South Carolina Cop Shooting

How not to get shot by police:

1) Don't commit crimes.

2) Don't hang around with people who are committing crimes.

3) If you get detained, don't fight the police.

4) Don't run away from an officer who is trying to arrest you.

Do any combination of those, and you're essentially putting the bullets into your own body.

#4 is against the law for cops.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey and while you're making this point, why not just throw away the Charter of Rights and Freedoms and get rid of the entire court and prison system to save money. Cops can be judge, jury, and executioner in the streets. No need to waste money on trials or judges or incarceration or any of that nonsense.

While that actually does sound like a pretty good idea, that's not what I'm talking about.

What I mean is, who is right is virtually irrelevant in the moment. You can be in the right, but if you make a decision (or lack thereof) to put yourself in grave danger, being right won't make you any less dead if it goes badly for you.

No the assumption is spot on.

The law says he can only shoot whereby immediate danger to life is imminent. He was stopped for a b roken tailight , which in cop speak means to go hassle some one.

So all the evidence the Cop had, and the rules he is to operate under means the gun was not to come out.

So you know for s fact he was shot because he ran away.

While that actually does sound like a pretty good idea

Remind me not to discuss things with you any longer because I tend to make the assumption that I'm dealing with rational people. If you think living in the world of Judge Dredd sounds pretty good, then you're violating that assumption of mine.

While that actually does sound like a pretty good idea, that's not what I'm talking about.

What I mean is, who is right is virtually irrelevant in the moment. You can be in the right, but if you make a decision (or lack thereof) to put yourself in grave danger, being right won't make you any less dead if it goes badly for you.

True, and being shot in the back for nothing is always wrong, i don't think there needs to be any qualifications of what happened, someone was murdered, that's all.

No, he shot him becuase the cop was an idiot with no reason to do so.

Well that was my point. I didn't see anything on that video that warranted the man being shot, so I just wondered why everyone was so sure it was because he ran. The video is very damning but you can be sure there is more to this than just the video.

Remind me not to discuss things with you any longer because I tend to make the assumption that I'm dealing with rational people. If you think living in the world of Judge Dredd sounds pretty good, then you're violating that assumption of mine.

You're the one who made the idiotic suggestion, you might want to take a look in the mirror when you talk about who is or is not acting rationally.

All you know is that he was shot while running away. That doesn't automatically mean it was the reason he was shot.

Really?

Did you watch the video?

Coward cop shot him in the back and planted his stun gun near him.

Cop is fired and charged with murder.

It's not looking good for your theory, whatever it is.

Really?

Did you watch the video?

Coward cop shot him in the back and planted his stun gun near him.

Cop is fired and charged with murder.

It's not looking good for your theory, whatever it is.

I don't have a theory. I just look at the video and see someone being shot in the back while running away. Unlike others, I don't pretend to know why.

What I am saying is that there are other circumstances that could have resulted in him being shot. Assuming it was just because he ran is just that, an assumption.

Assuming it was because he was black is also an assumption.

Look, while i was at the dentist' waiting room I saw these self righteous women on TV today from Toronto. One of them, who was evidently some sort of minority, talked about 'white privilege", and righteously said "I have to tell my sons that if they see a police officer they must be polite and do nothing to appear dangerous or threatening", and suggested white parents don't need to do that. The thought which came to mind was "white parents don't need to because their kids don't generally give the cops any problems". My parents sure as hell never told us that if a cop questioned us we weren't to get snotty or threatening or try to grab their gun or run off. They would simply assume we would behave around cops without such a warning.

All you know is that he was shot while running away. That doesn't automatically mean it was the reason he was shot.

He was shot because he ran away, struggled physically with the cop, which apparently got the cop's testosterone up too high, and then ran away again.

Yes, the cop was an idiot, but guess what, some of them are, which is why you don't provoke them any more than you taunt pitbulls.

Because you don't know whether that was the reason he was shot. We don't know what was going on between the two of them before he ran.

We know he ran, there was a struggle, and then he ran again. We know that had he cooperated, given the unexcited tone of the earlier video from the cop car, he'd probably have been handcuffed and taken in on his outstanding warrant in a very routine fashion. True, as we've seen some cops are morons, which is why, given they're armed morons, you try not to provoke them.

He was shot because he ran away, struggled physically with the cop, which apparently got the cop's testosterone up too high, and then ran away again.

Yes, the cop was an idiot, but guess what, some of them are, which is why you don't provoke them any more than you tauent pitbulls.

All of which is your opinion.

Yes, the cop was an idiot, but guess what, some of them are, which is why you don't provoke them any more than you taunt pitbull

There wasn't much thinking going on either side, but police officers have training, and while i dont think the victim thought it through, as in, 'if i run away he won't shoot me in the back' if you have to think about that likelihood just in case he might be a little amped up, and he might gun you down, then something is horribly wrong with the police. Maybe there really is, but i'm more inclined to think this guy is an aberration, we should all hope so.