Why no women candidates for PM? Quite a few seem qualified.

Go.Leafs

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a bit curious we do not see more women in leadership roles in Canada. Beverly McLachlin

Is the Chief Justice of Canada, and First Deputy to the Governor General of Canada. Pretty big leadership role. The Canadian Head of State, QEII, is also female, I believe.

Oh, so on the other post where you said you are thinking about voting for him, you were just spouting bs, or is this the bs?

I think, on balance, the Liberals have the best plan for Canada from what they've presented. I think, on balance, their leader...well, see above. I think I'd like Trudeau and Mulcair to switch places. I really considered voting NDP (and I'm still considering it) because of Mulcair. I'm considering voting Liberal in spite of Trudeau.

I think, on balance, the Liberals have the best plan for Canada from what they've presented. I think, on balance, their leader...well, see above. I think I'd like Trudeau and Mulcair to switch places. I really considered voting NDP (and I'm still considering it) because of Mulcair. I'm considering voting Liberal in spite of Trudeau.

Mulcair is clearly the most competent leader, but leads an unappealing party.

I am a bit curious we do not see more women in leadership roles in Canada. Beverly McLachlin, Olivia Chow, Eve Adams, Carolyn Parrish and others are young, bright, and known to be resourceful, creative, and objective. Is there a reason there seems to be a gender barrier to the Canadian throne?

I have no doubt there are qualified women out there that would do a great job in the leadership role,but certainly not any of the one's you have listed.

The Conservatives have had a female leader as have the NDP.No female Liberal leader yet.

Justin Trudeau is just a figurehead for the Liberal Party,the real leader is Gerald Butts.I have no doubt he fully supports the recent Leap Manifesto too.