What are Canada's goals for 2016 and beyond

nerve

What does Canada need in the years to come?

I understand an election is ongoing but perhaps we could highlight on what Canada needs.

Eg. we can look at social

Where is healthcare in Canada headed?

Does Canada need a military? Will it have an airforce, what will it look like? Can Canada continue to get involved in internal affairs of third world countries for the purpose of regime change, i.e. overthrow third world governments? Where will the money come from to ruin foreign peoples ways of life?

Can it maintain the needs of pensioners with more and more people going into retirement?

What industries will survive?

If oil tanks ongoing as some predict, what will Alberta and Newfoundland do to make money?

Are prices going to keep going up on everyday goods? Some countries even subsidies food such as bread so the poor do not starve.

What does Canada look like next year, 5 years from now, 10 years from now?

IMO whether someone wears a scarf or not is not really what we should be focusing on. Who cares, its a bloody scarf, it won't protect them from the bomb. Lets use this thread to raise the real issues facing Canada. Use fingerprints then if you want to identify people, the technology exists.

Edited by nerve

What does Canada look like next year, 5 years from now, 10 years from now?

Yes... apparently the leadership to address those has not emerged.

And a good portion of the public..... just like a good portion of those browsing these forums..... all believe that if only I had one more dollar in my pocket, all will be well.... while, of course, the world crumbles around them.

There are lots of answers out there to your questions.. One that I kind of lean toward is this one: http://www.amazon.ca/Leverage-Cheap-Money-Destroy-World/dp/1118122844

.... but we do not have the political will to change directions. Maybe the end result of our current path is not yet sufficiently evident, but when it DOES become evident, will it be too late to do anything about it?

The years to come...

The NDP and Greens put forth support for a national drug coverage program. Billions could be saved by purchasing pharmaceuticals in bulk. I am sure some of you would be against it and would be interested in why you would not support a national drug coverage program.

The years to come...

The NDP and Greens put forth support for a national drug coverage program. Billions could be saved by purchasing pharmaceuticals in bulk. I am sure some of you would be against it and would be interested in why you would not support a national drug coverage program.

Yes I think this is a good plan, but they should be buying patents if they are cheaper and making their own then buying goods, or making their own generics, first. There are enough unemployed people that you could set up crown corps to make generic drugs for less than the cost of buying them.

Then there is the getting rid of provnicial health care and just putting it under a fully integrated health system for all Canada to streamline it and remove administration and "barriers" to healthcare for Canadians.

Canadians should be able to get healthcare or have a court order for medical care to be provided for a federal error etc... anywhere in canada, leaving healthcare to the provinces creates way to many problems, as well as gaps in care.

There needs to be a national health plan - to replace provincial health insurance programs, and private insurers should be able to offer their services in competition to the federal plan. Need to stop blanket taxing for healthcare and start letting people buy their coverage based on their quality of health, while still providing bare bones coverage for the poor. That is people who live high claims lifestyles should pay more, and those who live healthy lifestyles with low claims demographics should pay less. Its costing way to much. We need more technology and less high paid union staff and salary earners being over taxed, the whole system just isn't financially efficient. It is great to have people trained for this and there will likely always be a demand but shift this to the private purse and not the bottomless public finance pit that is government cause all they do is take others people money and spend it on what they want with no real recognition they are theives and extortionists.

Edited by nerve