Toronto named best place to live.

guyser

When Canada’s largest city was weighed across six indicators including liveability, and food security, Toronto bested a shortlist of 50 other cities to qualify as “best overall.”

Montreal—the only other Canadian city examined in the report—scored second place.

Well that's why they only looked at two Canadian cities. Why not include at least all provincial capitals in the list.

• Thanks 1

Toronto is a bit of shithole compared to other Canadian cities. And I've recently lived there so I'm not just being a jealous hater. And we're not talking the GTA here, we're talking the actual city of Toronto proper. Granted, downtown is an interesting place with many neat things to see and do, but the rest of the city is a run-down urban toilet with a lot of poor slummy neighbourhoods. It's overpopulated, traffic is a nightmare, the cost of living is insane, people are getting shot/stabbed/assaulted all the time, the pollution is gross etc.

Granted, a lot of these problems come with being a big urban sprawl metropolis. The only positive aspects I like about Toronto over most other Canadian cities are the economic opportunities, and the large variety of things to do/places to go. There's not many other reasons to live in any large urban city.

I'm more of mid-sized city person, like Calgary/Ottawa/Montreal. I like to still have a backyard and be amongst flora and fauna.

Edited by Moonlight Graham
  • Thanks 1

Toronto is a bit of shithole compared to other Canadian cities.

By most metrics...not even close.

And I've recently lived there so I'm not just being a jealous hater. And we're not talking the GTA here, we're talking the actual city of Toronto proper. Granted, downtown is an interesting place with many neat things to see and do, but the rest of the city is a run-down urban toilet with a lot of poor slummy neighbourhoods.

Beyond Thretheway , Regent Park and parts of Jane Finch corridor, could you enlighten us to where they are?

It's overpopulated, traffic is a nightmare, the cost of living is insane,

Not over populated, but that can be a personal thing, and yeah, traffic is a problem and it is expensive, but not on any world scale it isnt.

people are getting shot/stabbed/assaulted all the time, the pollution is gross etc.

There is violence here, no doubt, but also true, almost nowhere one cannot walk around safely. But if your premise is true (and you say you lived here??) then why is Toronto #26 on the Danger List for Canada's top 100 ? Are there any cities even close in size to TO ? No, all are smaller and conventional thinking is safer, but thats almostnever been true.

My own niece wouldnt move here from Ottawa....its too scary with the guns and murders and such....until she was shown the facts. She lived in more danger where she was than moving here. (But I do get where people come to those thoughts.)

I'm more of mid-sized city person, like Calgary/Ottawa/Montreal. I like to still have a backyard and be amongst flora and fauna.

And thats great, all are wonderful cities. But in my neighbourhood (my house built 1910)I walk amongst the flora and fauna all the time. (unless you mean forests stretching beyond the eye...then of course not)

I think its great that people in Toronto imagine its a wonderful place. That way they're more inclined to stay there and not come up here as much. That's a real bonus for us!

If only we could stop them from voting in The Liberals

When I think of the cities in the world I'd like to live in, well, sorry, Toronto is just not on the list. London (England) would probably be tops. If for weather, San Diego, Melbourne, Brisbane or Los Angeles, if I wanted a huge, busy city just cuz, New York.

Edited by Argus

I don't really suppose they do. At least you can listen to her without getting a headache from yet another Ive been very clear nonsense

Really? And everything she says is clear, concise and 100% truthfull? Give your head a shake.

How about the no Carbon tax thing during the run up to the election?

I think its great that people in Toronto imagine its a wonderful place.

The Economist thinks so /

That way they're more inclined to stay there and not come up here as much. That's a real bonus for us!

Nope, the migration starts in about 2 months.

Hey, you know those niceties your town has? Thank a cottager for them once in awhile will ya please?

You're welcome.

Edited by Guyser2