Toronto named best place to live.

guyser

• 5 weeks later...

Toronto is actually the finest city in Ontario, the best province in Canada, among the greatest countries in the world.

That is confirmed by its rapid rebound from the travesty of having the execrable Rob Ford in the office of mayor

for four long years His election was just one more indignity visited upon the minority of Toronto citizens who

have I.Q's over 100, who are not religious crazies, and who appreciate that there are numbers of the deserving

poor in every community.

Those who do not have the privilege of living here should endeavour to keep their envy and chagrin under wraps.

If you enjoy living in an area with a population of 6 million, have a very good income, want to take advantage of the best in arts, entertainment and sports, are healthy and young, and are prepared to accept the crime that comes with dense and diverse population then Toronto is the place for you.

I lack some of those attributes so am very, very happy to live in a quiet and small town on the North Shore of Lake Erie.

Montreal heaven on Earth

Montreal is the best place to live in my book. If it was me I would have voted for Montreal and I have been to many major cities (including Paris, London, Marseille, Southampton, Venice, Athens, Belgrade, Istanbul, as well as some Canadian cities like Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary and the best among all Montreal).

Montreal is a major metropolitan city but at the same time very inexpensive with very friendly people and very safe and with very diverse friendly culture and full of night clubs, bars and restaurant which cost nothing to have fun and easy to meet friendly open minded beautiful ladies. Montreal is where I wish to live all my remaining life if I could.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

Toronto is actually the finest city in Ontario, the best province in Canada, among the greatest countries in the world.

That is confirmed by its rapid rebound from the travesty of having the execrable Rob Ford in the office of mayor

for four long years His election was just one more indignity visited upon the minority of Toronto citizens who

have I.Q's over 100, who are not religious crazies, and who appreciate that there are numbers of the deserving

poor in every community.

Those who do not have the privilege of living here should endeavour to keep their envy and chagrin under wraps.

Who wouldn't wish for the double blessings you've enjoyed with McGuinty and now Wynne?.

You folks can really pick 'em.

• 1 month later...

I used to think Toronto was a good place to live until they had a 50 or more garbage strike under Dalton Mcguinty

Never again will I think of Toronto as a class city.

Toronto is like it's Hockey Team,we tried,we lost,please forgive us.

Toronto is now nothing more than a submissive city of wannabe's

• 2 weeks later...

I just spent ten days in Seattle. What a great city, to visit at least, surrounded by mountains, sea and lakes, and friendly too. Admittedly, the hobos are numerous but they can be hard to distinguish from the hipsters who tend to dress down. Lots of excellent beer on tap, although I'm not a massive fan of IPA.

Heck yeah... South Surrey.... not Wally.

Your comment is exactly why it's silly to say I would never live in 'Toronto'. Like Surrey, Toronto has good and bad parts and I'm pretty sure that living in the good parts is better than living in the bad parts of Surrey.

I've lived in city of Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver as well as surrounding parts in all three and there's good and bad everywhere. Including Toronto.

I find the culture of Toronto and Montreal by far superior to Vancouver whereas Vancouver just has a pretty face.

Edited by BC_chick

Certainly Toronto has always been in the top 10 IMO and Vancouver as well. Canada is a great country!

Canada IS a great country but its not concrete jungles like Toronto and Vancouver that make it one. As far as smelly rotting scabs go though, they ARE better than most other smelly rotting scabs.

• 2 weeks later...

I find the culture of Toronto and Montreal by far superior to Vancouver whereas Vancouver just has a pretty face.

Yeah, it was that way for me when I visited each. When it comes to vibe, I'd rather Montreal and Toronto as top, and even places like Calgary ahead of Vancouver. It just seemed...sleepy.

• 2 months later...

The lake is the best feature, unfortunately bounded by Harbourfront. I just don't find much that is beautiful in Toronto otherwise - too much concrete and not enough hills - and it seems less friendly each time I visit. Value for money-wise, I would put it way behind other cities in Ontario esp. Ottawa. Then again, I am looking at this from a geezer's perspective.

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

Toronto is a great city, but not a good place to live. And it's suburbs are absolutely vile. I always found that the best places to live in Canada are the mid-sized cities just outside the GTA, places like Kitchener, London, or even Barrie. Nice little cities in their own right, and it is never a big deal if you want to go spend a weekend in TO and enjoy all it has to offer.

• 9 months later...
On 13 July, 2016 at 6:27 PM, Archduke al-Qaddafi said:

Toronto is a great city, but not a good place to live. And it's suburbs are absolutely vile. I always found that the best places to live in Canada are the mid-sized cities just outside the GTA, places like Kitchener, London, or even Barrie. Nice little cities in their own right, and it is never a big deal if you want to go spend a weekend in TO and enjoy all it has to offer.

What's the difference between a city like Kitchener to say Hamilton or St. Catharines? One is Vile and one is great? Back up your statement. 

http://www.moneysense.ca/canadas-best-places-to-live-2016-full-ranking/

Burlington and Oakville (Toronto Suburbs) are #2 and #3 as best cities to live in Canada. 

2 hours ago, Boges said:

What's the difference between a city like Kitchener to say Hamilton or St. Catharines? One is Vile and one is great? Back up your statement. 

http://www.moneysense.ca/canadas-best-places-to-live-2016-full-ranking/

Burlington and Oakville (Toronto Suburbs) are #2 and #3 as best cities to live in Canada. 

As an ignorant outsider, I would rank Ottawa ahead of both. There's more to do, it's got more history and it's better value for money. I considered moving to Burlington as I have friends and relatives there but house prices are mental now. The lake is grim enough in winter and blarney about the escarpment and wine-growing region are overdone.