What If RCMP Patrick Kelly Really Did Not Kill His Wife?

Not Yet

WHAT WOULD IT MEAN TODAY?

Dirty cops are easy to hate. But murder is one crime I do not think Patrick Kelly committed. Before you make any assumptions please consider the following facts before you reply...

1) Nobody doubts that Patrick was extremely corrupt, Even he admits it.

2) For 23 years Patrick steadfastly maintains he did not kill his wife - even after he was released. He could have been released 5 years earlier if he admitted to the parole board that he was remorseful for killing his wife, but he said he could not lie about being remorseful for something he didn't do.

3) Nothing at the crime scene linked Patrick as the killer, only an occupant of the same apartment as his wife.

4) For 23 years Patrick Kelly requested and was denied a polygraph examination. why?

5) The key prosecution witness (Dawn Taber) admitted she lied when she said she witnessed the murder. She recanted more than a year after Patrick was already sentenced.

6) Since Patrick was tried and convicted for murder a crime that carries a life sentence in Canada he did not have to stand trial for corruption. If he had to be tried for corruption (instead of murder) he could and would have implicated dozens of colleagues, including superiors in exchange for smaller sentence.

7) Now read this: http://PatrickKellyIsInnocentOfMurder.wordpress.com

Now do you see WHY it was so perfectly convenient to convict him for murder instead of corruption? Just look at all the RCMP corruption that surfaced since Patrick was convicted? Ask him how much of it did he already know about and could have exposed back in 1985?

Edited by Michael Hardner
unnecessary image

I think the evidence was strong enough to convict. His excuse that his wife fell from the balcony was proven wrong. He was corrupt and working with organized crime.

To say that he couldn't name othe corrupt officials because he was never tried for his corruption is simply silly. He could have came forward anyway.

He was paroled and sent back to jail for violating his parole.

How was it "proven" she didn't fall? What if another party threw her off the balcony and not Patrick? I never believed the guy killed his wife and after Taber recanted, I suspected there was some political maneuvering behind the scenes to make sure a new trial wasn't granted. Point number six of the OP makes a lot of sense to me.

What legitimate reason could anyone have not to let the guy take a polygraph exam? If he passed then I think a full blown investigation is warranted. If Patrick did not kill his wife most people would just assume he was guilty of the corruption and not feel any compassion for him. Too many people jump to the easiest conclusion possible I think.

If that sushi bar conversation really took place then the lawyer and the witnessed should be ordered by a court to be deposed and take a polygraph exam as well.

Also, how is dating more than one woman a crime? Putting a guy in prison for this is R I D I C U L O U S. May as well lock up half of every single men and women now on the dating scene!

Edited by Go.Leafs

1 - he was there, no one else... He admitted that. It was shown that she couldn't have fallen so far outward from the balcony without being pushed. So who did that?

2 - Polygraphs are meaningless.

3 - they didn't convict him of sleeping around. They convicted him of murdering his wife.

Hopefully he rots there forever.

His parole was revoked for dating too many women, and the last time I looked dating multiple people is not a crime. There is some reason they want him out of circulation with restricted communications.

And if the sushi bar confession took place then what would you make of that, especially since Taber admitted she lied. I agree that she did not fall. But I think the sushi bar thing is not something someone makes up 20 years after the murder took place eh?

The source of the "Sushi Bar Confession" needs to be found and thoroughly interrogated. I would blow this whole thing off as a hoax if not for the recanting of testimony by Dawn Taber. IMO his innocence relating to the murder is a 50/50 possibility. The 6 points raised by the OP cannot just be ignored.

The 6 points raised by the OP cannot just be ignored.

Actually, yes they can. And most are doing just that.

The legal system did it's thing. Don't like it? Take it to court, not the "court of public opinion". No one on this board can change it, and most likely don't care enough about this one case to bother even if they could.

WHAT WOULD IT MEAN TODAY?

Dirty cops are easy to hate. But murder is one crime I do not think Patrick Kelly committed. Before you make any assumptions please consider the following facts before you reply...

1) Nobody doubts that Patrick was extremely corrupt, Even he admits it.

2) For 23 years Patrick steadfastly maintains he did not kill his wife - even after he was released. He could have been released 5 years earlier if he admitted to the parole board that he was remorseful for killing his wife, but he said he could not lie about being remorseful for something he didn't do.

3) Nothing at the crime scene linked Patrick as the killer, only an occupant of the same apartment as his wife.

4) For 23 years Patrick Kelly requested and was denied a polygraph examination. why?

5) The key prosecution witness (Dawn Taber) admitted she lied when she said she witnessed the murder. She recanted more than a year after Patrick was already sentenced.

6) Since Patrick was tried and convicted for murder a crime that carries a life sentence in Canada he did not have to stand trial for corruption. If he had to be tried for corruption (instead of murder) he could and would have implicated dozens of colleagues, including superiors in exchange for smaller sentence.

7) Now read this: http://PatrickKellyIsInnocentOfMurder.wordpress.com

Now do you see WHY it was so perfectly convenient to convict him for murder instead of corruption? Just look at all the RCMP corruption that surfaced since Patrick was convicted? Ask him how much of it did he already know about and could have exposed back in 1985?

Yeah I'd acquit and try him for the corruption charges. Sounds like they killed his wife, someone must have been pissed for something. I was framed up for a relatively minor offensive, and I would hope that if the witnesses who lied and came out and told what really happened that I would be exonerated and acquitted for what I was falsely accused of. It is horrible that a witness can say she purgered and be ignored by the justice system, it is horrible really. I pray for everyone ever framed up that the people who did it burn in hell for all eternity with the greatest possible suffering.

Edited by nerve

Yeah I'd acquit and try him for the corruption charges. Sounds like they killed his wife, someone must have been pissed for something. I was framed up for a relatively minor offensive, and I would hope that if the witnesses who lied and came out and told what really happened that I would be exonerated and acquitted for what I was falsely accused of. It is horrible that a witness can say she purgered and be ignored by the justice system, it is horrible really. I pray for everyone ever framed up that the people who did it burn in hell for all eternity with the greatest possible suffering.

I interviewed some Toronto cops a few years ago, and a handful admitted that bonuses were paid based on closed cases and convictions, and off record, 7 of them admitted they submitted dalse police reports to obtains convictions of people they knew to be innocenct. The criminial justice machine has been broken for years and there are not many Clay Ruby's these days to expose the corruption. And they know very well that when an innocent person becomes a convicted felon, nobody will every believ them. That stigma allows the rotten apple coppers to contune unabated, and frankly they just grow bolder with time.