Amnesty International asks Israel 4 questions:

marcus

Amnesty International asks four simple questions from war criminal Benjamin Netanyahu as he comes to Washington DC to encourage Americans to sacrifice their sons and daughters yet again for the cause of Zionist militarism:

1. Why is Israel taking Palestinian land?
2. Why is Israel undermining Gaza reconstruction?
3. Why is Israel arresting nonviolent Palestinian protesters?
4. Why does Israel oppose international accountability?

Link

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marcus is quite selective Lemon. He only has use for Amnesty if he thinks he can link them to something anti Israeli. If they criticize Hamas or Iran or Hezbollah, he is dead silent.

You will also note he has not provided any link from Amnesty to the quotes he claims they said.

For these and many other reasons I would not lose too much sleep over his comments. His mission is to place a new anti Israeli thread in the Rest of the World section. You will also notice the same pattern or cycle of allegations, none with sources to back them up, just subjective allegations.

You will note some other posters then join in and we have the same circular name calling of subjective allegations with zero proof, and when you provide info to contradict their allegations they won't respond but switch the topic and then when you point that out, then will come personal attacks against you.

The name of the game is to name call. Its not to debate, offer solutions for peace, its to come on the board and name call and incite dissent against Israel and its right to exist and while you do that, to also make sure to throw in comments that denigrate not just Israel for existing but all kinds of Jews whether they survived the holocaust, get attacked in France or Denmark or simply chose to move to Israel or support Israel's right to exist. If you slip you fall back to the I didn't say Jew I said Zionist defence or the "some of my best friends are Jews" or the "you hate Muslims" stance.

Its stale, its repetitive, and its a feature on this forum. Welcome to Canada.

Rue. Ive been reading these forums for quite some time as a lurker. It seems to me that all the threads which are critical of Israel turn into an anti Israel, anti Jewish, anti zionist bordering on antisemitic thread. Its really sad. People just don't understand the importance of the Jewish struggle for a free, strong, democratic Israel.

Israel is surrounded by countries which execute homosexuals. The same posters who criticize Israel are the same ones who are always defending homosexual rights in Canada. Somehow their desire critcizing Israel and Jews is stronger than their support for gay rights. They're silent on the execution of gays in Islamic nations but very vocal with thier criticism of Israel.

Rue, please keep posting. Sometimes you're a bit long winded but your posts are very good and I always read them in their entirety.

Israel doesn't account to this group. They are nobody. Israel has every right to defend herself from enemies. If somrone was firing hundreds of rockets into Canada Id expect the PM to respond with force as well. I don't see the problem with protecting ones own citizenry.

Your narrative is what's wrong. You're either ignorant about the situation or you're purposely being selective.

The issue is not rockets and it certainly is not the cause of Israel's aggression and actions that have been going for decades.

I respect Israeli's struggle for a free, strong and democratic Israel. The citizens of Israel choose what methods they use in their struggle for free, strong and democratic nation.

My struggle is for a free, strong and democratic Canada. I think that Canadian support of Israel and the implied support of how Israel treats the Palestinians and Canada's implied support of Israeli tactics is compromising Canadian safety and strength. We are targets only because we chose to get involved in that mess that Israel created in its questionable tactics against Palestinians.

I believe that the Canadian position to the Middle East problems is NOT the support of Israeli policy and tactics but of opening a dialogue with Iran and other Arab states. Israel is a liability for any and all who choose to support her. She continues to build settlements, aggravate all Palestinians and thumb her nose at the USA, Canada and the United Nations.

I have no wish to see Canada dragged into a deadly quagmire created by Israeli foreign and domestic policy.

I respect Israeli's struggle for a free, strong and democratic Israel. The citizens of Israel choose what methods they use in their struggle for free, strong and democratic nation.

My struggle is for a free, strong and democratic Canada. I think that Canadian support of Israel and the implied support of how Israel treats the Palestinians and Canada's implied support of Israeli tactics is compromising Canadian safety and strength. We are targets only because we chose to get involved in that mess that Israel created in its questionable tactics against Palestinians.

I believe that the Canadian position to the Middle East problems is NOT the support of Israeli policy and tactics but of opening a dialogue with Iran and other Arab states. Israel is a liability for any and all who choose to support her. She continues to build settlements, aggravate all Palestinians and thumb her nose at the USA, Canada and the United Nations.

I have no wish to see Canada dragged into a deadly quagmire created by Israeli foreign and domestic policy.

I don't see how sucking the ass of Muslim countries surrounding Israel will promote peace and do anything to further Canada. Unless you call making Canada closer to becoming a western Muslim State a good thing. I do not and I'm not alone on that front.

Israel is the only ME nation that supports gay rights. The rest of the countries in the ME execute people just for being gay. Somehow you can ignore gay rights and support the Muslim nations while ignoring the only democracy in the region. Wow....just wow...

You don't make Canada stronger by cozying up to brutal theocracies.

I don't see how sucking the ass of Muslim countries surrounding Israel will promote peace and do anything to further Canada.

How about sucking the ass of human rights and international law, like the Geneva Conventions. Canada used to be known for that. Then Harper came in and he became a loud supporter of the opposite.

How about sucking the ass of human rights and international law, like the Geneva Conventions. Canada used to be known for that. Then Harper came in and he became a loud supporter of the opposite.

