Suspects Shot Dead At $10K Muhammad Cartoon Contest

It is a free country and they have the right to have such an event. It was successful not only in springing the trap but I bet the contributions to that organization are going to skyrocket. The self appointed mandate of that organization is to agitate Muslims, publicize their views and in that way, gain more members. They will be very successful.

The details are not yet clear but it is ironic that these two crazed fanatics have re-enforced the racist message of the organization. These guys are not very bright. They are like our government who send airplanes over to the Middle East, take out thousands of civilians as "acceptable collateral damage", play right into the terrorist hands and then wonder why those folks are trying to kill us.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problems with crazies taking each other out - just do not get innocent bystanders caught in the crossfire.

A solution might to be arrange a firefight, somewhere in an enclosed stadium (perhaps with live TV streaming) between the crazy islamophobes and the crazy Islam extremists. The record for number of viewers for an event might be surpassed - I know that I would watch.

Both sides seem to want a battle so let them go at it.

I would love it if militant minded conservatives on both sides could fight in some kind of huge stadium with clubs, and swords and stuff. Imagine what you could charge for beer and hotdogs?

I have no problems with crazies taking each other out - just do not get innocent bystanders caught in the crossfire.

A solution might to be arrange a firefight, somewhere in an enclosed stadium (perhaps with live TV streaming) between the crazy islamophobes and the crazy Islam extremists. The record for number of viewers for an event might be surpassed - I know that I would watch.

Both sides seem to want a battle so let them go at it.

You must also think that a girl that wears a short skirt deserves to get raped right?

To Shady - I do not understand what you are getting at. I think that your reference to women in short skirts being raped and someone blaming the skirt is blaming the victim? Please elaborate how that applies to my comment.

I'll try again; A person stands on a corner of a busy intersection minding his own business. Another person walks over and smacks him in the head. That is assault. The person is standing and doing what he is allowed to do by law. The smacker should be charged with assault.

A person stands on a corner of a busy intersection thumbing his nose and sticking his tongue out at people. Another person walks over and smacks him in the head. That is assault. The person is standing and doing what he is allowed to do by law. The smacker should be charged with assault.

I suggest that the reaction on this board to this shooting will follow the same lines as did the one in Paris. People's attitudes have not changed. In the Paris situation, a lot of innocent people who did not want to be involved in pro or anti Muslims fights ended up getting hurt. That I think is tragic.

If those folks in Texas thought that they would not be upsetting a lot of people then why all the security?

Edited by Big Guy

It is a free country and they have the right to have such an event. It was successful not only in springing the trap but I bet the contributions to that organization are going to skyrocket. The self appointed mandate of that organization is to agitate Muslims, publicize their views and in that way, gain more members. They will be very successful.

The details are not yet clear but it is ironic that these two crazed fanatics have re-enforced the racist message of the organization. These guys are not very bright. They are like our government who send airplanes over to the Middle East, take out thousands of civilians as "acceptable collateral damage", play right into the terrorist hands and then wonder why those folks are trying to kill us.

You equate killing thousands of civilians with drawing cartoons? Either way it gives "them" an excuse to kill us? You must have a very poor opinion of "them".

Well Shady, I will try for the last time. Re: my reference to the Middle East, ISIS is getting thousands of recruits weekly from around the world and from locals who have lost members of their families to our "acceptable collateral damage." We are playing right into their hands. I do not think that to be a very smart thing to do.

I believe that this group has a history of targeting Islam and decided to ratchet up their rhetoric. They did so and there was a reaction. Was it a reaction I would support? Of course not. It is just fortunate that bystanders were not hurt.

BTW - Please explain to me what was the intent of this group that organized this event.

This is just another issue where the anti-Islam folks on this board will be saying the same things to the same posters using the same arguments.

I am not going to argue. I have no intent of changing minds. I only post my views and you can agree or disagree. There are a few posters here whose opinion I respect so my intermittent postings do get a rational reaction at times - so, I continue.

Well Shady, I will try for the last time. Re: my reference to the Middle East, ISIS is getting thousands of recruits weekly from around the world and from locals who have lost members of their families to our "acceptable collateral damage." We are playing right into their hands. I do not think that to be a very smart thing to do.

