Canada vs Duffy vs PMO

He wanted a elected senate. And duffy took everyone by surprise,even the opp like him. But then he turned out to be a greedy pig.

yabut... the duffster was Harper's main funding guy... traveling all over Canada... never given a chance to even come home and establish that supposed Ontario residency! :lol:

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rosie Barton's twitter coverage has been great. W=Wright, B=Bayne, D=Duffy

RosieBarton

B you were pissed at D's resistance. W I did not like his approach. B did you say you were pissed. W Have to see police statement#duffy

2015-08-14, 1:48 PM

RosieBarton

W I was persistent in my request for him to do this but Senator D did agree to it. #Duffy

2015-08-14, 1:48 PM

RosieBarton

B:that's why this was forcing someone right? W No not right. #duffy

2015-08-14, 1:50 PM

RosieBarton

B: says D is still hostile to accepting deal on Feb 20 #duffy

2015-08-14, 1:51 PM (This was Bayne reading from the police report)

Edited by cybercoma

He wanted a elected senate. And duffy took everyone by surprise,even the opp like him. But then he turned out to be a greedy pig.

Anyone who takes down Harper isn't such a bad guy after all!

Ya no kidding I'm rootin for the guy!

Man, misery really wants company.

WWWTT

Harper was unusually testy taking questions at his northern stop today. How long can he not answer questions on why others involved in the PMO cover-up were not fired or demoted. This includes his current chief of staff Ray Novak.

We all know about angry Tom, is angry Stephen about to explode?

Good to see the media isn't taking cues from the PMO's office on this one!

Keep nailing the liar until he coughs up!

WWWTT

Harper was unusually testy taking questions at his northern stop today. How long can he not answer questions on why others involved in the PMO cover-up were not fired or demoted. This includes his current chief of staff Ray Novak.

It also includes Sen Marjory LeBreton who is advising his current campaign. Emails that have come out during the trial have shown that she and others were part of the PMO orchestrated scheme to cover their deal with Mike. The emails also show that Harper's senate is far from independent like he claimed during the debate.

http://www.pressprogress.ca/5_conservative_senators_who_conspired_with_the_pmo_to_protect_senator_duffy

It also includes Sen Marjory LeBreton who is advising his current campaign. Emails that have come out during the trial have shown that she and others were part of the PMO orchestrated scheme to cover their deal with Mike.

Let me get this straight. You're accusing senior members of the Conservative Party of trying to do things which might make the party look good to the media and counter the bad publicity Duffy brought!? Really!? I'm shocked! :o

We all know about angry Tom, is angry Stephen about to explode?

He looked pretty close today when Hannah Thibedeau queried him about a Duffy issue. i guess he hoped if he headed to the far north he could ignore the latest hot issue.

Let me get this straight. You're accusing senior members of the Conservative Party of trying to do things which might make the party look good to the media and counter the bad publicity Duffy brought!? Really!? I'm shocked! :o

Do you mean, the bad publicity brought on by illegally giving money to a senator to pay expenses that probably weren't illegal? Yes, I am highlighting the fact that many senior Cons were in on the scandal. I'm also highlighting the fact that the CPC senate is not independent like Harper claims.

Finally, I'm highlighting the fact that Nigel Wright has discussed conversations that he had with Harper about paying off Duffy's expenses...when Harper claims to have had no knowledge of the situation. So if I were to wager on whether the PM is a corrupt liar or just an incompetent manager, the former looks like a safer bet.

That's fine I guess, as long as you're willing to completely ignore reality and context.

Changes in government payments always start in July. And the taxability of these cheques means that they're well means tested.

So is it helping everyone, or is it being taxed back?

You can only give so much to people who don't contribute or pay taxes.

Hyperbole much?

So, according to some people repayment of $90K of allowable although unethical expenses is bad whilst refusal to repay $2.7m of falsely claimed and never allowable expenses is good because in one case it is the CPC and the other it is the NDP.

Doesn't anyone else notice the hypocrisy of it all?

I've read the emails. You left wing ideologues are only good at character assassination

The Duffy trial isn't catching anyone's attention except you desperate HDS .

Oh ok so then Duffy knew the cheque that Wright was giving him was a bribe, so he gets charged.

Wright claims he didn't know, so he doesn't get charged.(does wright claim he didn't know?)

Is that what you are you saying?

WWWTT

How much is it costing? Are trials cheaper by the dozen?

