We all see the transformation of America from a great democracy following WWII to almost a full-blown police state with the NSA monitoring all the citizenry. But due to media censorship we don't always get the latest news of even more atrocities against freedoms. This author, a former federal agent had his book manuscripts seized twice at gunpoint. Witnesses present were told they would be deported if they did anything to help the guy. The federal agents even stopped one of the girls from calling the local police! http://persecutingwhistleblowerswithamericancourts.wordpress.com/2015/6/17/-bruces-book-manuscripts-at-gunpoint-by-federal-agents-without-warrants-several-witnesses-present/

When you visit this link you will see one of the chapters that you can actually read and it now makes me wonder three things?

1) Does this also happen in Canada and we just never hear about it?

2) How much information gets censored and hidden from the public?

3) How do they legally get away with this shit?

Maybe the book is not politically correct but it is not telling people how to make bombs or spreading hate crimes. It is just a former federal agent talking about what he witnessed working for the federal government and then some private companies. The guy is a whistle blower and I do not see anyone saying that his claims are false - even those that involve the huge money laundering and drug smuggling in Canada. He exposes 12 government and 3 corporate crimes. He is also the same guy who exposed the HIV tainted blood of the American Red Cross in the early 90s.

The worst part of this story is the guy sought sanctuary in Canada (his wife and kids are life-long Canadian citizens) and filed a refugee claim with a lawyer named Marshal Drukarsh. In 8 years the claim was never heard and then Canada allowed a fake extradition to take place: http://whyunclesamhatesbruce.blogspot.com

I always thought the Charter Rights applied to refugees as well. Now I know better.

Edited by Not Yet

We all see the transformation of America from a great democracy following WWII to almost a full-blown police state with the NSA monitoring all the citizenry.

I would recommend a closer look at U.S. history before WWII. Spying on citizens goes back to at least the Civil War, another event in that "great democracy". As in Canada, citizens of Japanese descent were locked up in camps during WW2. This guy has no sob story to match anything like that.

I reported here before about a local newspaper that stopped the comments online section mainly because the MP and MPP are both Tories and not many people had nice things to say about them or their mayor. The paper is owned by Sun but I think that was taken over by another paper. The nasty words, could have been dealt with by rules but the paper decided to cancelled the comment section instead.

Well topaz, the comments sections are full of hate because of people suffering from HDS. I have never in my life seen so much hate for a man. And that is embarrassing seeing Canadians act in such a vile way. And most of the criticism is just BS hate. When harper is gone and you find out the other 2 are a lot worse, you will privately wish he was still PM. 10 billion dollar deficits ,gut the military by 50% or more. Withdraw from all the problems in the world, that is not the Canadian way. I hope there is cure for HDS and they find it before the election.

Well topaz, the comments sections are full of hate because of people suffering from HDS. I have never in my life seen so much hate for a man. And that is embarrassing seeing Canadians act in such a vile way. And most of the criticism is just BS hate. When harper is gone and you find out the other 2 are a lot worse, you will privately wish he was still PM. 10 billion dollar deficits ,gut the military by 50% or more. Withdraw from all the problems in the world, that is not the Canadian way. I hope there is cure for HDS and they find it before the election.

Because Tory partisans have had nothing but love for Trudeau and Mulcair.

Remember that wee little flyer of 18 months ago that all but came out and said "Justin Trudeau is gay"? Perhaps we should refer to Tories' TDS.

So is it possible that this could every take place in Canada and what would it say for the strenght of, and respect for the Charter Rights? If you read the link of the OP and the sample chapter embedded, do you see anything so offensive that would cause authorities to seize the book. Would Canada allow this book to be published in Canada despite U.S. protests? Could Assange and Bradley Manning also publish books in Canada without fear of retribution like this case mentioned in the OP link?

Edited by Not Yet

There are not many rights that I would march in protest for but the freedom of speech, and the freedom of press, and freedom of assembly are three that would even make me buy a gun if they were taken away from me. Unless someone is writing a book that tells people how to make a nuclear bomb. there is no possible reason any government could have for confiscating a book IMO. The part of the book i read in the OP link is not offensive nor hateful in any way. It was in my opinion grabbed only because it revealed political crimes.

There are not many rights that I would march in protest for but the freedom of speech, and the freedom of press, and freedom of assembly are three that would even make me buy a gun if they were taken away from me. Unless someone is writing a book that tells people how to make a nuclear bomb. there is no possible reason any government could have for confiscating a book IMO.

The books that tell you everything you need to know to build a nuclear bomb are freely available textbooks...

I am shocked. This story should be front page of every American newspaper. And the next time the yanks start preaching to the world about human and civil rights abuses, we should rub their nose in this shit. I read the sample chapter and can see that is one interesting book they snatched away. Will they be burning them next?

I reported here before about a local newspaper that stopped the comments online section mainly because the MP and MPP are both Tories and not many people had nice things to say about them or their mayor. The paper is owned by Sun but I think that was taken over by another paper. The nasty words, could have been dealt with by rules but the paper decided to cancelled the comment section instead.

Which newspaper was this? I would stop reading the rag immediately if it could not be unbiased on the editorial content, especially with reader comments. But getting back on point... Would Canadians support or rebel against Harper if he pulled such a stunt to stop an author from exposing felony crimes of his and past regimes?