I believe that this group has a history of targeting Islam and decided to ratchet up their rhetoric. They did so and there was a reaction. Was it a reaction I would support? Of course not. It is just fortunate that bystanders were not hurt.

BTW - Please explain to me what was the intent of this group that organized this event.

This is just another issue where the anti-Islam folks on this board will be saying the same things to the same posters using the same arguments.

I am not going to argue. I have no intent of changing minds. I only post my views and you can agree or disagree. There are a few posters here whose opinion I respect so my intermittent postings do get a rational reaction at times - so, I continue.

I don't know of any anti Islam folk on this board. I do know there are a few people on here who are anti any proponents of a religion who kill people for not following the tenets of that religion. It just so happens that Islam comes up a lot more than the others when such things are discussed.

I can't believe how callous everyone is being about this. Two people take up arms and a whole damn squad of SWAT officers open fire. I don't believe they arm SWAT (or other top end forces) with bullets that are "just sufficient" to stop someone (like .22 or .38) - they use some pretty heavy equipment.

There were CARS in the area. Potentially some NICE cars. Does anyone give a thought for them, I ask you? Thank god it was only a couple of wingnuts that got damaged and not someone's Merc, Aston, or (heaven forbid) Porsche.

The ability to stop idiots like this is one of the things I really do admire about the US.

Pam Geller may be a crazy demagogue, but she has the right to host a meeting, and people have the right to attend her event without being attacked.

-k

Speaking of demagogues, Kimmy, consider the vast majority of US/UK/... politicians. Again, we're all dancing around that gigantic elephant in the room when we all know who and why these problems continue to surface Why?

Numerous peoples of the world, from myriad countries, have the right to not be murdered, to not have their children poisoned by the thieving western nations, led by the USA, their wealth stolen, ... .

I can't believe how callous everyone is being about this.

There were CARS in the area. Potentially some NICE cars. Does anyone give a thought for them, I ask you? Thank god it was only a couple of wingnuts that got damaged and not someone's Merc, Aston, or (heaven forbid) Porsche.

Callous much?! :(

The ability to stop idiots like this is one of the things I really do admire about the US.

Yeah, you gotta admire a country that makes a regular habit of killing children and babies, not to mention their parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, ... just to line their already overstuffed pockets.

Now, talk about callous!!

I don't know of any anti Islam folk on this board. I do know there are a few people on here who are anti any proponents of a religion who kill people for not following the tenets of that religion. It just so happens that Islam comes up a lot more than the others when such things are discussed.

Oh please! How many folks do you know on this board who are willing to stand up and call a spade a spade? The USA has been murdering people in the Middle East for a good long time and stealing their wealth.

Regularly, there are people who make lame excuses for this long and cruel exploitation of the poor of the world but they get their panties in a bunch about these affronts to freedom of speech when they lack the honesty necessary to even enjoy such a freedom.

Freedom of speech comes with some responsibilities, such as not using it for rank propaganda purposes. Nothing sullies it more than that.

Can you say elephant in the room, bcsapper?

Edited by Je suis Omar

Speaking of demagogues, Kimmy, consider the vast majority of US/UK/... politicians. Again, we're all dancing around that gigantic elephant in the room when we all know who and why these problems continue to surface Why?

Numerous peoples of the world, from myriad countries, have the right to not be murdered, to not have their children poisoned by the thieving western nations, led by the USA, their wealth stolen, ... .

You're alleging that a couple of angry mooks in Texas attacked a "draw the prophet" contest because they were angry about US foreign policy?

No, I think that's quite a leap.

-k

You're alleging that a couple of angry mooks in Texas attacked a "draw the prophet" contest because they were angry about US foreign policy?

No, I think that's quite a leap.

-k

The gigantic leap is the inability of the vast majority of westerners to recognize that "US foreign policy" is nothing more than a grand deception.

It's just like Nazis foreign policy.

The gigantic leap is the inability of the vast majority of westerners to recognize that "US foreign policy" is nothing more than a grand deception.

It's just like Nazis foreign policy.

JUST LIKE IT!

You can tell by how many countries they've invaded and occupied in the last five years.

:lol:

I don't know. How much tax money did Piss Christ get? Or what did it cost to display it?

Now what if you lived in Iran and there was a contest for things like Piss Christ? It changes things when you're already an outsider and oppressed in that society.