Let's Talk About the Raptors

Big Guy

I'm pretty sure GSW and the Spurs are going to dominate though. I will be very surprised if a team from the east wins.

Golden State will win the title. Hard to argue that they aren't the best team in the history of the league.

But they play in the West with San Antonio, who knows maybe they beat each other up. And an East team takes advantage of that.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GSW has been showing signs of fatigue, IMO. I think an upset is definitely possible and we might possibly see SAS in the finals. If the Raptors can get through the east, I think they match up much better against SAS than GSW too. It's a hell of a long shot, but the Raptors do have a shot at the title. Wouldn't that be some shit?

Seriously though, Curry breaking the three point record and GSW breaking the Bulls record, finishing the regular season with only 9 losses.....it would be a damn shame if they didn't win it. They've literally had the best season of all time.

Edited by cybercoma

Exactly. I'd like to see them have played during the 80s and early 90s. Would've been much tougher.

We'll the team who's record they beat played in the mid 90s. So not sure what that has to so with it.

They're clearly the most dominant team for one season the sport had seen. They've changed the way the game is played.

Steph Curry likely will go down as the best shooter in league history.

Edited by Boges

We'll the team who's record they beat played in the mid 90s. So not sure what that has to so with it.

They're clearly the most dominant team for one season the sport had seen. They've changed the way the game is played.

Steph Curry likely will go down as the best shooter in league history.

It's just that rules have changed since then, making it a lot easier for offensive players, and more difficult for defensive players. That's basically the issue. If MIchael Jordan played under the current set of rules, who knows have unstoppable he could've been.

It's just that rules have changed since then, making it a lot easier for offensive players, and more difficult for defensive players. That's basically the issue. If MIchael Jordan played under the current set of rules, who knows have unstoppable he could've been.

That's revisionist history. I'm not sure how to defend a team where you have two guards that can both shoot 3's at will 10 feet away from the arc. You come out to defend that, by whatever rules, you're interior becomes very thin for a great player like Draymond Green.

Gotta play the teams you have in front of you and The Warriors have done that better than any team in history.

Edited by Boges

That's revisionist history. I'm not sure how to defend a team where you have two guards that can both shoot 3's at will 10 feet away from the arc. You come out to defend that, by whatever rules, you're interior becomes very thin for a great player like Draymond Green.

Gotta play the teams you have in front of you and The Warriors have done that better than any team in history.

It's not revisionist history at all. It's a fact. The warriors are playing under more favourable conditions. The way you could defend in the past would've made it more difficult for them. That's also a fact.

It's not revisionist history at all. It's a fact. The warriors are playing under more favourable conditions. The way you could defend in the past would've made it more difficult for them. That's also a fact.

That doesn't negate their dominance. They're also playing in a league with another historically great Spurs team and the Best player in the NBA for a generation.

Had the 2007 New England Patriots gone 19-0, would they not have been the best football team ever because defence was tougher in the 70's?

That doesn't negate their dominance. They're also playing in a league with another historically great Spurs team and the Best player in the NBA for a generation.

Had the 2007 New England Patriots gone 19-0, would they not have been the best football team ever because defence was tougher in the 70's?

Nobody's denying their dominance. I just don't think they're the best team ever, that's all. I'd give that to the '96 Bulls, or one of the Lakers or Celtics teams from the 80s.

Nobody's denying their dominance. I just don't think they're the best team ever, that's all. I'd give that to the '96 Bulls, or one of the Lakers or Celtics teams from the 80s.

What was some of the stiff competition the 96 Bulls faced? The Ewing Knicks maybe? But even when Jordan was playing Baseball they still couldn't close the deal.

I think the 96 Bulls played Seattle in the Finals, and Orlando in the semi-finals, when Shaq was still with them. Regardless, it's a lot easier for players like Curry now, where physical play has been purposely diminished, and even a light touch is an automatic foul.

I think the 96 Bulls played Seattle in the Finals, and Orlando in the semi-finals, when Shaq was still with them. Regardless, it's a lot easier for players like Curry now, where physical play has been purposely diminished, and even a light touch is an automatic foul.

The Seattle team had what Gary Peyton and Shawn Kemp? Decent players but not historically great. Shaq was very young when playing Jordan.

The biggest rival for those Jordan teams was the Ewing Knicks. John Starks, Larry Johnson etc.

The Warriors are playing under the same conditions as all the other teams currently. If offence is favoured for them, then it's favoured for their opponents too. Still doesn't change the fact that they lost less than 10 games in an 82 game season. That's how dominant they are. As for the Bulls, the Warriors' coach, Kerr, was on that team and even he says GSW would have beat them in their prime.

The Spurs nearly went undefeated at home. They've had an insane season too. Oh and it was nearly undefeated because the Warriors put an end to it. You've gotta feel bad for the Spurs though. If they had this season any other year, they'd be the best in the league. A lot of those guys are getting up there in age too. Can't be many seasons ahead of them like this, while the Warriors are just getting started.

The Spurs nearly went undefeated at home. They've had an insane season too. Oh and it was nearly undefeated because the Warriors put an end to it. You've gotta feel bad for the Spurs though. If they had this season any other year, they'd be the best in the league. A lot of those guys are getting up there in age too. Can't be many seasons ahead of them like this, while the Warriors are just getting started.

Why would you feel bad for the Spurs? They've won 5 titles since 1999. They beat Lebron's last Heat team. Duncan, Ginobli and Parker each have a fist full of rings.

This Spurs team is more led by Kawhi Leonard and LaMarcus Aldridge anyway.

The Raptors back-up PG, a Canadian named Corey Joseph, already has a ring from playing on the Spurs.

The Warriors are playing under the same conditions as all the other teams currently. If offence is favoured for them, then it's favoured for their opponents too. Still doesn't change the fact that they lost less than 10 games in an 82 game season. That's how dominant they are. As for the Bulls, the Warriors' coach, Kerr, was on that team and even he says GSW would have beat them in their prime.

I've never heard him say that. Regardless, Jordan/Pippen are better than Curry/Thompson. There isn't even a debate about that. Anyone that knows basketball at least.

The Seattle team had what Gary Peyton and Shawn Kemp? Decent players but not historically great. Shaq was very young when playing Jordan.

The biggest rival for those Jordan teams was the Ewing Knicks. John Starks, Larry Johnson etc.

No, the Lakers and Pistons, Rockets, and Blazers are all good, with Hall of Famers.

I've never heard him say that. Regardless, Jordan/Pippen are better than Curry/Thompson. There isn't even a debate about that. Anyone that knows basketball at least.

We'll over a career, that's anothe stupid comparison. But the Warriors are a complete team with more good players than just the Splash Brothers.