Surprise! Israel refuses cooperation with UN Gaza war probe

marcus

Here we go again.

Israel commits (not 'possible war crimes' - we all know they did) war crimes, then does what it can derail any investigation. This is exactly what Apartheid South Africa did.

Of course, Israel knows that the findings will cement the fact that Israel violated international law during its one-sided operations in the Gaza.

Israel has officially declined to cooperate with the UN Human Rights Council committee’s investigation into the country's 50-day 'Operation Protective Edge' over possible war crimes committed, saying it is obvious the probe will find it guilty.

The Israeli government refused entry to the investigation team on Wednesday, which arrived in Jordan’s capital of Amman with plans to travel through Israel and into the Gaza Strip.

The decision not to cooperate was due to the team’s “one-sided” view of the events, Haaretz reported, citing Foreign Ministry spokesman Emmanuel Nachshon.

“The council’s obsessive hostility toward Israel, the committee’s one-sided mandate and committee chairman William Schabas’ declared anti-Israeli positions” were listed as reasons for refusal by Nachshon.

This is another indication that Israel cannot be trusted to police itself and to commit to international law. This is why less time should be wasted in trying to engage with Israel and more effort should be made in isolating it and putting political and economical pressure on it. That kind of pressure will not be instigated by Western governments, as they are heavily influenced by the Israeli lobby groups. This is why international movements like BDS are so important in pushing to end the impunity that Israel has had for so long.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another day another piss on Israel thread. Wow. I mean who saw that coming. Say now do we think Hamas, ISIL, Al Nusra, Al Quaeda,Hezbollah, the governments of Iran and Syria cooperate with the UN?

Oh but hey now, this is not about that. Sorry me bad. We only discuss things that incite name calling against Israel. It really a very simple agenda. Nothing else matters now does it.

Now say its really complex. I mean its just really hard to understand why Israel would find the UN a running joke.

I mean come now. If the UN can be used to call Israel negative names, we mention it. When it fails to do or say a thing about the Boca Raton, genocide in Sudan, Muslim extremists and terrorists killing innocent Africans, Israelis Arabs, Kurds, well we just you know selectively skip that.

Why. Well in case you haven't noticed this forum is an opportunity to serve as an anti Israel urinal and an opportune site for inflammed anti Zionist prostates.

Israel has officially declined to cooperate with the UN Human Rights Council committee’s investigation into the country's 50-day 'Operation Protective Edge'

This would be the "council" which used to be a committee, but so discredited itself it had to change it's name, right?

And then proceeded to almost immediately discredit itself anew?

Gee, I can't figure out why people doubt the integrity of a human rights committee stuffed with the representatives of despotic dictators.

Another day another piss on Israel thread. Wow. I mean who saw that coming. Say now do we think Hamas, ISIL, Al Nusra, Al Quaeda,Hezbollah, the governments of Iran and Syria cooperate with the UN?

ISIL, Al Nusra and Al Qaeda have been designated terrorist organizations.

Iran has allowed nuclear inspectors into their facilities.

And Israel? They have neither been designated a terrorist state by the UN nor have they allowed nuclear inspectors into their nuclear facilities.

I guess the UN is giving Israel a pass.

Unlike Iran, Israel is not a NPT signatory. The UN isn't giving Israel anything.

Oh look. More excuses by the apologist crowd.

They are a signatory to the Geneva Convention and a member of the UN. Then why do they not follow international law and why do they not cooperate with the UN. This shows that this isn't about following the law.

Why don't you just admit that Israel is an arrogant rogue state that doesn't give a sh*t about international law and human rights?

"The decision not to cooperate was due to the team’s “one-sided” view of the events, Haaretz reported, citing Foreign Ministry spokesman Emmanuel Nachshon."

:lol: Well of course it's going to be one-sided, the war was pretty darn one-sided...

Hamas should also be held to account, but yet another example of how Israel is a rogue state completely uncooperative of any international law that doesn't happen to benefit them.

Lots of nations ignore "international law" when it benefits them. Canada and the U.S. are doing it right now.

Hamas is being held accountable....Israel bombs them and destroys their terrorism leadership, infrastructure, and munitions. The UN hasn't been much help in that regard...big surprise.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

This is another indication that Israel cannot be trusted to police itself and to commit to international law. This is why less time should be wasted in trying to engage with Israel and more effort should be made in isolating it and putting political and economical pressure on it. That kind of pressure will not be instigated by Western governments, as they are heavily influenced by the Israeli lobby groups. This is why international movements like BDS are so important in pushing to end the impunity that Israel has had for so long.

Is there a good reason that Israel should cooperate in its delegitimization? The Goldstone investigation results were eventually repudiated by Goldstone, of course after the damage is done. I really resent my tax money going to the U.N. to fund this garbage. Edited by jbg

Another anti-Israel thread?

Yes, of course. The world's seventy third worst human rights violator deserves many threads dedicated to its evil!

And it has nothing to do with them being Jews! Nothing at all! Don't even think it!