Information Commish Taking PMO To Court

Mighty AC

It seems that Harper's office is in hot water for hiding information, yet again. During the investigations into senators Duffy, Harb, Brazeau and Wallin, which has had Harper tripping over his own lies, requests were made for 28 pages of emails relating to the fab four. However, Harper's office, in usual fashion, simply withheld 27 of the pages.

The federal information commissioner will now ask a federal court to order the documents released.

http://www.nationalobserver.com/2015/09/14/news/information-commissioner-taking-pmo-court-over-withholding-senate-documents

When discussing Harper's penchant for lying Preston Manning once said "words don't mean much to Stephen." When voters support a party and PM already proven to be a corrupt, lawbreaking, liar, aren't we basically sanctifying their immoral and illegal acts?

It doesn't matter. PM Harper is a good man who actually cares about Canada. Mulcair will destroy it. He will pull us out of all Free trade. Will cut the military by half. Raise taxes to 50% and so on.

First of all, u can't be Canada First...change it to Harperman First. Both, the Libs and the NDP have said taxes would go up for people making over $200,000. like MPs and PMs and what better way to get some of that golden pension money back to taxpayers. U have a problem with that?

Harper has been cutting government spending for 10 years. Every government worker in Canada in every department is running scared of losing their job.

This is people trying to protect their jobs.

If I was working 2 hours a day for the last 20 years and now all of a sudden I actually have to work 8 hours. I'd be attacking Harper too.

Every federal department has had their funding cut a little for the last 10 year. Especially this last year.

Typical useless lazy worker trying to protect their jobs.

Harper has made a lot of enemies within because he's trying to shrink government. So they are spinning it every way possible to get him run out of office.

It's a normal human reaction to being forced to actually work, and fearing that your job is on the line.

First of all, u can't be Canada First...change it to Harperman First. Both, the Libs and the NDP have said taxes would go up for people making over $200,000. like MPs and PMs and what better way to get some of that golden pension money back to taxpayers. U have a problem with that?

LOL Do you have any idea what a carbon tax will do. Everything will be taxed. I for one cant afford a NDP or Liberal government and anyone who think these people will do a great job has a HDS problem.

Harper is such a Goody Two Shoes - he should have just wiped all the hard drives like the McGuinty/Wynne gang. When will he learn?

A goody two shoes that headed the only government to fall for hiding information. In this particular case, Harper and Wright thought they had the Duffy situation under control, unfortunately the message wasn't controlled and investigations took place.

The same goody two shoes was part of a voter suppression campaign that hit over 200 ridings. He also tried to advertise spending and program investments, that were secretly clawed back in an attempt to balance the budget. This includes the withholding of more than a billion budgeted and approved dollars set to treat our veterans. During this campaign Harper himself even included the $1.2B in withheld funds in the total he claims to have spent on our veterans. The man simply does not care if his words are true.

Supporting a PM already proven to be a corrupt, liar simply encourages bad, anti-democratic governments going forward. Canada deserves better than a PM who does not respect the law, democracy, transparency or accountability. Harper has to go.

AC look at the problems the government gets into, not major at all really compared to past governments. People spending to much of their own money, trying to get someone to pay back the taxpayer. HDS at its worst.

Let's look at Harper's record: voter suppression campaigns, contempt of parliament, lying to the public about cost of major programs, attacking our vets, degrading environmental protections, wasting and misplacing billions, breaking the law, lying about program investment, muzzling scientists, attacking democracy, killing the census, shutting down world class research projects, multiple recessions, worst job numbers in 70 years, cheating during multiple elections, etc., etc.

Supporting a PM already proven to be a corrupt, liar simply encourages bad, anti-democratic governments going forward. Canada deserves better than a PM who does not respect the law, democracy, transparency or accountability. Harper has to go.

Harper has been cutting government spending for 10 years. Every government worker in Canada in every department is running scared of losing their job.

This is people trying to protect their jobs.

