Who will get 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination?

2016 Republican Presidential Nominee  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omg, the New York Times continues to hold Rubio accountable!

But at the same time, he splurged on an extravagant purchase: $80,000 for a luxury speedboat, state records show.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/10/us/politics/marco-rubio-finances-debt-loans-credit.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=1

His luxury speedboat turns out to be a fishing boat...

But while Rubio did indeed spend $80,000 on a boat, the vessel in question is not the glamorous "luxury speedboat" the Times article portrayed. It is, in fact, an offshore fishing boat.

On Tuesday, Rubio spokesperson Alex Conant sent POLITICO a link to a website showing the make and model of the boat Rubio owns: an EdgeWater 245CC Deep-V Center Console. The manufacturer, Edgewater, notes that the boat is perfect for "safety-minded family boaters and avid anglers." In a place like Miami, home to billionaires and stars who have multimillion-dollar yachts, an $80,000 luxury boat can seem like a contradiction.

But while Rubio did indeed spend $80,000 on a boat, the vessel in question is not the glamorous "luxury speedboat" the Times article portrayed. It is, in fact, an offshore fishing boat.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2015/06/rubios-luxury-speedboat-is-a-fishing-boat-208515.html

The Times really has a hardon for Rubio. They must view him as the biggest threat to their girl Hillary.

Edited by Shady

Omg, the New York Times continues to hold Rubio accountable!

But at the same time, he splurged on an extravagant purchase: $80,000 for a luxury speedboat, state records show.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/10/us/politics/marco-rubio-finances-debt-loans-credit.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=1

His luxury speedboat turns out to be a fishing boat...

So what? To my mind Rubio is a guy who has no money and yet spends it on unnecessary things anyway. Not exactly a guy to be preaching to the government about balancing its books.

I see that 7 people voted for Bush but what I'm hearing on two different Republican radio shows, he's the last person they want. They know the family of rumours of a corrupt family and his views on the Mexicans in the US and GW didn't do him any favours as President either. I guess it will down who has control over the software on the voting machines.

So what? To my mind Rubio is a guy who has no money and yet spends it on unnecessary things anyway. Not exactly a guy to be preaching to the government about balancing its books.

How does he spend money on unnecessary things? He's paid off his student loans, but still has a mortgage. He can't buy a fishing boat? I don't get it. And because he buys a fishing boat, he can't talk about or "preach" anything about government spending? That's pretty absurd.

So you're saying he's just a liar who caters to crazy people?

Not at all. If you followed the details of what he said you'd be better informed. He thinks parents should have some say. Like staggering different vaccinations. But in this ridiculous 24/7 cable news environment, and this hyper-sensitive outrage culture, people have to offended by something that's not 100% politically correct.

I see that 7 people voted for Bush but what I'm hearing on two different Republican radio shows, he's the last person they want. They know the family of rumours of a corrupt family and his views on the Mexicans in the US and GW didn't do him any favours as President either.

The "Tea Party" types believe that Bush is too moderate and that they need to nominate a hard-core right-winger like Ted Cruz if they want to win the 2016 election.

The Tea Partyists are a small but very loud segment of the Republican party. Even though you hear a lot from these people you shouldn't assume that their views represent the party as a whole.

-k

Not at all. If you followed the details of what he said you'd be better informed. He thinks parents should have some say. Like staggering different vaccinations. But in this ridiculous 24/7 cable news environment, and this hyper-sensitive outrage culture, people have to offended by something that's not 100% politically correct.

So he didn't say I have heard of many tragic cases of walking, talking normal children who wound up with profound mental disorders after vaccines.

An astute complaint from Kelly McParland on the Republican field of candidates.

Why do they run? For the joy of a return to the spotlight? For a chance to get something off their chest? Because they just can’t accept that American voters would fail to appreciate their unique gifts? It’s a bit unnerving that, after two defeats by Barack Obama and seven years to plan for a rematch, the best U.S. conservatives can produce is another Bush, who, like Romney, could well triumph despite a clear lack of enthusiasm among fellow Republicans. “Jeb Bush, least-worst candidate” isn’t much of a banner to hang a campaign on.

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/kelly-mcparland-after-seven-years-of-obama-jeb-bush-is-the-best-the-republicans-can-do

I just watched Donald Trump take 45 minutes to announce his running for President of the United States. I have been following North American politics for over 60 years and I have to admit that I have never heard of an announcement similar to Donald Trumps. This is the most bizarre, rambling, incoherent, bigoted, and ridiculous speech that could come from someone purporting to be qualified to become president.

Donald Trump has managed to make all those other Republicans appear as moderates.

God Bless America!

God Help America!

Apparently, the Republican brand attracts radioactive clowns... with the shortest half-life (double entendre) belonging to one Donald Trump:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2015/06/17/trumps-mexican-rapists-will-keep-the-republican-party-out-of-the-white-house/

Donald Trump’s ‘Mexican rapists’ rhetoric will keep the Republican Party out of the White House

In the 45-minute “festival of narcissism” that was Donald Trump’s rambling presidential announcement, one particularly nasty passage proved him to be a menace to the Republican Party. It was the one about Mexican immigrants.

The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems. [Applause] Thank you. It’s true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

That plays well with many far-right Republican primary voters desperately clinging to an America that no longer exists. But such rhetoric is the death knell for the GOP — and the party knows it. The Republican autopsy of its thumping in the 2012 presidential elections was blunt in its self-assessment. “Asked to describe Republicans,” the report notes on page 8, “[focus group attendees] said that the Party is scary,’ ‘narrow minded,’ and ‘out of touch’ and that we were a Party of ‘stuffy old men.’ Sounds like Trump.

He's a toxic cleanup case for the GOP, but a gift to those of us who laugh at late-night talk show jokes.

Yeah but the scary part is, what if the Koch bros decided to support him too and the next thing the bozo is in the WH.

He won't get near the White House unless he puts his money down to take a tour. He's putting down a few pennies (to him) to get in the limelight and bray like an egotistical ass. It's a hobby with him, but he's not a serious candidate.

we-shall-overcomb.jpg

This is pretty much the extent of how much I actually care about what happens in the #2 economy!

It all boils down to "entertainment value" now.

I really hope that this guy that declared bankruptcy 5 times wins the nomination to run against Bernie Sanders for the chance to oversee the #2 economy become the #3 economy!

Funny how the elite all line up for the opportunity to be at the helm of the Titanic!

:lol:

WWWTT