3 hours ago, PIK said:

Then why do women dress as sex objects?? Maybe women like sex to?

This may come as a shock to you, but most women do not dress just to please men. 

Yes, some may do that on a daily basis (maybe they have an addiction to male attention?  Low self-esteem?  I don't know....), and occasionally I like to dress up and I love it when my man thinks I look nice, even sexy sometimes.   

Edit to add:  I'm sure, from your posts here that you are not one of those men who think women dress exclusively to be seen as a sex object.  :)

Edited by Goddess

On 06/12/2017 at 1:30 PM, PIK said:

Then why do women dress as sex objects??

They don't.

Women may dress sexy.

But they do not dress to present themselves as objects for sex

except sex by consent with whom they choose, when they choose and how they choose.

Men who consider women sex objects because of the way they are dressed ... have a serious problem.

The hijab is the result of men placing the blame of being sexually assaulted and/or raped on the woman for not dressing "modestly".

This psychosis regarding "modesty" is related to the Virgin Mary (which is a characterization of the planet Venus) whereupon she/it represents purity and is devoid of all defilement.

In the dark ages (circa 6th century), particularly in Arabia, women either:
1. Were married into wealthy families
2. Thrown into the sex trade
3. Buried alive

Women were used as a means to display a man's personal wealth and ability to "take care" of multiple women. As such, women were essentially status symbols, akin to rings on a finger. As such, the prophet of Islam (Muhammad) had many wives and many sex slaves, because conquest and women usually go together.

Unfortunately, over time the men have been brainwashing women that the hijab is a symbol of modesty; it is actually a response to men's inability to control their sexual desires, therefor women were forced to bear the burden of adopting the hijab in order to resist this.

It is a symbol of the oppression of women at the hands of sick men. Unfortunately, women are not aware of this. This theme of men placing the blame on everything but themselves is rampant in Islam, and women suffer as a result. Another example is "Islamophobia"; Muslims themselves can not stand criticism of their religion, so as a result they invent such terms so they don't have to face the criticism.

This ideology is extremely sick and depraved.

On 12/6/2017 at 4:39 PM, Goddess said:

This may come as a shock to you, but most women do not dress just to please men. 

Yes, some may do that on a daily basis (maybe they have an addiction to male attention?  Low self-esteem?  I don't know....), and occasionally I like to dress up and I love it when my man thinks I look nice, even sexy sometimes.   

Edit to add:  I'm sure, from your posts here that you are not one of those men who think women dress exclusively to be seen as a sex object.  :)

Some do and many for that reason. Women like to be noticed, nothing wrong with that. But I think it is getting out of hand ,with almost nudity you see on the streets now. Maybe people need to take a biology class or something to relearn the birds and the bees. :)

8 hours ago, jacee said:

They don't.

Women may dress sexy.

But they do not dress to present themselves as objects for sex

except sex by consent with whom they choose, when they choose and how they choose.

Men who consider women sex objects because of the way they are dressed ... have a serious problem.

It must be hard to work your mind through the intricate justification of the above. Women dress to look sexy but not to be objects for sex. Yet women ARE objects of sex and desire. Our culture has decreed this and every aspect of how women dress is based upon enhancing their sexuality. Or do you presume that when a woman wears a short skirt, five inch heels and a tight top with cleavage the only person that is going to notice or look or be at all affected will be the one(s) she wants?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 9-18-1 said:

The hijab is the result of men placing the blame of being sexually assaulted and/or raped on the woman for not dressing "modestly".

No, for not behaving modestly. It is the lack of trust in their women which lead Muslims to cover them so. They hope that in doing this no man will be tempted, and thus the woman will not be 'seduced' by them. To me this betrays a lack of confidence in their own ability to hold onto a woman, more than anything else.

• 1 month later...
On 14/12/2017 at 7:36 AM, 9-18-1 said:

This psychosis regarding "modesty" is related to the Virgin Mary (which is a characterization of the planet Venus) whereupon she/it represents purity and is devoid of all defilement.

In the dark ages (circa 6th century), particularly in Arabia, women either:
1. Were married into wealthy families
2. Thrown into the sex trade
3. Buried alive

Women were used as a means to display a man's personal wealth and ability to "take care" of multiple women. As such, women were essentially status symbols, akin to rings on a finger. As such, the prophet of Islam (Muhammad) had many wives and many sex slaves, because conquest and women usually go together.

Unfortunately, over time the men have been brainwashing women that the hijab is a symbol of modesty; it is actually a response to men's inability to control their sexual desires, therefor women were forced to bear the burden of adopting the hijab in order to resist this.

It is a symbol of the oppression of women at the hands of sick men. Unfortunately, women are not aware of this. This theme of men placing the blame on everything but themselves is rampant in Islam, and women suffer as a result. Another example is "Islamophobia"; Muslims themselves can not stand criticism of their religion, so as a result they invent such terms so they don't have to face the criticism.

This ideology is extremely sick and depraved.

The hijab is a head scarf.

Like this:

article-2321472-19AEF94F000005DC-126_308

Of course the Queen is a desirable woman whose husband makes her hide herself ... right?

