No Challenge to the Leadership of USA Globally

No Challenge to the Leadership of USA Globally​

By Exegesisme

By tracing political culture of USA, I get a feeling that there is not real challenge to the Leadership of USA globally. The leadership of USA globally is trained in their inner political campaign and the political culture formed in their inner political campaign. No any other nation has so strong and peaceful campaign than USA. The people are educated how to lead in every area with the political culture formed in the campaign, no any other people has a chance to play a leadership higher than the people of USA can play.

Although there are many challenges in practical benefits, all these challenges are not any importance of replacing the position of USA globally, and are only important to promote USA to improve its global leadership. In other words, there is no challenge prepared itself well enough to replace the position of USA with global progress.

Edited by Exegesisme

Does one really need a specific 'strategy' for living beside a powerful country that is separate from their 'strategy' to making a living in the contemporary economy that necessarily includes that country ?

In simpler terms: do I really need a 'strategy' for living beside the USA, or is it my strategy for making money in an economy in which they dominate ? It seems self-important to me to have a personal strategy for dealing with a superpower over which I have zero influence.

Does one really need a specific 'strategy' for living beside a powerful country that is separate from their 'strategy' to making a living in the contemporary economy that necessarily includes that country ?

In simpler terms: do I really need a 'strategy' for living beside the USA, or is it my strategy for making money in an economy in which they dominate ? It seems self-important to me to have a personal strategy for dealing with a superpower over which I have zero influence.

My strategy is to follow their election, study their political culture, look for what our Canadians can learn from them, and If possible, try to improve.

Improve what? The US has 330 million people, Canada only has 35 million people. We'll never be able to have their economic or military power any time soon. We're both still very good neighbours for each other and mutually benefit.

Quality is more important than quantity. A good leadership is more than many people. A real scientific discovery is more than many existing knowledge. Even economy, I believe a small quality economy is more than a large quantity economy.

My strategy is to follow their election, study their political culture, look for what our Canadians can learn from them, and If possible, try to improve.

I don't know if that approach can be characterized as a 'strategy' as much as an approach. Basically, you're saying "learn from your situation". Ok.

Quality is more important than quantity. A good leadership is more than many people. A real scientific discovery is more than many existing knowledge. Even economy, I believe a small quality economy is more than a large quantity economy.

I agree, but in terms of this thread, if Canada wants to challenge the global leadership of the USA it needs to have similar or more power than the USA, and this will never happen if Canada has a relatively small population. Global power, at least economically (and you can't have a strong military without a strong economy to fund it) means quantity over quality. For example, most people in China are quite poor economically (low quality), but since China has 1.3 billion people their quantity is high and therefore China adds up to being very powerful economically in the world and are approaching the USA in global economic power. If China had only 35 million people like Canada it would be very poor in quality and quantity and therefore China would have very little power globally.

Canada could have the highest quality jet fighters, tanks, and other military infrastructure in the world but if they have a small quantity of them it wouldn't make a big impact.

I don't know if that approach can be characterized as a 'strategy' as much as an approach. Basically, you're saying "learn from your situation". Ok.

The first step of the strategy is to approach and learn.

The second is to improve for both them and us.

The third is to go foreword.

Edited by Exegesisme

I agree, but in terms of this thread,

---SNIP---

Not challenge, but realize and admit this actuality, and learn from them at where we can. Historically, all great power are grew from small with an excellent core. So we only need to worry whether our core is excellent enough or not. What we do is just design an excellent core for our offspring, just as USA designed its constitution more than 200 years ago.

Edited by Charles Anthony
[---SNIP---]

No Challenge to the Leadership of USA Globally​

By Exegesisme

By tracing political culture of USA, I get a feeling that there is not real challenge to the Leadership of USA globally. The leadership of USA globally is trained in their inner political campaign and the political culture formed in their inner political campaign. No any other nation has so strong and peaceful campaign than USA. The people are educated how to lead in every area with the political culture formed in the campaign, no any other people has a chance to play a leadership higher than the people of USA can play.

Although there are many challenges in practical benefits, all these challenges are not any importance of replacing the position of USA globally, and are only important to promote USA to improve its global leadership. In other words, there is no challenge prepared itself well enough to replace the position of USA with global progress.