Mac Harb's trial is scheduled for January, then there are these to consider:

Here is a list of Liberal senators currently in trouble:

Liberal senator Rod Zimmer: $176,014 (appointed by Paul Martin, retired)

Marie Charette-Poulin: $131,434 (appointed by Jean Chretien, retired)

Rose-Marie Losier-Cool: $110,000 (appointed by Chretien, retired)

Sandra Lovelace Nicholas: $75,207 (appointed by Martin, sitting)

Nick Sibbeston: $50,102 (appointed by Chretien, sitting)

Colin Kenny: $37,000 (appointed by Pierre Elliott Trudeau, sitting)

Terry Mercer: $29,338 (appointed by Chretien, sitting)

Joe Day: $19,634 (appointed by Chretien, sitting)

Bill Rompkey: $17,292 (appointed by Chretien, retired)

Vivienne Poy: $15,317 (appointed by Chretien, retired)

Robert Peterson: $11,493 (appointed by Martin, retired)

James Cowan: $10,397 (appointed by Martin, sitting)

Elaine McCoy: $10,298 (appointed by Martin, sitting)

Sharon Carstairs: $7,528 (appointed by Chretien, retired)

Pana Merchant: $5,500 (appointed by Chretien, sitting)

Do you mean, the bad publicity brought on by illegally giving money to a senator to pay expenses that probably weren't illegal? Yes, I am highlighting the fact that many senior Cons were in on the scandal.

Well, to begin with, according to the police, Nigel Wright didn't break any laws giving Duff money. So all you are accusing the Tories of doing is engaging in spin doctoring and PR management, which is what every politician at every level and of every political stripe does and has always done.

How much is it costing? Are trials cheaper by the dozen?

Mac Harb's trial is scheduled for January, then there are these to consider:

Here is a list of Liberal senators currently in trouble:

What makes you think I give a RATT"S ASS about those others?

I want to see Harper get roasted with questions after questions after questions in the media!

Go use your debate tactics on someone that's gullible enough to play along!

WWWTT

What makes you think I give a RATT"S ASS about those others?

I want to see Harper get roasted with questions after questions after questions in the media!

Go use your debate tactics on someone that's gullible enough to play along!

WWWTT

I guess you choose to be a stooge of the CBC. I guess you choose to condone corruption.

Well, to begin with, according to the police, Nigel Wright didn't break any laws giving Duff money. So all you are accusing the Tories of doing is engaging in spin doctoring and PR management, which is what every politician at every level and of every political stripe does and has always done.

Interesting that Harper had to lie about his knowledge of the situation then...

Bayne was referring to an interview Wright had with the RCMP, in which Wright was discussing how he told the prime minister about the plan to have Duffy's expenses paid back. (Wright had testified on Wednesday that he never told Harper the plan was to have the Conservative Party fund pay for those expenses.)

In that interview, Wright said he told Harper that "we're asking, basically forcing someone, to repay money that they probably didn't owe."

CBC position on politics:

Liberals and NDP steal millions from taxpayers: no problem.

Conservatives spend their own money: scandal.

What kind of revisionist history is this?

Liberal staff and ambassador fired, Liberal supporters convicted of criminal activity, Liberals voted out of power..... How was this "no problem"?

The NDP's issues are before the courts. As we see this week, being before a court is hardly "no problem".

They ALL got problems.

If you are saying that the CBC did not report on the sponsorship scandal, etc., take a tour through the CBC archives.

Edited by Icebound

To me, this is about the Tories or the PMO tried to cover up some politically wrong doings that make them look bad but , one lawyer did say, if the PMO press Duffy to take the bribe or pay out to get rid of the problem this may be a NEW problem for the Tories. The Tories accused Martin of "not knowing what going on in his own office, well the same applies to THEM!! Just like what happen to Martin, its good bye harper and there's the door!! He lies so easy and Canadian have no confidence in him as PMO, time to go.

To me, this is about the Tories or the PMO tried to cover up some politically wrong doings that make them look bad but , one lawyer did say, if the PMO press Duffy to take the bribe or pay out to get rid of the problem this may be a NEW problem for the Tories. The Tories accused Martin of "not knowing what going on in his own office, well the same applies to THEM!! Just like what happen to Martin, its good bye harper and there's the door!! He lies so easy and Canadian have no confidence in him as PMO, time to go.

Pretty pitiful that the progressives are hanging all their hopes on a trial that is about fraud of a person who was not even in the House of Commons - as if someone giving money back to Canada is a scandal even if the PM did know about it, which I doubt he did. And besides who cares.

What kind of revisionist history is this?

Liberal staff and ambassador fired, Liberal supporters convicted of criminal activity, Liberals voted out of power..... How was this "no problem"?

The NDP's issues are before the courts. As we see this week, being before a court is hardly "no problem".

They ALL got problems.

If you are saying that the CBC did not report on the sponsorship scandal, etc., take a tour through the CBC archives.

Yes, millions, vs $90.000, a fair comparison, the conservatives paid back a bad debt, and tried to hide it, they get roasted, the NDP owes millions, no one talks about it, the Ontario liberals throw away billions, hardly a mention, liberal senators get caught for defrauding us for much more than duffy, you wouldn't even know their names, because it doesn't make the news. This is all fair and unbiased journalism to you? The biggest mistake the CPC has made while governing is not selling off the CBC, piece by piece, there is more than enough privately owned liberally biased media in this country without taxpayers have to support another. O here is another, how much reporting on the CBC about Ontario's 12 billion dollar deficit? While the feds much smaller deficit...well thats big news, even though its spread across the whole country, and not just one province, it's big news because it suits their agenda, and they CBC is long past pretending. The fair use conspiracy they headed against the conservatives was more than enough proof to anyone with a shred of decency and objectivity.