Who will get 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination?

2016 Republican Presidential Nominee  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So you indeed challenged me......which is actually funny.

Why do you want me to give numbers for these supporters? In this particular case.....WHAT FOR?

again, you were the one that emphasized (bold highlighted) the Hispanic population percentage of the rally city - and you followed that up with a demographics related link. There's a reason you presumed to highlight/identify Hispanics - yes? Why you actually created another thread, "Do Latinos Really Hate Trump"... and you also flogged the Nevada state results there just as you're doing here.

so yes, I challenged you to step-up and speak to the Hispanic support you claim/imply Trump holds... and as I did that I put forward for your edification the latest representative U.S. National poll of Hispanic voters that clearly shows you're fabricating just as well as Trump is! So what do you come back with? Why you drop this lil' nugget about "Silent Trump supporters"! :lol:

again, you weren't misquoted; your exact words were quoted.

Furthermore, you've insisted to compare Trump to Romney, and yet you ignored my response to you

no - let me say it again... perhaps it just might register with you - finally! I related the Hispanic vote percentage for GWBush and for Romney. I emphasized the importance of the Hispanic vote in the U.S. general election, speaking directly to the 2012 results analysis of the Romney election defeat the Republican National Committee performed... highlighting that the only way they could expect a Republican to get elected U.S. President in 2016 is if Hispanic support was significantly increased beyond the level Romney realized. As I said, enter Trump and the abysmal support he has with U.S. Hispanics.

ya, Trump stated! And low-information types got suckered by it. That whole Trump bluster over the Nevada Hispanic vote has been so busted many times over! Although it's in your own provided link, it's not stated directly so you obviously had difficulty deciphering what was actually stated in your linked article. Here, try mine - enjoy:

First, the Nevada GOP caucuses were closed to people not already registered as Republicans -- that means Trump won the subset of Latino voters who were already Republicans. What's more, according to the entrance polls, just 8% of the voters taking part in the GOP caucuses said they were Latinos.
The full sample size of voters captured by the polls was 1,573. That means Trump's claim that he is "No. 1 with Hispanics" is based on about 125 registered Republicans.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again, you were the one that emphasized (bold highlighted) the Hispanic population percentage of the rally city - and you followed that up with a demographics related link. There's a reason you presumed to highlight/identify Hispanics - yes? Why you actually created another thread, "Do Latinos Really Hate Trump"... and you also flogged the Nevada state results there just as you're doing here.

so yes, I challenged you to step-up and speak to the Hispanic support you claim/imply Trump holds... and as I did that I put forward for your edification the latest representative U.S. National poll of Hispanic voters that clearly shows you're fabricating just as well as Trump is! So what do you come back with? Why you drop this lil' nugget about "Silent Trump supporters"! :lol:

again, you weren't misquoted; your exact words were quoted.

no - let me say it again... perhaps it just might register with you - finally! I related the Hispanic vote percentage for GWBush and for Romney. I emphasized the importance of the Hispanic vote in the U.S. general election, speaking directly to the 2012 results analysis of the Romney election defeat the Republican National Committee performed... highlighting that the only way they could expect a Republican to get elected U.S. President in 2016 is if Hispanic support was significantly increased beyond the level Romney realized. As I said, enter Trump and the abysmal support he has with U.S. Hispanics.

ya, Trump stated! And low-information types got suckered by it. That whole Trump bluster over the Nevada Hispanic vote has been so busted many times over! Although it's in your own provided link, it's not stated directly so you obviously had difficulty deciphering what was actually stated in your linked article. Here, try mine - enjoy:

Never mind the analysis by pundits! If that's the case, you'd think that either one of the two Hispanic candidates would've

won Nevada.

WHO WON BIG TIME IN NEVADA?

I'm telling you, it isn't far-fetched to think that there are SILENT Hispanic Trump supporters. There are those who agree with Trump's policy, but couldn't come out openly since they wouldn't want to be seen supporting an "anti-Mexican," "racist" Trump.

Furthermore, some fear the backlash against them (as stated in that article by one Latino Trump supporter).

Trump - with his WALL, ,and war on drugs - will be going against the cartel and other Mexican-run gangs in the US!

Who can blame any Hispanic who'd be mum about supporting Trump?