I'm a big fan of the USA, but this entire premise is wrong, that is if I understand it correctly.

I'm not 100% sure what this even means:

The leadership of USA globally is trained in their inner political campaign and the political culture formed in their inner political campaign. No any other nation has so strong and peaceful campaign than USA.

I'm just going to go ahead and assume it means that the US leads the world in trade, power, and influence and that they use it for peaceful means. Or something like that. This used to be the case, and their leadership was unchallenged. But as a people they have lost what made them great. The American way and their constitution has been watered down through their justice system, illegal immigration, the destruction of the family unit and the education system. Now increasingly Americans view their government as a sugar daddy that hands out whatever they need. A people that used to be ashamed of welfare now clamours for every program under the sun. This has lead to such things as the mortgage crisis and the banks and corporations being bailed out. The financial ramifications of this alone has seen their national death increase 4 or 5 times larger in Obama's two terms. If interest rates were to rise to 4 or 5%, their economy would fall like a chain sawed tree. It's only stable now because their federal government pours billions into it every month.

Because of this their influence has been on the wane for many years. China will soon overtake them in terms of the size of their economy and holds enough of their debt to exert influence on them. They commit cyber crimes on large US companies quite often, stealing valuable technology and such while Obama shrugs his shoulders. America used to be respected, if hated. Now they are just hated by much of the world.

I'm a big fan of the USA, but this entire premise is wrong, that is if I understand it correctly.

I'm not 100% sure what this even means:

The leadership of USA globally is trained in their inner political campaign and the political culture formed in their inner political campaign. No any other nation has so strong and peaceful campaign than USA.

I'm just going to go ahead and assume it means that the US leads the world in trade, power, and influence and that they use it for peaceful means. Or something like that. This used to be the case, and their leadership was unchallenged. But as a people they have lost what made them great. The American way and their constitution has been watered down through their justice system, illegal immigration, the destruction of the family unit and the education system. Now increasingly Americans view their government as a sugar daddy that hands out whatever they need. A people that used to be ashamed of welfare now clamours for every program under the sun. This has lead to such things as the mortgage crisis and the banks and corporations being bailed out. The financial ramifications of this alone has seen their national death increase 4 or 5 times larger in Obama's two terms. If interest rates were to rise to 4 or 5%, their economy would fall like a chain sawed tree. It's only stable now because their federal government pours billions into it every month.

Because of this their influence has been on the wane for many years. China will soon overtake them in terms of the size of their economy and holds enough of their debt to exert influence on them. They commit cyber crimes on large US companies quite often, stealing valuable technology and such while Obama shrugs his shoulders. America used to be respected, if hated. Now they are just hated by much of the world.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Your concern of USA is valuable but the conclusion is too pessimistic. Some of their huge problems are also our Canadian's and in the deep of western civilization. Your estimation about China is too optimistic. The issues of China are deep in their long tradition and mixed with the evil of communism, so much harder than issues of USA and western civilization, but three enemies are the same, Marxism, Fascism, and their common source Kantian philosophy. My effort is trying to cover all of them.

Edited by Exegesisme

....Because of this their influence has been on the wane for many years. China will soon overtake them in terms of the size of their economy and holds enough of their debt to exert influence on them. They commit cyber crimes on large US companies quite often, stealing valuable technology and such while Obama shrugs his shoulders. America used to be respected, if hated. Now they are just hated by much of the world.

This is an interesting perspective coming from a Canada that long ago resigned itself to massive influence by another country....the United States. It is odd that the United States would be held to a different standard or expectation. The "hated" U.S. still attracts more legal and illegal immigrants than any other nation in the world.

This is an interesting perspective coming from a Canada that long ago resigned itself to massive influence by another country....the United States. It is odd that the United States would be held to a different standard or expectation. The "hated" U.S. still attracts more legal and illegal immigrants than any other nation in the world.

And what makes you think we were so massively influenced? It certainly wasn't our choice of government systems.

The difference has always been that the US uses it's powers for good and China, not so much.

The difference has always been that the US uses it's powers for good and China, not so much.

But that's not true....the United States uses it's "powers" for nation state interest(s), not good (or evil). China is still learning its way with increased economic and military power, copying many moves from the USA's playbook.