Suspects Shot Dead At $10K Muhammad Cartoon Contest

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a question, on "The View" Whoopi asked what part does the woman who was responsible for the cartoon or the showing of it have?? She had to knew what was going to happen but went ahead anyway. Does Freedom of Speech have its limits??

It shouldn't. Because a faction of people are irrationally sensitive about this issue shouldn't mean that other's freedoms should be restricted.

She wasn't preaching violence.

Edited by Boges

Wow.

The Koran also has specific things to say about apostates and gay people.

So, using Whoopi logic, how much does being a non-believer play into getting 1,000 lashings in Saudi Arabia?

How much responsibility should a gay person feel for his/her own death just for being gay?

If it's ok for a gay person to be gay, and I think it is, then it should be okay for a person to draw an image or even write up an atheist blog in Saudi Arabia ( one can hope, someday).

It shouldn't. Because a faction of people are irrationally sensitive about this issue shouldn't mean that other's freedoms should be restricted.

She wasn't preaching violence.

Not this time. But this is the same person who helped inspire and later justified Ander Brevik's slaughter of innocents in Norway. She's a horrible person and it's almost too bad she didn't catch a bullet.

People are acting like this event was out in public. It wasn't. It was a private event taking place behind closed doors. No Muslim, or anyone else that wouldn't want to see the cartoons could see the cartoons. Whoopi Goldberg's a moron. As is anyone else that thinks a private event justifies violence.

Sorry, but "horrible people" still have free speech rights, just like the people who wish someone would catch a bullet.

Exactly. Perhaps abortion doctors should "catch a bullet" too. Many would consider terminating the life of an unborn 7 month old much worse than drawing a picture for private viewing.

Exactly. Perhaps abortion doctors should "catch a bullet" too.

Perhaps? Perhaps? <facepalm>

Many would consider terminating the life of an unborn 7 month old much worse than drawing a picture for private viewing.

Two for one day !

"an unborn 7 month old " Whatever the hell that means.

People are acting like this event was out in public. It wasn't. It was a private event taking place behind closed doors. No Muslim, or anyone else that wouldn't want to see the cartoons could see the cartoons. Whoopi Goldberg's a moron. As is anyone else that thinks a private event justifies violence.

I assume then you conclude that Pamela Geller must also be a moron.

This has probably been said before but having a Mohammed Drawing Contest is now more offensive or immature than people who try and depict Jesus in offensive ways.

This is really a non-issue. This happened in Texas, I'm sure there's an audience there for this kind of provocative immaturity.

The story is that there were Muslims that walked right into their trap.

This has probably been said before but having a Mohammed Drawing Contest is now more offensive or immature than people who try and depict Jesus in offensive ways.

I can actually imagine a Muslim version of Piss Christ and the attendant context that would allow a comparison there. And, yes, I do think that you would have more people threatening violence in such an example.

As for the other side of the Drawing Contest... if you had a contest for people making fun of the American flag and held it in Texas, you'd get people upset and probably prone to physical violence too but the same principle applies.... freedom of speech means freedom to offend.

I can actually imagine a Muslim version of Piss Christ and the attendant context that would allow a comparison there. And, yes, I do think that you would have more people threatening violence in such an example.

As for the other side of the Drawing Contest... if you had a contest for people making fun of the American flag and held it in Texas, you'd get people upset and probably prone to physical violence too but the same principle applies.... freedom of speech means freedom to offend.

Except of course we know that some people of some religions will actually kill you for drawing a picture of the figure they worship, but sure lets make more false equivalencies to cover for it, btw the second post of the this thread is absolute nonsense.

Except of course we know that some people of some religions will actually kill you for drawing a picture of the figure they worship, but sure lets make more false equivalencies to cover for it,

There's no equivalenting (?) human beings... get somebody mad enough and they'll do something to equal you...

I read the comments on the facebook page of some guy who stomped on the flag...

But I don't try to draw a line between individual extremists and some group of people they belong to.

Except of course we know that some people of some religions will actually kill you for drawing a picture of the figure they worship, but sure lets make more false equivalencies to cover for it, btw the second post of the this thread is absolute nonsense.

Except of course we know that some people of some religions will actually kill you for thinking that you have a right to the wealth of your own country, for thinking that you have a right to elect your own leaders, for thinking that their children shouldn't be napalmed, carpet bombed, raped and tortured.

The nerve of some people and some religions!!!

And a marvellous expression of American freedom of speech it was, behind closed doors, with massive police security!!

Definitely. But apparently doing something behind closed doors is pretty offensive!

Funny you should mention that because it crossed my mind to invite Jihadi to our forum so they could clearly see why Stephan Harper has identified Canada's left as being with them. Maybe they'd be a little more discriminating about who they target in the future and leave the truly innocent alone.

Edited by eyeball