International human rights today seems to be focused almost entirely on Israel, except for little things like criticizing France for allowing spanking, while ignoring the utter brutality of regimes in Russia, China, North Korea and Syria. As John Kerry noted the other day, the UN human rights agency considering a resolution - BY SYRIA - condemning Israel's human rights abuses on the Golan Heights is ludicrous given Syrians are fleeing Syria for the Golan Heights, and undermines whatever credibility that agency might have (personally I don't think you can get lower than zero).

Seems there is a strange infatuation with gay rights among those who blindly support Israel here.

Seems there is a strange obsession with JOooooos among those who steadfastly criticize Israel here.

Rue. Ive been reading these forums for quite some time as a lurker. It seems to me that all the threads which are critical of Israel turn into an anti Israel, anti Jewish, anti zionist bordering on antisemitic thread. Its really sad. People just don't understand the importance of the Jewish struggle for a free, strong, democratic Israel.

I thought we went through this anti-semite bullshit already? Do we need to put you in your place as well?

I thought we went through this anti-semite bullshit already? Do we need to put you in your place as well?

If newbies want to learn what antisemitism is there are pages upon pages in numerous threads that have discussed that very topic. Don't give them the benefit of beating a dead horse for their own amusement. It's not worth it.

Edited by PrimeNumber

International human rights today seems to be focused almost entirely on Israel, ......... the UN human rights agency considering a resolution - BY SYRIA - condemning Israel's human rights abuses on the Golan Heights is ludicrous given Syrians are fleeing Syria for the Golan Heights, and undermines whatever credibility that agency might have (personally I don't think you can get lower than zero).

Your simplistic view of international law does not equal reality. Despite its atrocious record, Syria has every right to file a complaint or put forth a resolution. Just like Israel or any other country.

Outside of the UNHCR, several expert organizations, such as Amnesty International, International Red Cross, B'Tselem (Israeli human rights organization), Human Rights Watch and several other others have documented and have given their take on Israel's human rights violations.

Your consistent excuses and attempts at apologizing for human rights violations continue to cement who you are as a human.

U.S. defends Israel....that's what BFFs are for !

GENEVA — Secretary of State John Kerry came to the defense of Israel before a United Nations human rights body on Monday, saying that the “unbalanced focus” on Israel was undermining the organization’s credibility.

“It must be said that the H.R.C.’s obsession with Israel risks undermining the credibility of the entire organization,” Mr. Kerry said, using an abbreviation for the Human Rights Council.

...“Our hope is that the council will continue to shift its focus away from Israel and really focus on the bad human rights violators throughout the world,”...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/03/world/middleeast/united-nations-kerry-israel-iran.html?_r=0

If newbies want to learn what antisemitism is there are pages upon pages in numerous threads that have discussed that very topic. Don't give them the benefit of beating a dead horse for their own amusement. It's not worth it.

That is exactly why I made that reply. Hopefully it pans out.

Lemon thank you for the support. I respectfully disagree with you over Putin in another thread I hate the guy but that is what is fun about this forum.We can agree on some things and not others.

Me long winded. Ahahah. You should smell by bathroom.

Your simplistic view of international law does not equal reality. Despite its atrocious record, Syria has every right to file a complaint or put forth a resolution. Just like Israel or any other country.

There. You see, right there is the kind of attitude which makes so many doubt whether people who complain about Israel really give a damn about human rights violations. And if they don't then what exactly is their motivation?

There are fewer nations on Earth more vicious in their murder and torture of their own people than Syria, yet you simply blithely and indignantly state that Syria has every right to complain about human rights violations in Israel, a nation with a hundred times better a human rights record.

Outside of the UNHCR, several expert organizations, such as Amnesty International, International Red Cross, B'Tselem (Israeli human rights organization), Human Rights Watch and several other others have documented and have given their take on Israel's human rights violations.

Oh yes, it's become oh-so-fashionable among a certain type of Leftie to stand up for the poor and downtrodden of Palestine, even if they don't give a damn about the poor and downtrodden anywhere else (including the people being brutalized in the Palestinian territories BY Palestinians).

Oh yes, it's become oh-so-fashionable among a certain type of Leftie to stand up for the poor and downtrodden of Palestine, even if they don't give a damn about the poor and downtrodden anywhere else (including the people being brutalized in the Palestinian territories BY Palestinians).

You obviously don't know what these groups do, otherwise you wouldn't be making that comment. Just because we're talking about their criticism of Israel, it doesn't mean that this is all they do.

Your emotional outbursts and racist comments is not a replacement for your lack of knowledge. If you want to make comments about an issue, it's important that you break through the superficial understanding of the issues. Start by learning about the work of Amnesty International, The Red Cross, Human Rights Watch and a number of other organizations who are active all around the world and bring forward issues in a number of regions and conflicts. Once you do, then you'll understand why the comments you continuously make are far from reality.

Edited by marcus

There. You see, right there is the kind of attitude which makes so many doubt whether people who complain about Israel really give a damn about human rights violations. And if they don't then what exactly is their motivation?

There are fewer nations on Earth more vicious in their murder and torture of their own people than Syria, yet you simply blithely and indignantly state that Syria has every right to complain about human rights violations in Israel, a nation with a hundred times better a human rights record.

What about Saudi Arabia? They are move vicious than Syria. But they seem to be great friends of the USA.