?

If you want a Republic check out the US presidential system

To be fair, there are at least 3 other systems to choose from (parliamentary republic, semi presidential republic, and parliamentary presidential republic - plus variations of each).

And now we all watch from a distance....

Maybe you do. I'm going out tomorrow morning about 7:30 to do my bit to select the next Parliament, which will, one way or another, pick the next Government. I personally know the person most likely to be MP, and while I won't vote for him, he's a good man and I'll know he'll speak for my riding. I involve myself in the political process between elections, as well.

Maybe you do. I'm going out tomorrow morning about 7:30 to do my bit to select the next Parliament, which will, one way or another, pick the next Government. I personally know the person most likely to be MP, and while I won't vote for him, he's a good man and I'll know he'll speak for my riding. I involve myself in the political process between elections, as well.

And now we all watch from a distance....

It's also worth noting that...it's kind of how representative democracy is supposed to work. We pick people to represent us and our interests. We don't always get our way, but that's the way things worth. It's also worth noting that we are free to engage when we want.

Edited by Smallc

It's also worth noting that...it's kind of how representative democracy is supposed to work. We pick people to represent us and our interests. We don't always get our way, but that's the way things worth. It's also worth noting that we are free to engage when we want.

We got a government most people didn't want. A government that didn't even bother to try representing most of the people. You can believe that old "you get out of it what you put into it" crap but the reality speaks for itself.

We got a government most people didn't want. A government that didn't even bother to try representing most of the people. You can believe that old "you get out of it what you put into it" crap but the reality speaks for itself.

In a democracy, as in all other aspects of life, you're not going to get everything you want. If that's your expectation, then there isn't a political system that will ever deliver you that expectation.

And frankly, even for the Tories, the management end of things wasn't that bad. It was just that under Harper they became such insufferable arrogant jerks. Their time has come and gone, and hopefully, if the Liberals don't win a majority, we may at least have an electoral system that better reflects the public will. But even with a new system, compromises will happen, and we will all find ourselves feeling abandoned on one issue or another.