BBC World Service gets trolled by fake SJW

-1=e^ipi

I found this immensely funny, but other people probably won't understand the full context.

Apparently, the Social Justice Warrior (SJW) infiltration of the mainstream media has gotten to the point where the BBC has now achieved Poe's Law.

Poe's Law: "Without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between an expression of sincere extremism and a parody of extremism [by other extremists]."

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Poe%27s_Law

So I'll give some context, an 20 year old British male from York by the name of Godfrey Elfwick created a parody twitter account of Social Justice Warriors. https://twitter.com/godfreyelfwick

Godfrey's twitter profile describes Godfrey as a "Demisexual genderqueer Muslim Atheist. Literal good guy. Itinerant jongleur. Pronouns are Xir, Xirs Xirself. Filters life through the lens of minority issues."

If that isn't obvious enough of a parody, I'll list some of the tweets by Godfrey:

"Don't want to be labelled a rapist? Then respect women's boundaries and remember that consent can be revoked at any time. Even after sex."

"Remember #FreeSpeech and #HateSpeech are synonymous. Your right to offend stops at my right to not be offended."

"It's a sad fact that as a trans-black person I suffer worse bigotry and abuse than most other black people. #Racism #WrongSkin"

"I used to identify as #atheist as I don't believe in God but when I saw how racist the movement has become I converted to moderate Islam."

"I was born white but realized later in life that I was #WrongSkin and transitioned mentally to black."

"I have #HIV and I still donate blood. If people are too bigoted to accept it then they shouldn't have lost so much in the first place."

"Universities should be places where the correct topics are discussed with the correct people in the correct environment. #Feminism"

"If you're a straight man and you don't find #BruceJenner sexually attractive since he became a woman you're transphobic"

"Men will be men. Thank god I'm a transwoman so it doesn't apply to me."

Anyway, the BBC's Angela Sheeran saw one of Godfrey's tweets:

"I've never actually seen #StarWars but the fact that the bad guy was all black and ate watermelons was unbelievably racist even for the 70's"

And believing that Godfrey is a SJW with the 'correct opinion' (and unable to distinguish between parody and a true believe of SJWism), she invites him (or should I say xir?) onto her show to discuss the recent star wars trailer. Here is a brief clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EabGCJ9rm4w

The full 'interview' is 8 minutes long and includes Angela Sheeran rambling on about how Frozen is sexist, terrifying and treats women as sex objects.

Edited by -1=e^ipi

After reading some more on his twitter feed you linked, I think this is simply brilliant.

'I have HIV and still donate blood. If people are so bigoted against it, they should have not lost so much blood in the first place'.

If one can't see this as satire, I will question anyone's sanity at that point.

This is a bit related to the SJW insanity that is infiltrating the West. Take a look at Stormfront or SJW on reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/StormfrontorSJW/. Each thread has a sentence from either a neo-nazi from Stormfront or a SJW with a few words removed and you have to guess if the sentence came from a Stormfronter or a SJW.

I certainly can't tell. I tried 15 of them and only got 7 correct.

I found this immensely funny, but other people probably won't understand the full context.

Apparently, the Social Justice Warrior (SJW) infiltration of the mainstream media has gotten to the point where the BBC has now achieved Poe's Law.

Poe's Law: "Without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between an expression of sincere extremism and a parody of extremism [by other extremists]."

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Poe%27s_Law

So I'll give some context, an 20 year old British male from York by the name of Godfrey Elfwick created a parody twitter account of Social Justice Warriors. https://twitter.com/godfreyelfwick

Godfrey's twitter profile describes Godfrey as a "Demisexual genderqueer Muslim Atheist. Literal good guy. Itinerant jongleur. Pronouns are Xir, Xirs Xirself. Filters life through the lens of minority issues."

If that isn't obvious enough of a parody, I'll list some of the tweets by Godfrey:

"Don't want to be labelled a rapist? Then respect women's boundaries and remember that consent can be revoked at any time. Even after sex."

"Remember #FreeSpeech and #HateSpeech are synonymous. Your right to offend stops at my right to not be offended."

"It's a sad fact that as a trans-black person I suffer worse bigotry and abuse than most other black people. #Racism #WrongSkin"

"I used to identify as #atheist as I don't believe in God but when I saw how racist the movement has become I converted to moderate Islam."