That's not far-fetched. That's a logical analysis. :)

Still, bringing up Romney in comparison, is irrelevant!

Edited by betsy

Never mind the analysis by pundits! If that's the case, you'd think that either one of the two Hispanic candidates would've

won Nevada.

WHO WON BIG TIME IN NEVADA?

:lol: again: "The full sample size of voters captured by the polls was 1,573. That means Trump's claim that he is "No. 1 with Hispanics" is based on about 125 registered Republicans." That's huuuuuuuge!

and, again, you fail to provide any numbers that speak to the National Hispanic support (or lack thereof) for Trump. Clearly you don't like the recent polling numbers I brought forward that highlight the abysmal Hispanic support Trump has... in spite of his lies/fabrications... that you perpetuate. Here, have another: a WAPO/Univision poll showed 8 out of 10 Hispanics hold an unfavourable view of Trump.

I'm telling you, it isn't far-fetched to think that there are SILENT Hispanic Trump supporters. There are those who agree with Trump's policy, but couldn't come out openly since they wouldn't want to be seen supporting an "anti-Mexican," "racist" Trump.

Furthermore, some fear the backlash against them (as stated in that article by one Latino Trump supporter).

Trump - with his WALL, ,and war on drugs - will be going against the cartel and other Mexican-run gangs in the US!

Who can blame any Hispanic who'd be mum about supporting Trump?

That's not far-fetched. That's a logical analysis. :)

yes - it's the kind of "logical analysis" brought forward by those who can't accept Trump has little Hispanic support... from those who can't seem to provide any real numbers that speak to their presumed National Hispanic support for Trump! Do you think polling companies take the names of those surveyed and provide the names of those with negative views toward Trump, of those who plan not to vote for Trump... to the "cartel... to Mexican-run gangs in the U.S.? Oh my!

Still, bringing up Romney in comparison, is irrelevant!

it's very relevant... read accounts of the Republican National Committee's postmortem review of the 2012 election defeat.

again: "I related the Hispanic vote percentage for GWBush and for Romney. I emphasized the importance of the Hispanic vote in the U.S. general election, speaking directly to the 2012 results analysis of the Romney election defeat the Republican National Committee performed... highlighting that the only way they could expect a Republican to get elected U.S. President in 2016 is if Hispanic support was significantly increased beyond the level Romney realized. As I said, enter Trump and the abysmal support he has with U.S. Hispanics."

:lol: again: "The full sample size of voters captured by the polls was 1,573. That means Trump's claim that he is "No. 1 with Hispanics" is based on about 125 registered Republicans." That's huuuuuuuge!

and, again, you fail to provide any numbers that speak to the National Hispanic support (or lack thereof) for Trump. Clearly you don't like the recent polling numbers I brought forward that highlight the abysmal Hispanic support Trump has... in spite of his lies/fabrications... that you perpetuate. Here, have another: a WAPO/Univision poll showed 8 out of 10 Hispanics hold an unfavourable view of Trump.

yes - it's the kind of "logical analysis" brought forward by those who can't accept Trump has little Hispanic support... from those who can't seem to provide any real numbers that speak to their presumed National Hispanic support for Trump! Do you think polling companies take the names of those surveyed and provide the names of those with negative views toward Trump, of those who plan not to vote for Trump... to the "cartel... to Mexican-run gangs in the U.S.? Oh my!

it's very relevant... read accounts of the Republican National Committee's postmortem review of the 2012 election defeat.

again: "I related the Hispanic vote percentage for GWBush and for Romney. I emphasized the importance of the Hispanic vote in the U.S. general election, speaking directly to the 2012 results analysis of the Romney election defeat the Republican National Committee performed... highlighting that the only way they could expect a Republican to get elected U.S. President in 2016 is if Hispanic support was significantly increased beyond the level Romney realized. As I said, enter Trump and the abysmal support he has with U.S. Hispanics."

:rolleyes:

whatever.

Edited by betsy

anyways!

I accept your capitulation and unconditional surrender! :lol:

Waldo.... Betsy says don't worry about analysis and numbers... (too much math?... I don't know...)

