The last national leaders’ debate on women’s issues was in 1984.

How does involving everyone in a discussion bury an issue. Womens issues are issues that affect all of us.

Because men like you always want to take over and dominate, and tell women what they 'should' wear, think, do and feel.

Edited by jacee

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because men like you always want to take over and dominate, and tell women what they 'should' wear, think, do and feel.

I want to have an open dicussion that involves everyone. There aren't very many issues (if any) that only effect one gender. Your attempts to turn what I'm saying into bigotry aren't very well thought out.

I want to have an open dicussion that involves everyone. There aren't very many issues (if any) that only effect one gender.

Well you go ahead and do that.

Others want a forum focusing on women's issues.

Are you trying to deny their right to do that?

Edited by jacee

Well you go ahead and do that.

Others want a forum focusing on women's issues.

Are you trying to deny their right to do that?

I have an opinion, and I stated it. You have one, and you stated it. I was always under the impression that that was allowed. Are you trying to deny my right to free speech (see how that works)?

I have an opinion, and I stated it. You have one, and you stated it. I was always under the impression that that was allowed. Are you trying to deny my right to free speech (see how that works)?

You are free to speak freely but as a man, your opinions on women's issues don't carry much weight, of course. You are free to express your opinions, but anything sounding like you are demanding, insisting forcing or imposing your will on women is very suspect.

And women are free to have a national debate on women's issues.

Are we good? :)

Edited by jacee

Now you're getting it. When the Native Issues debate comes up you won't need to encourage that either. Make sure you let the pollster who calls who else you're not encouraging too.

What...exactly...are you talking about?

It doesn't matter. If women want to have a national forum for women, they are free to.

We don't have to justify or explain it to men.

Really not men's business.

Then don't expect male party leaders to attend.

What...exactly...are you talking about?

You were clamouring that your opinion was being stifled. It was explained to you it was not, but your opinion of denying others of a request seemed stifling. I merely pointed out your non-encouragement of said ideas was appropriate rather than your stated goal of denial.

Apparently they are separate debates. We still don't have 'subsidized or universal daycare', an inquiry into domestic violence against women, especially aboriginal women and other critical issues that affect women.

I'm still not sure I understand your point here.

These are issues that effect us all. Not just women. To say daycare is only a woman's issue is sexist.Men stay home and look after their children as well. To say men don't care about domestic violence is also sexist because I am a man and despise the coward individuals that would abuse their spouse. The disappearance of aboriginal women is a crime against us all. These girls have Brothers, Fathers and Men in their lives that mourn them. The crimes are a crime against society. It is an issue that is being ignored and the fact it is being ignored is not just a woman's issue but a issue for all Canadians.

It's great to see so many members here who are just as passionate about these issues as women. To show your support and solidarity with women, why not contact your local MP and encourage federal participation in this 'national leaders debate'. We have not progressed very much since 1984 and if we can get a National Debate to further progress these issues, who cares who initiates it. If it's women who organize the debate, who cares! At least we are all working towards the same results for everyone.

Isn't this what some of you men are saying. These issues affect us all. So, put your money where your mouth is.

Edited by WestCoastRunner

It's great to see so many members here who are just as passionate about these issues as women. To show your support and solidarity with women, why not contact your local MP and encourage federal participation in this 'national leaders debate'. We have not progressed very much since 1984 and if we can get a National Debate to further progress these issues, who cares who initiates it. If it's women who organize the debate, who cares! At least we are all working towards the same results for everyone.

Isn't this what some of you men are saying. These issues affect us all. So, put your money where your mouth is.

I am all saving women from the abusive men they annoy. Why are we having a debate about this?

We all ready have free daycare in Ontario. It is called school.

Now the native women missing. Yes that is a cause we are not doing enough for

I am all saving women from the abusive men they annoy. Why are we having a debate about this?

We all ready have free daycare in Ontario. It is called school.

Now the native women missing. Yes that is a cause we are not doing enough for

Do you honestly think these are the only issues women face? And why are we debating this? Because we are so far behind in addressing these issues. Have you read or done any research on issues affecting women?

I am all saving women from the abusive men they annoy.

I almost let this slip by. I'm not paying attention!

So, you are saying that women being abused is all their fault? Because they are annoying some male person? Perhaps they are not annoying the men. Perhaps the men are just criminals.

Edited by WestCoastRunner

Do you honestly think these are the only issues women face? And why are we debating this? Because we are so far behind in addressing these issues. Have you read or done any research on issues affecting women?

Was using your examples.

The premier of Ontario is a woman.

The EXVP of the company I work for is a woman.

I do not judge a person by their see but by their ability.

I don't see woman's issues as an issue because I see woman as human beings. Some are smarter than me and have no problem taking orders or advice from a woman in a superior position. (no pun intended)

It is not an issue for me because I see everyday more and more men are seeing it that way as well. World changes but it is not overnight. To say things have not changed since 1984 is more than a little naive and selfish.

Was using your examples.

The premier of Ontario is a woman.

The EXVP of the company I work for is a woman.

I do not judge a person by their see but by their ability.

I don't see woman's issues as an issue because I see woman as human beings. Some are smarter than me and have no problem taking orders or advice from a woman in a superior position. (no pun intended)

It is not an issue for me because I see everyday more and more men are seeing it that way as well. World changes but it is not overnight. To say things have not changed since 1984 is more than a little naive and selfish.

Then don't concern yourself.

Then don't concern yourself.

You were discussing changing the national debate. I believe there are bigger issues that affect everyone.

That and I agreed with some of the other posts that were up and disagreed with how they were treated. So I posted my opinion.

I almost let this slip by. I'm not paying attention!

So, you are saying that women being abused is all their fault? Because they are annoying some male person? Perhaps they are not annoying the men. Perhaps the men are just criminals.

I just couldn't help myself.