Who will get 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination?

2016 Republican Presidential Nominee  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Republican primaries, there'll be two kinds of candidates. There'll be mainstream candidates (or "establishment" candidates in the opinion of the Tea Partyists)... guys like Jeb Bush and Chris Christie. And there'll be the ultra-conservative favorites (or "grassroots" candidates, in the opinion of the Tea Party), guys like Ted Cruz and Rand Paul and maybe Mike Huckabee if he decides to run again. And there'll also be guys like Marco Rubio and Bobby Jindal and Scott Walker who if they run will be trying to bridge the gap... courting the ultra-conservatives while trying to appear mainstream at the same time.

Kimmy, as a Canadian, you should know "full well" what there will be; there will be two kinds of US presidential candidates: those who talk about health care, and then those who talk about health care.

In Canada, health care is a provincial jurisdiction but even Harper is prepping about health care for the debates....

====

Lincoln worried about the Union of the States. But Obama has moved the goal posts. After Obama, all future US presidential candidates will have to talk about health care.

You're American? Trust me. I'm Canadian and I know your future. Your politicians will forever talk about health care, health spending, hospital budgets, super hospitals...

Edited by August1991

Maybe if people talk about healthcare, then at some point something will be done to improve it. Canada and US have different problems, but they both should be talked about. Why not ?

In my family, we often talk about what to eat for dinner. Unfortunately, I have noticed that "if people talk" too much, there is no food on the table.

In my family, we often talk about what to eat for dinner. Unfortunately, I have noticed that "if people talk" too much, there is no food on the table.

Well, we HAVE food but it's not a great menu. But point taken, and that's why I said "maybe". Kind of like "maybe" if the Leafs lose games forever, the fans will finally demand a change. "Maybe".

Reading a bio of RB Bennett, it was interesting to read that at that time, it was hopeless that Alberta would elect anything except a Liberal MP. So, things do change somehow.

• 1 month later...

Uh oh. The New York Times has uncovered some pretty bad dirt on Marco Rubio. He's had 4 traffic tickets since 1997!

Senator Marco Rubio has been in a hurry to get to the top, rising from state legislator to United States senator in the span of a decade and now running for president at age 44.

But politics is not the only area where Mr. Rubio, a Republican from Florida, has an affinity for the fast track. He and his wife, Jeanette, have also shown a tendency to be in a rush on the road.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/06/05/marco-rubio-and-his-wife-cited-17-times-for-traffic-infractions-2/?smid=tw-share&_r=1

How ever will he survive this new scandal?!

Wowzers. Would Americans vote for a known speeder?

Meanwhile, Donald Trump has apparently made his decision!! (!!!!!) but he won't tell us what it is until later this month. I am sure everyone is anticipating what a monumental effect this political juggernaut could have on the campaign!!! (!!!!!) :rolleyes:

I imagine folks at the RNC are facepalming at the prospect of this bozo turning the campaign for the nomination into an even bigger circus.

-k

The fun part would be the obvious entertainment value of this bozo stumping around the campaign trail. The scary part is, coupled with Koch Bros. bucks, he could win.

Who's a bozo? Are you just trolling again?

Wowzers. Would Americans vote for a known speeder?

Meanwhile, Donald Trump has apparently made his decision!! (!!!!!) but he won't tell us what it is until later this month. I am sure everyone is anticipating what a monumental effect this political juggernaut could have on the campaign!!! (!!!!!) :rolleyes:

I imagine folks at the RNC are facepalming at the prospect of this bozo turning the campaign for the nomination into an even bigger circus.

-k

I think you're right. The only positive is that he won't have enough support in the polls to qualify for actual debates.

I think you're right. The only positive is that he won't have enough support in the polls to qualify for actual debates.

Don't be so sure:

Both Fox News and CNN have said that only the top-10 finishers will earn spots in their premier debates, though CNN will hold a second grouping of candidates who meet the minimum threshold of 1 percent in public polling but are ranked outside the top 10. If based solely on the Quinnipiac poll, the next five contestants to make the top 10, in descending order, would be: Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, real estate mogul Donald Trump, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and either Ohio Gov. John Kasich or businesswoman Carly Fiorina, who tie with 2% each.

and

Real estate mogul Donald Trump fell near the middle of more than a dozen potential Republican presidential candidates in the latest poll that asked members of the party who they would support in a hypothetical election.

The reality TV star and Dr. Ben Carson both earned 7% in a Monmouth University poll released on Monday that questioned Republican voters about next year’s presidential election. They came out on top of Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul (6%), and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, and former Texas Gov. Rick Perry (5%).

I wouldn't count the Donald out, he'd have no chance in the National election, but I feel has more credibility than Cruz or Paul........I'm surprised how far Christie has fallen...........

Regardless, I don't see how the GOP won't have a Bush/ and one of Kasich-Walker-Rice-Rubio on the ticket in 2016.....

The fun part would be the obvious entertainment value of this bozo stumping around the campaign trail. The scary part is, coupled with Koch Bros. bucks, he could win.

No, the scary party is he's only a little more of a bozo than most of the rest of the field of candidates.

Nah...party wise...they are no scarier than the usual collection of clowns running in Canada. At least the Americans will get more choices.

Nah...I don't think any of the clowns up here think that global warming is a conspiracy created by scientists to destroy America, or that the planet is only 9k years old, and was actually created in 6 days. Have a happy tea party!

Looks like about 15 now in the Republican race. I never thought that I would say so but Rand Paul - especially his proposed foreign policy - appears to be the most sane. He is still insignificant but his few numbers are not dropping, the are slowly creeping up. The rest of the field is trying to dismiss him because they do not want to debate his views on American involvement in the Middle East.

At the moment he is viewed as a maverick showboat but I hope he stays in and gains support.

Looks like about 15 now in the Republican race. I never thought that I would say so but Rand Paul - especially his proposed foreign policy - appears to be the most sane. He is still insignificant but his few numbers are not dropping, the are slowly creeping up. The rest of the field is trying to dismiss him because they do not want to debate his views on American involvement in the Middle East.

At the moment he is viewed as a maverick showboat but I hope he stays in and gains support.

I think there will be a strong debate on foreign policy. Nobody will be afraid to debate anything. But debates don't start until the fall I think.

I think there will be a strong debate on foreign policy. Nobody will be afraid to debate anything. But debates don't start until the fall I think.

Agreed...every recent cycle we get the usual Ron/Rand Paul enthusiasm from Canada (and the U.S.) that defies political reality. The last kind of that candidate who actually got some serious general election votes was Ross Perot in 1992.

Looks like about 15 now in the Republican race. I never thought that I would say so but Rand Paul - especially his proposed foreign policy - appears to be the most sane.

Rand Paul is an anti-vaccination nut job, an isolationist libertarian who's so far out he's practically an anarchist.

The New York Times has a new scoop on the Rubios. They struggled during their 20s!

For years, Senator Marco Rubio struggled under the weight of student debt, mortgages and an extra loan against the value of his home totaling hundreds of thousands of dollars.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/06/10/us/politics/marco-rubio-finances-debt-loans-credit.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=1&referrer=