The call girl is barely related to the issue at hand. One can conclude that mentioning her at all was nothing more than a shameless excuse to include racy pictures taken from her web profile in the article. A shameless attempt to exploit the young woman in an attempt to generate page views.

I think it matters that these people were being hosted by a former U.S. convict who pimped girls out.

Carson's think-tank also hosted a number of other conferences featuring Harper government officials and ministers.

Several of these events, such as a 2010 three-day Banff meeting with Prentice, were hosted by Barbara Lynn Khan, a former prostitute from North Carolina.

After being convicted of running a bawdy house ("the Sugar Shack") and money laundering in the United States, Khan, a 45-year-old native of Ontario, was deported to Canada in 2005. She met Carson in Ottawa in 2006. Banff attendees simply knew the well-dressed and elegant woman as "Kat."

Shortly afterwards, Carson's relationship with Barbara Lynn Khan ended. He then hooked up with McPherson.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I started monitoring this forum 101 days ago, I was inclined to support Stephen Harper for another term in office. But since then I have come to read this article here which gave me 70 good reasons not to vote for Harper, and if you are a parent, I suggest you read it thoroughly: http://www.alternet.org/world/whats-his-problem-70-ways-canadas-prime-minister-has-assaulted-democracy-and-law

There is yet another reason that Anthony and Michael gave me that reinforced the other 70 reason. I will explain that reason fully on the 15th when I publish my article relative to media and social network manipulation. You can look for my article after the 15th that wlil be entitled "Canada's Political Propaganda And Media Manipulation"

Btw... if you agree or disagree with the above article, I hope you will say why so we can debate the issue openly.

Screen Shot No. 34

I think the article is very well-written but I would not even need half of those reasons not to vote for a candidate - no matter who it is. The longer someone stays in office the bolder they get with their powers. I am not against Harper per se, but I think it is time to give others a chance to shine.

Harper has been the most secretive PM in Canadian history and has an atrocious record on torture and human rights. He even went so far as to allow a fake extradition of an American whistle blower just to kill a major scandal that was about to unfold.

Here are two disturbing links that reflect Harper's lack of ethics and compassion:

http://www.worldlawdirect.com/forum/international-law-news/89557-iraqi-children-denied-human-rights-pm-stephen-harper-who-blocked-organ-transplants.html

http://www.opnlttr.com/letter/pm-stephen-harper-violated-law-human-rights-treaty-8-times-fake-extradition-bruce-gorcyca

Pledges made before elections are important. I would like to see PM Harper swear to us all that he will never ever again allow any Canadian even to be linked with any operation that involves the torture of a human being - any human being, from any country. This must never happen again http://www.opnlttr.com/letter/pm-stephen-harper-inhumane-falsely-extradited-torture-victim-whistle-blower-gorcyca

Edited by Gleason

Pledges made before elections are important. I would like to see PM Harper swear to us all that he will never ever again allow any Canadian even to be linked with any operation that involves the torture of a human being - any human being, from any country. This must never happen again http://www.opnlttr.com/letter/pm-stephen-harper-inhumane-falsely-extradited-torture-victim-whistle-blower-gorcyca

Charge him with war crimes! ;)

Oh what about pledges to remove the GST before elections? ;)

Edited by angrypenguin

Harper's not going to make that commitment. He's passing and proposing laws that will make it easier for them to strip Canadian born citizens of their citizenship and send them to countries that will torture them. Why would he take a stand against torture when that's clearly not his position?

Harper's not going to make that commitment. He's passing and proposing laws that will make it easier for them to strip Canadian born citizens of their citizenship and send them to countries that will torture them. Why would he take a stand against torture when that's clearly not his position?

Ha! What if one gets deported to Switzerland or the US? Not all deportations are to hostile countries

AngryP I thought Harper would lose this election given the Duffy idiocy but I am very glad to see the trend has blown the other way. It appears at this point the NDP popped their balloon on the niqab/nijab issue and I think Trudeau's feel good spend our way out of our blues problems is not resonating. Telling Canadians worried about their future too give Justin their credit card to spend wildly with is a ridiculous way to try get votes.

I don't think Canadians believe they can spend their way out of world economic issues. Last thing I need is that hysterical twit Mr. Justin Trudea taking my credit card and running nuts in a shopping centre.

I believe Justin Trudeau is a spoiled child with the concept of self entitlement who really believes the solution to problems is spending money. After all he has never had a real job where he can barely earn it. Look at him. He inherited a trust account and toyed at being a drama teacher and this is someone who thinks he can lecture working stiffs about being middle class-him? He is as middle class as Paris Hilton. Precisely because he is a silver spoon he really believes the state is his Daddy and will simply dole out the money to him.

Mulcair is what he is. An angry, thin skinned, resentful man whose grimace barely masks his anger, rage, envy of anyone or anything he thinks he can't be.

So I am voting for the steady as she goes, bland, boring Harper. Yes I am disgusted with Duffy, some of the mistakes Harper has made, his closed entourage in the PMO office, but for me he is by far the lesser of the 3 evils, the best and most realistic economically and I totally 100% support his comments on Canada, immigration, foreign policy. I just would like to abolish the Senate today, now as we speak.

