North Korea Muzzles Sony

Big Guy

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I guess North Korea is going to destroy the Western World now eh?

http://news.yahoo.com/select-us-theaters-theyll-show-interview-thursday-174125104.html

NEW YORK (AP) — "The Interview" has been re-gifted to moviegoers as a limited Christmas Day release, putting back into select theaters the comedy that prompted an international incident with North Korea and outrage over its canceled release.

Sony Entertainment CEO Michael Lynton said Tuesday that Seth Rogen's North Korea farce "will be in a number of theaters on Christmas Day." He said Sony also is continuing its efforts to release the film on more platforms and in more theaters.

North Korea most likely does not have the net capacity for large scale hacks. It also seems you have to go through China to get to NK via Internet. But I believe it would be easy to knock NK offline because of their limited access to the Internet.

Might be that the movie SUCKS and Sony hacked themselves, knowing they would be releasing a turd of a movie. First it was cancelled, then it was limited release with digital release on YT and other platforms.

I think the whole things a big marketing ploy/publicity stunt myself.

There were apparently some 750,000 illegal downloads of The Interview yesterday.

http://bgr.com/2014/12/26/the-interview-torrent-download/

No it's not a big marketing ploy. That's absurd. Btw, Sony doesn't make money from illegal downloads.

North Korea most likely does not have the net capacity for large scale hacks. It also seems you have to go through China to get to NK via Internet. But I believe it would be easy to knock NK offline because of their limited access to the Internet.

Might be that the movie SUCKS and Sony hacked themselves, knowing they would be releasing a turd of a movie. First it was cancelled, then it was limited release with digital release on YT and other platforms.

And compromise their own email accounts and those of some of the biggest stars in the world just to boost his "turd". Diabolical. Got to love you conspiracy types.

No it's not a big marketing ploy. That's absurd. Btw, Sony doesn't make money from illegal downloads.

It's not like I'm the only one the thought occurred to.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2014/12/22/sony-hack-attack-stunt/PN9UiT2eHTJO669N37NqxJ/story.html

Btw, Sony doesn't make money from illegal downloads.

Small price to pay for the exposure they've reaped in the meantime.

It's not like I'm the only one the thought occurred to.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2014/12/22/sony-hack-attack-stunt/PN9UiT2eHTJO669N37NqxJ/story.html

Small price to pay for the exposure they've reaped in the meantime.

Except for the fact it would be illegal as hell, would put people in jail and lead to lawsuits that would bankrupt Sony if it was ever pinned on them. All that to hype one bad movie? Like Sony has never made a crap movie before? Reality check time.

Edited by Wilber