Bible and History, "Who Never Know".

Exegesisme

Bible and History, "Who Never Know".​

By Exegesisme

Genesis 1:26 Then God said: " Let us make man in our image,..."

(Time from 3 million years ago to 15 thousand years ago.)

Genesis 2:7 the lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground..

(in Africa about 15 thousand years ago, the man was a man with new genome, or new nuclear information genetics.)

Genesis 2:8 Now the Lord God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed.

(In Middle East, time from 15 thousand years to 10 thousand years. The trees in the garden became oils today.)

Genesis 2:10 A river watering the garden flowed from Eden

(the source of four ancient agricultural civilizations);

from there it was separated into four headwaters.

(Ancient China, ancient India, ancient Mesopotamia, and ancient Egypt. Ancient China and ancient India lose their relations with the source. Civilizations in ancient Mesopotamia and ancient Egypt had interacted repeatedly to form the civilizations of ancient Greece and ancient Jews, which in turn had interacted repeatedly to form the civilization of Christianity, until our era, have formed the main stream of general human civilization.)

What is the point of discussion here ? It seems like you ARE trying to start a discussion but I can't tell what it is.

The topic is about the relation between the real meaning of the verses in the Bible and the real history, although is not very clear. What I try to say is, first, the real process of the creation of God, for both human and human civilization; second, the creation is around the climate change, as the genesis is from the cold climate to the warm climate, and then the job in the warm climate, (which is implied by pointing out the clear time of the relevant verse), and the revelation is about the preparation from the warm climate to the cold climate (this part is about future and very important, but this thread does not talk about, just now I tried to talk this topic in a new thread, but it disappeared). Do you have any suggestion?

Edited by Exegesisme

Do you believe in God? You seem to be new to the English language so I recommend that you be 100% clear and direct in your points- example:

"I believe in God. God created Climate Change. Here is why... EtC"

Something now I am experiencing is very complicated. The experience is in process, the whole meaning is still not very clear, and many meanings are away from tradition, so I should be very careful. My self keeps a skeptical attitude about my experience, so my expression somewhat shows my skeptical attitude.

For example, "I believe in God", this is no problem. But who is God, this is very hard to answer according to my experience. "God created Climate Change." This is what I want to tell, but the farther evidences are very hard to tell, so I should hold myself to say this way.

I am in a process of spiritual exploration, this fact may affect my expression.

I notice that English is a language for clearness, so sometimes I feel that some expression may be too clear to express the unclear nature of an object.

Edited by Exegesisme

Recent studies have suggested that proto-humans existed as far back as 300 000 years ago, much further back than the previous estimate of 130 000 years. How does that square with your interpretation of the Bible estimate of 10 000 to 15 000 years, which is around the time of the last great ice age? Anthropologists want to know.

Edited by LesActive

Recent studies have suggested that proto-humans existed as far back as 300 000 years ago, much further back than the previous estimate of 130 000 years. How does that square with your interpretation of the Bible estimate of 10 000 to 15 000 years, which is around the time of the last great ice age? Anthropologists want to know.

"The first known human lived in Ethiopia 2.8 million years ago, according to two remarkable new studies that also reveal the conditions under which the earliest humans evolved."

http://news.discovery.com/human/evolution/remains-of-first-known-human-found-in-ethiopia-150304.htm

The whole creation began about 3 million years ago and has persisted to now.

The creation about 15 000​ to 10 000 years ago is the latest major creation preparing for the warming phase of the climate from the cold phase.

Now another major creation may begin for preparing the coming of the next cold phase of the climate, which may be lasting for 1 000 years according to Bible (millenium).​

Edited by Exegesisme

If we want to look at the bible and history lets look at the beginning shall we.

In Genesis 1:1, the earth and "heaven" are created together "in the beginning," whereas according to current estimates, the earth and universe are about 4.6 and 13.7 billion years old, respectively. So right away we have a discrepancy.

In Genesis, the earth is created (1:1) before light (1:3) and the sun and stars (1:16); birds and whales (1:21) before reptiles and insects (1:24); and flowering plants (1:11) before any animals (1:20). The order of events known from science is completely different which means that the word of God, is wrong. So if we are to take the bible literally we already have a discrepancy in what God says and what actually happened. So either he's lying to us, or he's not all omniscient or he'd know he is wrong or the God of the bible is just a bunch of crap. My guess is answer number 3.

To those that call themselves Christian, does it matter to you that a real, living, Jesus Christ most likely never existed? Are the tales attributed to the man still valuable to you in some way?

Why do you care what people believe? What's it got to do with you? Frankly. It's none of your business. You should concentrate in your own life. Put energy into that instead of trying to control what other people think.

Edited by Canada_First

Why do you care what people believe? What's it got to do with you? Frankly. It's none of your business. You should concentrate in your own life. Put energy into that instead of trying to control what other people think.

It's this kind of thinking that gets us no where as a civilized society. When religious people make it taboo to talk about religion because they know if we do it just falls apart. You'll never defeat extremist religious views with that kind of attitude. It's our business because we make it our damn business. All religions deserve to be ridiculed at every turn.

This comment from a guy that claims to have a problem with misogyny as well as sectarian and sexual orientation based discrimination? Odd. I want a more ethical, safe, intelligent and productive world for my children. That's why I care.

The static, unethical moral standards codified in scripture hold us back as a society. Tomorrow's moral standards are almost always preferable to those of yesterday. Plus, people cling to these ancient and hateful moral concepts based on indoctrinated beliefs that are backed by absolutely no evidence.

The way to fix this problem is to hasten the already declining religious participation rate by removing the protective cultural cocoon and critically examining religious ideas, just like we do with all other ideas.

If we want to look at the bible and history lets look at the beginning shall we.

In Genesis 1:1, the earth and "heaven" are created together "in the beginning," whereas according to current estimates, the earth and universe are about 4.6 and 13.7 billion years old, respectively. So right away we have a discrepancy.

In Genesis, the earth is created (1:1) before light (1:3) and the sun and stars (1:16); birds and whales (1:21) before reptiles and insects (1:24); and flowering plants (1:11) before any animals (1:20). The order of events known from science is completely different which means that the word of God, is wrong. So if we are to take the bible literally we already have a discrepancy in what God says and what actually happened. So either he's lying to us, or he's not all omniscient or he'd know he is wrong or the God of the bible is just a bunch of crap. My guess is answer number 3.

Trying to understand with my model of exegesis:

My ideal is to understand each word of the bible upon the whole tone of bible, and understand the whole tone of bible in the background of the being of the whole universe and his environment.

Edited by Exegesisme