Let's Talk About the Raptors

Big Guy

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never heard him say that. Regardless, Jordan/Pippen are better than Curry/Thompson. There isn't even a debate about that. Anyone that knows basketball at least.

Agreed....GS doesn't even get to start the conversation until several more rings have been earned. MJ even took a break to play baseball and came back to win another ring. Oscar Robertson knows how to stop Curry....and Jerry West outscored Curry before the 3 point play ever existed. The Boston Celtics won many consecutive championships. Kids......

Get more rings....then talk.

Agreed....GS doesn't even get to start the conversation until several more rings have been earned. MJ even took a break to play baseball and came back to win another ring. Oscar Robertson knows how to stop Curry....and Jerry West outscored Curry before the 3 point play ever existed. The Boston Celtics won many consecutive championships. Kids......

Get more rings....then talk.

Yep. It's all part of our new culture where the latest thing is the best thing ever. It happens with music, movies, and sports. Nobody has any perspective anymore. It's quite childish.

Yep. It's all part of our new culture where the latest thing is the best thing ever. It happens with music, movies, and sports. Nobody has any perspective anymore. It's quite childish.

Dude it's the best single season in NBA History. Curry shattered his own 3 point record. These are objective standards.

I never called them a Dynasty, I never said they're better than the Jordan teams that won 6 titles with largely the same core.

But assuming GS wins the title this year, it's the single most dominant season in league history, that's not debatable.

Last night was how I would imagine the series would go. Paul George is all the Pacers really have. Myles Turner is a nice piece but he's still no match for the Raptors Bigs.

DeRozen and Lowry showed up last night too, they opened the game up for Patterson and Carroll to produce some offence as well. Seeing Demare Carroll landing shots from beyond the arc was kind of odd.

I think the bench needs all the credit in the world. People don't general think of the Raptors as having a deep team, but Patterson, Joseph, Carroll, and Biyombo have been playing their hearts out. Last night was excellent.

One thing concerns me though. JV has been so dominant in the paint that I have to wonder what they'll look like against a bigger team than Indy.

I think the bench needs all the credit in the world. People don't general think of the Raptors as having a deep team, but Patterson, Joseph, Carroll, and Biyombo have been playing their hearts out. Last night was excellent.

One thing concerns me though. JV has been so dominant in the paint that I have to wonder what they'll look like against a bigger team than Indy.

The league is moving away from needing a dominant big man to be successful. But in the next round they'll likely face an imposing Centre named Hassan Whiteside from the Heat.

He doesn't really have the pedigree of JV but he's an athletic presence down low. It'll be a good matchup. But don't sleep on Myles Turner, he's been the Pacers second best player and he was coming off the bench. I just read that he'll likely get the start on Saturday

I'm happily surprised with Patrick Patterson, he's been a very capable piece. I was often frustrated watching him this past season. He's always a threat to land a 3-point dagger when no one expects it.

Obviously Corey Joseph has been a revelation. But not really though, he's got the most playoff games of any Raptor. Playing for the Spurs has made him the seasoned playoff vet on the team.

Biyombo is fun to watch. He's arguably the team's best rebounder but a liability on the charity stripe, so it's vital that JV stays out of foul trouble when offence is required late in the game.

Terrance Ross also had a good game yesterday as well.

Last night was almost another Shit Show. Hard to see the Pacers recover from a collapse like that.

That was the definition of a choke job. The Raptors didn't win as much as the Pacers lost. But at least it highlights that PG13 needs to pretty much play the all of the next game or two to win both games.

I think the Rookie Norm Powell has earned his starting job back.

I disagree. The Raptors defence in the fourth was unbelievable. They were all over the Pacers and every player from the starters to the bottom of the bench.

The Pacers still choked. The coach choked too by letting some of his starters rest to start the 4th quarter which allowed the Raps to get back in the game. Did you see the play where Dude falls out of bounds with absolutely no pressure from the defence and Drake claps in his ear.

I don't trust the Raptors will win in Indy if they play 3 quarters like they did.