She's going with her gut! And her gut says Trump is loved by Hispanic voters everywhere (the quiet ones) despite that every poll, every analysis and any way that people have looked at the issue says the opposite!

Trump's Hispanic support is growing, mostly for the same reasons as any other American voter who begins to lean his way.

"Any person who has the audacity or the guts to cross the border is committing an illegal activity. When Trump says that he is for legal immigration, and not for illegal immigration, that wins my vote. Would you prefer to live right next to somebody who is illegal or someone who is doing things by the book? The safety and security of this nation is really what attracted me [to Trump] as a Latino and as an American. He’s talking about border security.

http://www.ibtimes.com/donald-trumps-latinos-voters-talk-about-why-theyre-supporting-his-presidential-bid-2332400

Cruz has lost again and has quit. Most media outlets consider that Trump cannot be stopped from becoming the Republican Candidate. Perhaps it is wishful thinking but I still believe that Trump will be that rep.

I have been following politics in USA and Canada for many years and cannot remember a similar situation. There are $billions of Republican dollars which are still ready to see Trump disappear.

yes - I selected part of a quote that I wanted to respond to.

And it shows you didn't understand what you'd read! And, you're still not getting it. :)

What sensible person on earth would demand stats from someone who's simply musing, and giving an assumptive opinion? It's not like as if the assumption is baseless, either. There were accompanying articles which you'd completely ignored.

If you want to argue about anything, you should've read and tackled the articles.

That would've been the sensible thing to do.

Whether it's a polite request or an outright so-called challenge.......

I wouldn't be surprised if there are SILENT Hispanic Trump supporters, who prefer to remain invisible for obvious reason.

.........wanting to know the stat numbers for an ASSUMPTION, is laughable.

Waldo asked: What's the number? Doh? What do you mean, "what's the number?"

If I'm so stupid enough to assume and pull a number out of thin air......how will you respond to that?

How do you respond to an assumption? To a musing? What, you're going to debate with that? :lol:

Edited by betsy

And it shows you didn't understand what you'd read! And, you're still not getting it. :)

.........wanting to know the stat numbers for an ASSUMPTION, is laughable.

Waldo asked: What's the number? Doh? What do you mean, "what's the number?"

If I'm so stupid enough to assume and pull a number out of thin air......how will you respond to that?

How do you respond to an assumption? To a musing? What, you're going to debate with that? :lol:

talk about "not understanding what YOU read"! :lol: I didn't ask you for any 'stat numbers' relative to your ASSUMPTION (sic)... I only laughed/mocked you over your "silent Hispanic Trump supporters'. You know, because you dropped that little gem instead of providing a response to what I actually questioned/challenged you on. These following posts clearly outline the timing of you being questioned/challenged well before your silly reach to what you call, "your assumption... your musing", over "the silent ones"!

no - in the context provided, the Romney Hispanic vote, in defeat, is most relevant. The Republican National Committee acknowledged this to the point of emphasizing the importance of winning back the Hispanic vote in 2016. Trumps alienation of the Hispanic vote is not that, "winning back the Hispanic vote".

you speak of "Hispanic Trump supporters"! I provided a most representative (and recent) national poll in that regard; again, in regards Hispanic voters: Trump has an 87% unfavourable rating; that in a comparative Clinton versus Trump vote, Trump received a mere 11% of the votes as compared to 76% for Clinton. I look forward to you bringing forward info/data that speaks to actual numbers of your stated, "Hispanic Trump supporters". Note: please don't perpetuate further Trump lies should you presume to supply that info/data - yes?

The election always comes down to a small handful of swing states that decide the election. It's an electoral college remember. The vast majority of states either never change parties or often don't.

Yes, and the enormous degree to which senate and congressional seats are gerrymandered means most of those never change hands either.

talk about "not understanding what YOU read"! :lol: I didn't ask you for any 'stat numbers' relative to your ASSUMPTION (sic)... I only laughed/mocked you over your "silent Hispanic Trump supporters'. You know, because you dropped that little gem instead of providing a response to what I actually questioned/challenged you on. These following posts clearly outline the timing of you being questioned/challenged well before your silly reach to what you call, "your assumption... your musing", over "the silent ones"!

I've responded to that! Romney is irrelevant!