And elderly Catholic women used to always wear veils to church to cover their faces ... so the priest doesn't get randy on them I guess.

In other churches, hats with sexy veils betrayed 'fallen women' dressed too sexy for church. 

Brides still 'lift the veil' to present themselves to their husbands ... for sex.

If a woman covers herself from head to foot, men will be leering at any glimpse of exposed skin or stocking.

Women wear what women want to wear.

Nobody's business.

Edited by jacee

On 14/12/2017 at 1:27 PM, Argus said:

No, for not behaving modestly. It is the lack of trust in their women which lead Muslims to cover them so. They hope that in doing this no man will be tempted, and thus the woman will not be 'seduced' by them. To me this betrays a lack of confidence in their own ability to hold onto a woman, more than anything else.

I guess that's why some controlling men get abusive about what 'their' woman wears ... in every culture.

On 09/10/2015 at 7:33 PM, Keepitsimple said:

Forgive the non-mainstream source but there are plenty of corroborating articles out there - but this one seemed to sum things up quite nicely. The "fear mongering" that the Harper government is accused of is hardly that - and if the media would take the time to educate Canadians, we'd all be better for it......knowledge does tend to temper the divisiveness that the opposition parties would like to propagate....

Link: http://www.therebel.media/canada_s_proposed_niqab_restrictions_mild_compared

To respond to the OP ...

Any OP that quotes something that says "...creeping sharia ..." isn't worth responding to.

In Canada, women can cover their faces if they choose, for whatever reason they choose.

The only people who object to women's free choices  are controlling chauvinist pigs. 

1 hour ago, jacee said:

The hijab is a head scarf.

Like this:

article-2321472-19AEF94F000005DC-126_308

Of course the Queen is a desirable woman whose husband makes her hide herself ... right?

And elderly Catholic women used to always wear veils to church to cover their faces ... so the priest doesn't get randy on them I guess.

In other churches, hats with sexy veils betrayed 'fallen women' dressed too sexy for church. 

Brides still 'lift the veil' to present themselves to their husbands ... for sex.

If a woman covers herself from head to foot, men will be leering at any glimpse of exposed skin or stocking.

Women wear what women want to wear.

Nobody's business.

As I'm sure you're aware, the Queen does not wear a headscarf to express her submission to the male gender, nor does she wear it because ISIS demands it of all women.  She is also permitted to leave the palace without it on.  So in this case, yes.  She is wearing it as her choice.

The hijab is not "just a headscarf".

Edited by Goddess

23 minutes ago, Goddess said:

As I'm sure you're aware, the Queen does not wear a headscarf to express her submission to the male gender, nor does she wear it because ISIS demands it of all women.  She is also permitted to leave the palace without it on.  So in this case, yes.  She is wearing it as her choice.

The hijab is not "just a headscarf".

There is no reason to judge a hijab as anything but a headscarf that women choose to wear for their own reasons.

Nobody's business.

5 minutes ago, jacee said:

There is no reason to judge a hijab as anything but a headscarf that women choose to wear for their own reasons.

But let's not try to fool ourselves or anybody else that the Queen choosing to wear a headscarf on a windy day is anything like the "choice" Muslim women face.  It's not even close.

A headscarf is a choice.  A hijab is not.

Edited by Goddess

30 minutes ago, jacee said:

Of course! And if someone chooses to wear a pointy white hood that doesn't say anything at all about his opinions, views or values! :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, jacee said:

Nobody's business.

Tell that to the Iranian women who are fighting for their right to free choice right now. They are being arrested for not wearing their head coverings. Their men are forcing them to wear it, and many are being forced to wear it here in Canada too. The issue is more complex than you are admitting to.

6 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Tell that to the Iranian women who are fighting for their right to free choice right now. They are being arrested for not wearing their head coverings. Their men are forcing them to wear it, and many are being forced to wear it here in Canada too. The issue is more complex than you are admitting to.

Actually according to a number of surveys of Muslim women in Canada, they wear what they wear out of choice, not because they are forced. 

Muslim women in Canada say they choose to wear the niqab out of religious obligation and as an expression of their identity, but are flexible about uncovering their faces in specific circumstances, a recent survey found.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/03/13/muslim-women-in-canada-explain-why-they-wear-a-niqab.html

46 minutes ago, Omni said:

Actually according to a number of surveys of Muslim women in Canada, they wear what they wear out of choice, not because they are forced. 

Muslim women in Canada say they choose to wear the niqab out of religious obligation and as an expression of their identity, but are flexible about uncovering their faces in specific circumstances, a recent survey found.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/03/13/muslim-women-in-canada-explain-why-they-wear-a-niqab.html

I wonder why so many of them are fighting in the courts to not be flexible and show their face when required?

Just now, eyeball said:

In every single case?  You're making this sound like some immutable physical law of nature when it simply isn't.

No.  I just believe it's far less a matter of "choice" than it's purported to be.  Sort of like when a mugger says "Gimme all your money or I'll kill you."  there's really only one "choice" to make.