Ben Carson vs Donald Trump

Ben Carson vs Donald Trump​

By exegesisme

There are about 20 candidates in running for two nominations of two major parties in USA now. In the republican side, the running is more interesting than the democratic side.

Now the first runner in Republican side is Donald Trump, and the emerging second runner is Ben Carson. These two are political outsiders, and Ben Carson is even more outside than Donald Trump (Career in medicine is farther away from politics than career in large business).

I have a feeling about them, Ben Carson who is with internal passion will very likely surpass Donald Trump who is with external passion. The voters in USA will gradually absorbed by the inner passion of Ben Carson, who is in making another American dream more brilliant.

Ben Carson is the best candidate the Rs have by far, a person with a lot of dedication, discipline, skill and brilliance, but he's nutty too.

"Carson stated: "I don't believe in evolution...I simply don't have enough faith to believe that something as complex as our ability to rationalize, think, and plan, and have a moral sense of what's right and wrong, just appeared."[65] In 2012, nearly 500 professors, students, and alumni of Emory University wrote a letter expressing concern about his views in advance of his commencement speech. They cited a quote in an interview with the Adventist Review: "By believing we are the product of random acts, we eliminate morality and the basis of ethical behavior."

Ben Carson is the best candidate the Rs have by far, a person with a lot of dedication, discipline, skill and brilliance, but he's nutty too.

"Carson stated: "I don't believe in evolution...I simply don't have enough faith to believe that something as complex as our ability to rationalize, think, and plan, and have a moral sense of what's right and wrong, just appeared."[65] In 2012, nearly 500 professors, students, and alumni of Emory University wrote a letter expressing concern about his views in advance of his commencement speech. They cited a quote in an interview with the Adventist Review: "By believing we are the product of random acts, we eliminate morality and the basis of ethical behavior."

Do you see any idea which unifies creation and evolution?

I fundamentally disagree that faith and science are reconcilable.

Scientific method is based on lack of faith.

It sounds neat and politically correct to say that they can be reconciled, but they are two completely opposite philosophies.

That isn't to say that religious people can't provide much to science. Quite the opposite, it just means that they don't apply science in all areas. This requires a certain degree of compartmentalization.

I have a client who is like Ben Carson in that they are a creationist, religious fundamentalist neurosurgeon who denies evolution. The amount of compartmentalization that must take place is amazing. The amount of evidence showing the development of the human brain from a shared ancestor to the other primates is overwhelming. Simply one chooses to ignore a vast vast vast amount of information so that it doesn't cause a crisis of faith.

Edited by G Huxley

I fundamentally disagree that faith and science are reconcilable.

Scientific method is based on lack of faith.

It sounds neat and politically correct to say that they can be reconciled, but they are two completely opposite philosophies.

That isn't to say that religious people can't provide much to science. Quite the opposite, it just means that they don't apply science in all areas. This requires a certain degree of compartmentalization.

I have a client who is like Ben Carson in that they are a creationist, religious fundamentalist neurosurgeon who denies evolution. The amount of compartmentalization that must take place is amazing. The amount of evidence showing the development of the human brain from a shared ancestor to the other primates is overwhelming. Simply one chooses to ignore a vast vast vast amount of information so that it doesn't cause a crisis of faith.

I see what you mean. But to Carson, Both science and faith are crucial for him, and both are source of his inner passion.

Yes it is, but the paradox is that he also denies science at the same time. So he applies science and accepts it's merits but then denies it at the same time.

I believe that he does not know the real relation between creation and evolution. Once he knows, he will admit evolution.

Edited by Exegesisme

What do you consider to be the "real relation between creation and evolution"?

Let's say with human affair. I do not believe you can make progress by only random. If you want to make progress, you more likely to get it by creating it, or at least by creating its conditions, and then let the its conditions help you achieve it.

Darwin just made a theory about evolution, not about the possible existence of intelligent space aliens from another universe.

You are partially right, and something else you do not see.

Darwin made a theory of evolution on some facts, and these facts were recorded the creative process of the aliens in another universe. Darwin was inspired by these facts, the evolutional ideas of ancient Greece, and the inspirations he did not know where their exact sources are, and all together made him believe there should be a progress along these facts which he named as evolution, and his explanation of evolution on these facts was named by him as the theory of evolution.

Is this expression clear enough for you as a possibility? ​

Edited by Exegesisme