Suspects Shot Dead At $10K Muhammad Cartoon Contest

Well, you knew this was going to happen sooner or later. Two suspects were shot and killed at a $10K First Prize Muhammad cartoon drawing contest in Garland, Texas.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3066779/Police-officer-suspect-said-injured-shooting-outside-art-anti-Muslim-exhibition-art-depicting-prophet-Muhammad.html

Je suis Charlie Hebdo...bring your own firearms !

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People make funny drawings of Jesus all the time. Nobody ever gets shot at over it.

Sounds like the world will be none the poorer for the loss of these two clowns! Good for the police, preventing what could have been a horrible tragedy.

-k

People make funny drawings of Jesus all the time. Nobody ever gets shot at over it.

Sounds like the world will be none the poorer for the loss of these two clowns! Good for the police, preventing what could have been a horrible tragedy.

-k

My point here quite simply was that not all religious fanatics are brown skinned people who chose Allah to get weird about.

Yep...these two clowns picked the wrong place to go all ISIS up in here.

They will shoot to kill first in Texas and ask questions later...maybe...if they feel like it.

Indeed, TDPS is not one to run afoul with, much like the iconic Rangers before them...likewise the Dallas county Sheriffs.

Going forward, any soon to be known acquaintances had best leave the State yesterday.......Texans love manhunts just as much as they love Jesus and Friday, Saturday and Sunday Football...

None of it matters. Prize money, personal views, What would Jesus have looked like.

No laws were broken until the perps opened fire and they paid for it.

They wanted to kill someone for giving offence. I'm glad they paid for it.

The organizers of this event have an interesting background:

http://freedomdefense.typepad.com/

They certainly do not represent my personal views.

Pam Geller may be a crazy demagogue, but she has the right to host a meeting, and people have the right to attend her event without being attacked.

-k

That organization knew exactly what it was doing. It understood what the reaction would be. It paid over $10,000 for well armed security.

They created a trap, baited the trap and snapped the trap. A very efficient method of getting rid of fanatical crazies.

The method works until or unless some innocent bystanders get killed. It worked well this time.

I have no problems with crazies taking each other out - just do not get innocent bystanders caught in the crossfire.

A solution might to be arrange a firefight, somewhere in an enclosed stadium (perhaps with live TV streaming) between the crazy islamophobes and the crazy Islam extremists. The record for number of viewers for an event might be surpassed - I know that I would watch.

Both sides seem to want a battle so let them go at it.

I meant what would you suggest with regards to this type of event. To me, there are only two choices: You ask them not to do it, or you force them not to do it.

You would agree that forcing them not to do it is not an option, right?

Given your suggestion, you can watch it on tv most nights, just without the islamophobes.