Not Yet

Canada's christians are not full time Christians. They pretend to be Christians every week when they attend Church service and recite prayers but come Monday they do not live very Chritian like lives. It seems we let our government get away with way too much unethical conduct overseas that is really unChristian like. Ususally Ottawa does whatever Washington dictates with little regards for the blowback to Canada and makes every Canadian Christian look like a hypocrit. The Arar and Khadr cases are just two typical examples,but Immigration policy in general seems anti-christian to me.

Edited by Not Yet

Being a Christian doesn't mean one is perfect. Sins are confessed to be forgiven before communion each week. Humans are not free from sin. Only God is without sin.

Having faith is a life long journey. One filled with many tests on one's faith. Over and over again God will test a Christian. This is to ensure a strong faith will develop.

Read your Bible. Get a Catechism and use it to help you understand the Bible. Don't worry about the actions of others. Be happy that you have found Jesus and wish others the hope of finding the same joy one day.

God speaks to all of us. You can hear him if you listen really hard. He hears your prayers. Talk to God directly. He's always listening. Pray honestly with an open heart. He loves you.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought only the Catholics confess their sins?? So, IF that is true, when does the rest confess? If one knows the 10 Commandants, I think every leader has broken them, like "thou shalt not kill" .

There's books and books written. In short, some protestant denominations believe that you are a sinner and your salvation is predestined or that you are a sinner and you gain salvation through good works. Catholics believe you must confess your sins and they are absolved. For the others, sins are never absolved, but part of our alienation from God. The best we can do is hope we are predestined for salvation or just try to be the best we can be and earn salvation.

A few years ago, there was a cold snap in Vancouver. On the news, I saw a woman handing out hot soup and coffee from the back of her old station wagon in the down town east side. One of the homeless fellows had no coat, so she gave him hers. She was a real Christian.

Why do you assume she was Christian.

Canada's christians are not full time Christians. They pretend to be Christians every week when they attend Church service and recite prayers but come Monday they do not live very Chritian like lives. It seems we let our government get away with way too much unethical conduct overseas that is really unChristian like. Ususally Ottawa does whatever Washington dictates with little regards for the blowback to Canada and makes every Canadian Christian look like a hypocrit. The Arar and Khadr cases are just two typical examples,but Immigration policy in general seems anti-christian to me.

Personally I find the whole weekly ritual of consuming our gods body and blood very disturbing. It's much too cannibalistic for my taste.

So don't do it then. You do have that choice. In an Islamic caliphate you would have no such choice. You'd be a Muslim or you'd be dead. Enjoy that freedom while it lasts.

I didn't realize immigration policy was supposed to be pro Christian? What about pro atheist?

Personally I'd rather stimulate our own population production. At least we could say something is made in Canada in comparison to nothing being made in Canada.

So don't do it then. You do have that choice. In an Islamic caliphate you would have no such choice. You'd be a Muslim or you'd be dead. Enjoy that freedom while it lasts.

I am, thanks.

Now that I think about it. It really makes sense Christians are a pure consumer culture. We have been participating in brainwashing ritual consuming of our God every week for the last 2000 years. It's all very logical.

Edited by Freddy

Canada's christians are not full time Christians. They pretend to be Christians every week when they attend Church service and recite prayers but come Monday they do not live very Chritian like lives.

If they believe in God and Jesus, then they're a Christian. They aren't pretending. How they interpret the bible and how they should act based on it is a different question.

It seems we let our government get away with way too much unethical conduct overseas that is really unChristian like. Ususally Ottawa does whatever Washington dictates with little regards for the blowback to Canada and makes every Canadian Christian look like a hypocrit. The Arar and Khadr cases are just two typical examples,but Immigration policy in general seems anti-christian to me.

Christians have been hypocrites for thousands of years. But we shouldn't hold our government to religious standards. Those are way too ambiguous with so many translations of scriptures that their meaning becomes useless. We should hold our government up to better standards than religious ones.

Christianity can interpret the Bible in different ways. Muslims are not permitted to do this with the Koran. No interpretation. It means exactly what it says. Even the most offensive passages.

Not so, the Quran is interpreted in various ways. One of the simplest reasons is that many Muslims around the world are not fluent in Arabic so they have to rely on translations of the texts.