Who will get 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination?

2016 Republican Presidential Nominee  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes, a doctor shortage, especially of GPs. Your article is referencing specific academic research positions.

“I see a lot of highly qualified residents and fellows with research and education training – they would be optimal for working at an academic health sciences center – and we don’t have positions for them."

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Complete nonsense....annual U.S. Medicare & Medicaid spending exceeded $1.1 trillion in 2013.

http://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Statistics-Trends-and-Reports/NationalHealthExpendData/NHE-Fact-Sheet.html

Who cares? You have nothing even remotely approaching public healthcare in the United States. A fraction of the population is covered and yet you still spend way more than most other countries.

That kind of waste is endemic to the United States. You pay more than everywhere else and get far less for your money. We saw the same thing with education in that other thread. Meanwhile, wealth is increasingly concentrated in fewer hands.

And that's why the American government a dung heap that needs to be completely rebuilt.

.....ignorant comments. The patients care....the citizens care...and the political parties desiring votes really care.

You think its all going well eh....a petition on the go and rapidly gaining ground over GOP senators writing a treasonous letter to, of all people, the Iranian government. And maybe the health care system has a few cracks in it too.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danmunro/2014/11/30/u-s-healthcare-for-seniors-ranked-poorly-compared-to-10-other-countries/

You think its all going well eh....a petition on the go and rapidly gaining ground over GOP senators writing a treasonous letter to, of all people, the Iranian government. And maybe the health care system has a few cracks in it too.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danmunro/2014/11/30/u-s-healthcare-for-seniors-ranked-poorly-compared-to-10-other-countries/

It's laughable to call it treason. Absurdity on the highest level. But it's very entertaining! :lol:

You have nothing even remotely approaching public healthcare in the United States.

That's completely incorrect. Medicare is public healthcare. So is Medicaid. Veteran's are also under a public healthcare program. Why do you continue to repeat lies?

But I can choose my doctor. That's simply not true.

Cybercoma, you may be able to choose your doctor. But elsewhere in Canada, that's not the case.

If Cybercoma your MD died or retired, could you choose your next doctor?

=====

Health care has this effect: It hijacks the political debate. So, it should not be a question why Leftists desire State-organized health care. It's "progressive", to use current terminology. Like "eugenics" was once a "modern" term.

When our State-organized health care system collapses in about two decades (as the Soviet Union did for similar reasons after about seven decades), stubborn western leftists still alive will argue that it was done wrong.

====

Now then, what does this have to do with the 2016 US Election? Obama has moved the goal posts.

Guyser2, did you freely choose your MD?

Or rather, did you get a name from a list - the next available MD?

Exactly how far do you want to load the dice in this question until you come up with the answer you're looking for ? Maybe you can start with a definition of 'choice' so that we can all play the same game ?

I got my MD from a friend who said he liked his doctor. I called her and booked an appointment. Not enough choice for you ?

Maybe the whole idea of 'choice' is a deceiving question. What is choice, after all, unless all options have similar costs to be included in the decision ?

I won't be eating caviar, nor poison for breakfast today... As such, our system can offer more choice to the average citizen than a free-market system can offer in a society with a large number of uninsured people.

I got my MD from a friend who said he liked his doctor. I called her and booked an appointment. Not enough choice for you ?

How long ago was that? I know at least three people who have been looking for doctors for a while now, so far without success.

To Michael - Many years ago we moved from Toronto to a town in rural Southern Ontario. In preparation for the move, my bride made several inquiries and found that there were none in the area ( 30 km radius) who were accepting new patients. Eventually, just before we made the physical move we were granted an "interview". It went well and we had a personal physician - for three years. He left and we scrambled for 6 months and found a new one. There are a number of rural areas in which there is no doctor available. Some people from Toronto, who recently moved to our area, travel back to Toronto (150 km) to see their family doctor.

Our local Hospital has a special recruiting committee which is trying to lure new doctors to our area.

During the summer, our area hosts thousands of off-shore workers who work in the tobacco, fruit and other agriculture industries. There have been times when I have had to visit the emergency dept of the local hospital and waited over 6 hours before a doctor was able to deal with my problem.

We have no "choice" here.

Ten years ago or so in Ontario

10 years ago in Ontario I was looking for a family doctor. I had a really hard time finding doctors that were taking new patients. My father's doctor took me on only because I was a relative of somebody that they were already seeing. Otherwise who knows.

I won't be eating caviar, nor poison for breakfast today... As such, our system can offer more choice to the average citizen than a free-market system can offer in a society with a large number of uninsured people.

No, "your system" offers fewer choices for all, unless long wait times are very desirable.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

10 years ago in Ontario I was looking for a family doctor. I had a really hard time finding doctors that were taking new patients. My father's doctor took me on only because I was a relative of somebody that they were already seeing. Otherwise who knows.

As I said earlier, you take what you can get, presuming you can get one. And if you don't like your doctor. that's too bad. You can contact this government site, in Ontario anyway, to list yourself and search for another doctor, but it can take a while. And the catch is you have to end your relationship with your doctor before you can list yourself and search for another one.

http://health.gov.on.ca/en/ms/healthcareconnect/public/

No, "your system" offers fewer choices for all, unless long wait times are very desirable.

Yep. Michael's comment is pretty scary. It illustrates a blind devotion to a particular idea, no matter what the evidence indicates. It's almost religious like. And it's that type of thinking that prevents valuable and much needed reform.