You provided some polls - and I made a logical assumption (BASED ON THE ARTICLE "ME GUSTA TRUMP), which you deliberately ignored - that it wouldn't be surprising at all to have SILENT Hispanic Trump supporters.

There are those who fear repercussions from being a Trump supporter.

You're completely relying on those polls. Polls can be wrong.

Furthermore, those past polls are polls of that past! They're nothing more than a snapshot of that moment!

As an example, just look at what happened to a couple of past elections in Canada! The results were not consistent with the polls!

Hispanics are regular people - if you look past their ethnicity! What is important to you can also be important to them!

"I don't think Cuban, I think American," said former Hialeah Mayor Julio Martinez, who, for two weeks, has held a Trump campaign sign outside an early voting site just blocks from where Rubio last week implored Hispanics to vote for him in Tuesday's presidential primary.

Perched in a lawn chair outside the John F. Kennedy Library, holding a "The Silent Majority Stands with Trump" sign, Martinez said he was backing Trump because there was "nobody better suited" to fixing the economy.

Martinez said he'd even persuaded his wife, Xiomara, to back Trump. She's been a citizen for two decades, though she was in the United States illegally for a time with a lapsed Nicaraguan visa.

"She said at the beginning, 'What are you doing? He's too rough on immigration,' " Martinez said.

"I told her, 'You walk into the house and someone is sitting on your couch, what do you do? You call the police. That is what he is saying.'

She voted for Donald Trump three days ago."

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/stateroundup/in-florida-donald-trump-finds-some-support-among-hispanic-republicans/2269150

You think similar rationale doesn't play in other Hispanics' minds? They can change their position, too!

There isn't anything to argue about what I assumed.

You're trying to make something out of nothing - and it's reflecting badly on you (especially when it's already been explained to you). Your irrational persistence suggests that you've got an inability to grasp.

Case closed.

Edited by betsy

Case closed.

so you keep saying! Let's recap: you failed big-time in putting forward that wildly inflated Trump rally number; you failed big-time in parroting a failed analysis for that "trumped-up" Trump Hispanic vote in Nevada; you failed big-time in not recognizing the significance of the U.S. National Hispanic vote in the U.S. general election vis-a-vis past election results; you failed big-time in not being able to counter the U.S. National Hispanic polling I put forward; you failed big-time in not being able to support your claim concerning U.S. National Hispanic support for Trump; you failed big-time in suggesting I questioned/challenged you for numbers related to your declared "assumption/musing" on "silent Hispanic support" rather than the question/challenges put to you well before your wild reach for "the silent".

you failed... big-time. Thanks for playing! Case still closed?

The leader of the Republican Party appears to accept the fact that Trump might be the candidate and is encouraging Republicans tto unite under their rep. I do not see a lot of enthusiasm going in that direction. Besides Christie, has anybody of note jumped to kiss Trumps behind yet?

It will be interesting to see the reactions from the McCain's, Bush's and the other philosophical leaders of the Republicans.

How many of those Republican Senators and Congressmen who are up for re-election going to line up behind Trump?

Trump will bring out certain economists, military leaders, medical professionals and other respected people who will serve to sort out his ideas in ways that laymen can understand and other republicans can get behind. This will provide an easy transition for politicians who were against Trump to suddenly get on board.

Trump will bring out certain economists, military leaders, medical professionals and other respected people who will serve to sort out his ideas in ways that laymen can understand and other republicans can get behind. This will provide an easy transition for politicians who were against Trump to suddenly get on board.

I assume then that you believe that the Trump doctrines problems are clarity and explanation based.

What about the concrete suggestions like dump NAFTA, build that wall between USA and Mexico and deport 17 million Hispanics? What clarity of message could change that?

I assume then that you believe that the Trump doctrines problems are clarity and explanation based.

What about the concrete suggestions like dump NAFTA, build that wall between USA and Mexico and deport 17 million Hispanics? What clarity of message could change that?

If you watch a complete Trump rally speech, you'll find all those have been well-explained!

Don't rely on news clips on tv - they edited most of his speech and taken his message out of context.

• 3 months later...

He just brought one quality professional in, Kellyann Conway, but balanced it with a piece of gutter sleaze, Ken Bannon. He goes schizophrenic on using quality people.