I do not think Harper is a racist at all. In fact as the son of immigrants and refugees I totally agree with his comments about putting Canada first and his principled stand against terrorism. He understands us-Trudeau and Mulcair do not. We do not as immigrants and refugees come here to demand anything-we come here to participate and be a part of and build Canada, not break it down with displays of to hell with everyone else behaviour.

You want to cover your face do it in your place of worship or at home. I will respect you in both places. Want to be a Muslim or cover your head, not the issue- same way I don't go around telling Amish or ultra orthodox Jews or Nuns or certain Christian clergy or Siekhs what to wear. Then again none of those people cover their face. I may not agree with their religious views, but they don't demand they hide their face. To me that is not a religious issue, its a cultural choice that defines the body as sex provoking.

I respect any one who wears their garb. Cover your face whoever you are, particularly at a ceremony to promote equality by imposing your lack of beliefs of equality-I say get the hell out. Same reason I would say it to a KKK member or a Satanist wearing a hood or some other person claiming its their right. No its not. This self entitlement-this demand to get what you want whenever you want it, its coming to an end. Limits are coming.

This notion you come to a country and pick and choose its best parts and ignore the rest is not how we build a nation. Take your selfish what's in it for me attitude, and go to a country where such beliefs inspire dettached ghettos and continuous tribal war. Don't bring that crap here because the silent majority will speak in this election and say no, no more, enough.

Edited by Rue

Moderators please delete topic as it's simply more obnoxious spamming of the same post you already merged with another I HATE HARPER topic. No intelligent conversation is going to result from it.

There are too many of these dumb topicless topics cluttering up federal politics. Many of them should simply be deleted or merged.

Edited by Argus

It is just the HDS at its worst. I don't want anybody leading this country that feels sorry for terrorists bent on killing. You want to be the evil terrorist, well be ready to pay the consequences.

I don't want anybody leading this country that feels sorry for terrorists bent on killing

You misstate the position. It's not a matter of 'feeling sorry for terrorists bent on killing", it's more that the "Islamic" threat is vastly overstated, and that Harper/Conservatives are running with it to change laws and gain votes. It's unethical.

The other day, some Conservative supporter claimed that it was proven Belgium would be 'overrun' by Muslims by 2030, and that Sharia law would be in effect. Ten minutes of looking revealed that:

1. Europe's entire population is about 6% Muslim, including Belgium

2. By 2030, it would be 8%

3. Half or less of Muslims support Sharia law as a 'governing' system, although many of them support it in terms of their personal life

4. Of those that support Sharia law, they do not universally support the more extreme versions of it - stonings, beheadings and the like.

5. Most Muslims could care less what their neighbor believes, and have no interest in imposing their beliefs on anyone else; they will, however, explain their belief to those that are interested and accept those that voluntarily convert.

6. Even if each and very Muslim in that projected 8% were bound and determined to convert the rest of the population, it is ludicrous to think they'd actually succeed.

Anyway, seems like every second Conservative has this completely wigged out notion that we're on the verge of being subjugated by an Islamic horde. It's ridiculous.

It is true that ISIS is not a nice group (nor is Al-Queda, or Boko Haram), and it's also true that they've already been in existence for years, yet -- look, we're still standing. It's been 14 years since 9/11 - does the States look any more Islamic than it did prior to those attacks?

I agree that we should support the countries who are being directly threatened by these groups. Directly threatened means facing an army of thousands. It does not mean a few drug-addled/mentally ill people who attempt some mayhem and are labelled 'terrorists' because they dressed a certain way or repeated a few key words.

I believe that anyone who commits a crime on Canadian soil (murder, rape or terror, along with burlgary and drunk driving) should face the full force of the law. I don't think that extra laws need to be made for things that are already illegal.

Oh, and not wanting "extra" laws does not automatically translate into "not wanting any laws", so try not to go there.

Edited by dialamah

Harper's latest idiotic statement

pot is 'infinitely worse' than tobacco.

Each year, about 37,000 Canadians die as a result of smoking tobacco. Tobacco use costs the health care system an estimated $4.4 billion.

The Canadian Cancer Society says that tobacco smoke contains more than 4,000 chemicals, with more than 70 per cent of those chemicals being carcinogens. Among the four leading causes of death in Canada — cancer, heart disease, stroke and lung disease — smoking tobacco is a main risk factor.

The society says that smoking tobacco is estimated to be responsible for almost one-third of all cancer deaths, and 85 per cent of all lung cancer cases.

I can understand why Argus would like this thread killed. Harper adds to embarrassing tally of disgraceful statements and actions daily. It can't be easy to be reminded that the guy you're going to vote for is really this bad.

You know, when the Liberal Party was voted out, it was the Liberal majority that said, u may have done wrong and we can't vote for u but it seems when the Tories have done wrong, their supporters don't really care , just as long as THEIR guy gets in and that is very wrong for the country and if this continues Canada will only have a corrupt country more than it is now. So, the only way for this PM to go is for voters who have never voted before to vote and I hope the young voters do because their future does depend on it. All this money Harper is promising for the dairy farmers and the auto sector, ask the fishermen from NFLD about Harper's promises... and were is he going to get the money for all these promises when he had to rob the emergency fund for the income splitting.

The Conservatives are so afraid of what their candidates will say that many of them have been skipping all of the candidate debates. Someone has created a twitter account called teddy bear proxy to provide a stand in for them. Just another example of Harper's disdain for his subjects.