Except this is about every government worker in the most powerful department in the country running scared of one liar losing his job.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By ReeferMadness
      When it comes to budget cuts, police seem to always be sacrosanct. I've seen cuts to teachers, social workers, scientists, all kinds of admin staff and almost every other type of government employee. But not police. Nor, come to think of it, fireman.
      This editorial claims that policing costs have risen faster than the rate of inflation in Canada (at all 3 levels of government) despite a falling crime rate. It also claims that police resources are used inefficiently with $100k a year policeman doing all kinds of work that could be done by lesser trained staff.
      Perhaps when marijuana is legalized, that would be a good opportunity to examine policing needs. Maybe there is an opportunity to redirect resources towards supporting people, not prosecuting them.
    • By marcus
      Although Conservatives like to drone on like robots about how Stephen Harper is a "steady hand on the wheel" of the economy, that myth is increasingly hard to square with reality.
      Not only does a recent poll suggest Harper's reputation as a competent manager of the economy has plummeted, a new analysis shows Harper with the worst economic record of any Canadian Prime Minister since the end of the Second World War.
      Here is how Harper's economic record fares against the others:
      Annual Average Growth in Employment: 1% - Worst Average Annual Real GDP Growth: 1.6% - Worst
      Change in Employment Rate: -1.4 pts - Second worst
      Average Unemployment Rate: 7.1 - Sixth of Nine
      Labour Force Participation Rate: -1% - Worst
      Average Annual Growth in Youth Employment: -0.3% - Second worst
      Index of Job Quality: 87.2 - Worst
      Average Annual Growth in Real GDP per Capita: 0.4% - Worst
      Average Annual Growth in Real Business Non-Residential Capital Spending: 2.5% - Second worst
      Average Annual Growth in Real Exports: 0.3% - Worst
      Average Annual Growth in Labour Productivity: 0.9% - Second worst
      Average Annual Growth of Real Personal Income per Capita: 0.9% - Second worst
      Change in Net Federal Debt as Share of GDP: 0.9% - Sixth of Nine This statistical review confirms that it is far-fetched to suggest that Canada’s economy has been well-managed during the Harper government’s time in office. To the contrary, there is no other time in Canada’s postwar economic history in which Canada’s performance has performed worse than it did under the Harper government.
    • By hardworker786
      Dear Swan,
      I appreciate your email. However, both my partner and I have waited over five years for the vaguely termed "security background checks" process to end so that we can have some sort of finality in our lives.
      As far as Immigration Canada is concerned, I would like to point out the following:
      They have exhibited a carelessness, lack of empathy and incompetence during this whole process. In part, this has can be illustrated with the following examples:
      a) They called me to tell me that a letter asking me to pick up my permanent resident card was a "mistake" and not to show up for the assigned time.
      b>They told me in 2011 that my PR card was in the local office and would be in the mail "within a week," only to renege and not even have the common courtesy to explain why.
      c) A CIC representative told me over the phone that he has no idea what is going on and that there are two filing systems that are overlapping and not synchronized.
      d) The F.B.I., the California Department of Justice, the Texas Department of Public Safety have all sent letters to CIC vouching for the fact that I do not have any kind of a criminal record.
      e) I have been a citizen of the United States since 1999, and a resident since 1994. I have NEVER gotten into any kind of legal troubles, neither criminal nor civil.
      Given all the above, my question is: What possible reason is there for my application being held in limbo, with no information forthcoming, for over five years?
      As far as Wai Young's local office in her constituency of South Vancouver and your personal conduct is concerned, I would like to point out the following:
      a) I was severely disappointed that you did not warrant my personal pain and grievance at being treated in such a manner by CIC worthy of any kind of personal attention by Miss Young.
      b>Miss Young apparently does not think that my wife (a Canadian citizen), or her father (a Canadian citizen) warrant any special attention. We will be sure to tell of our experience with your office to others. My father in law is very well known and influential in the local Sikh community, and he will be sure to give voice to our feelings about Miss Young and her attitude far and wide.
      c) Your question of whether I had considered giving up a five year old application process to return to the United States was extremely insensitive and callous.
      d) I understand that Miss Young is an MP for the Conservative party, led by Stephen Harper no less, and that she is not expected to be particularly concerned about immigrant issues. However, given the fact that you are either the child of immigrants as is Miss Young, I found both your attitudes shameful at best and inhumane at worse.
      e) Next time you ask someone why they don't just drop an application for immigration and return to where they came from, I would ask you to consider the following:
      1) It takes a lot of logistical, psychological, financial and personal investment to move from one country to another and wait five years for an immigration application that should normally take no more than two years.
      2) It is very hurtful that someone who is supposed to help my family would suggest such a thing, albeit in a polite tone.
      3) Immigration policies that are based on and take advantage of the fear and prejudice engendered against one particular ethnicity or religious group set a dangerous precedent that could affect you in the future. One can only imagine what would happen in case of a major conflagration between the United States and China (a very possible scenario in the not too distant future) given Canada standing as a member of NATO. You or your children could very well face the kind of hurtful discrimination that my family has faced under such a scenario. Your smug assumption that you are 'Canadian' enough to treat me in such a manner will come crashing down under such circumstances. Please don't forget that you are the child of an immigrants, and however, 'Canadian' you may perceive yourself, you are only one international incident away from being treated with suspicion for no fault of your own.
      Sincerely,
  • Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!