"I was born white but realized later in life that I was #WrongSkin and transitioned mentally to black."

"I have #HIV and I still donate blood. If people are too bigoted to accept it then they shouldn't have lost so much in the first place."

"Universities should be places where the correct topics are discussed with the correct people in the correct environment. #Feminism"

"If you're a straight man and you don't find #BruceJenner sexually attractive since he became a woman you're transphobic"

"Men will be men. Thank god I'm a transwoman so it doesn't apply to me."

Anyway, the BBC's Angela Sheeran saw one of Godfrey's tweets:

"I've never actually seen #StarWars but the fact that the bad guy was all black and ate watermelons was unbelievably racist even for the 70's"

And believing that Godfrey is a SJW with the 'correct opinion' (and unable to distinguish between parody and a true believe of SJWism), she invites him (or should I say xir?) onto her show to discuss the recent star wars trailer. Here is a brief clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EabGCJ9rm4w

The full 'interview' is 8 minutes long and includes Angela Sheeran rambling on about how Frozen is sexist, terrifying and treats women as sex objects.

Social Justice is serious. This is nonsense.

I would say it falls into the category of social commentary via sarcasm and wit. Kind of like how South Park does it. The Trans-black one is brilliant. It shows how ridiculous we have become as a society. #SorryIamCanadian.

It does a really good job of illustrating just how ridiculous the social justice movement is. Enough of Elfwick's satire is indistinguishable from actual arguments put forth by SJWs that it's easy to see why someone who believes in such lunacy could be so easily trolled by it.

It does a really good job of illustrating just how ridiculous the social justice movement is

Just like Westboro Baptist does a "really good job of illustrating just how ridiculous" Christianity is. I guess if you need things to be extremely black and white to understand them, then it's useful to look at everyone from a particular group as their most radical elements. You know, kind of like a lot of you on this forum like to think of the average Muslim as fanatical Jihadists.

It does a really good job of illustrating just how ridiculous the social justice movement is. Enough of Elfwick's satire is indistinguishable from actual arguments put forth by SJWs that it's easy to see why someone who believes in such lunacy could be so easily trolled by it.

It's all straw men.

Can you really tell a fake SJW from a real one? Half the quotes in the OP are pretty damn close to stuff sincere SJWs say or imply.

The phrase "social justice" is inherently an oxymoron anyway. And social justice warriors are called warriors for a reason... they are the zealots of the movement.

Dated a girl who was an SJW for a while... she was nuts.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/joss-whedon-quits-twitter-after-avengers-age-of-ultron-backlash-1.3062196

A prime example of the lunacy of the SJW, these people are just not very smart, and we should stop caring what they think.

Derp

Age of Ultron director Joss Whedon has denied that he closed his Twitter account this week following feminist criticism of his new film, calling the claims “horseshit”.
He told BuzzFeed News that speculation he had left Twitter because feminists criticised his portrayal of Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) in the film had angered him so much he decided to speak out. “Believe me, I have been attacked by militant feminists since I got on Twitter. That’s something I’m used to. Every breed of feminism is attacking every other breed, and every sub-section of liberalism is always busy attacking another sub-section of liberalism, because god forbid they should all band together and actually fight for the cause,” he said.
“I saw someone tweet it’s because Feminist Frequency pissed on Avengers 2, which for all I know they may have. But literally the second person to write me to ask if I was OK when I dropped out was [Feminist Frequency founder] Anita [sarkeesian].”

http://news.nationalpost.com/arts/celebrity/avengers-director-joss-whedon-driven-off-twitter-by-feminists-horses-t So it's not true, except,

“Believe me, I have been attacked by militant feminists since I got on Twitter. That’s something I’m used to. Every breed of feminism is attacking every other breed, and every subsection of liberalism is always busy attacking another subsection of liberalism, because god forbid they should all band together and actually fight for the cause,” He's a feminist, just not feminist enough for the crazies.

http://news.nationalpost.com/arts/celebrity/avengers-director-joss-whedon-driven-off-twitter-by-feminists-horses-t So it's not true, except,

“Believe me, I have been attacked by militant feminists since I got on Twitter. That’s something I’m used to. Every breed of feminism is attacking every other breed, and every subsection of liberalism is always busy attacking another subsection of liberalism, because god forbid they should all band together and actually fight for the cause,” He's a feminist, just not feminist enough for the crazies.

What's your point?