Israeli company Sodastream bows to the BDS Movement.

marcus

Sodastream will be closing down its controversial factory, located in an illegal settlement in the West Bank.

“SodaStream’s announcement … shows that the boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) movement is increasingly capable of holding corporate criminals to account for their participation in Israeli apartheid and colonialism,” said Rafeef Ziadah, a spokesperson.

“[The] BDS campaign pressure has forced retailers across Europe and North America to drop SodaStream, and the company’s share price has tumbled in recent months as our movement has caused increasing reputational damage to the SodaStream brand.”

The BDS movement is one of the main engines of the non-violent Palestinian resistance against the brutal Zionist regime. This powerful and influential movement continues to gain momentum and will be a huge part of the inevitable, which is when Palestinians will experience freedom, human rights and self-determination.

This land acquisition policy of the current Israeli government is causing them too many problems. At this time, the Palestinians and Israelis are in a public relations battle for then sympathy of the rest of the world.. The Israelis are losing this one.

I do not understand why Netanyahu is pursuing this policy - unless he is planning to give up that newly taken land as part of some future political settlement.

Yay! Less jobs for West Bank workers! That'll teach Israel a lesson!

-k

I've heard this before. It's a poor excuse to allow a business to operate on land that has been stolen. An action that is deemed illegal under international law. The business can no longer take advantage of the amazing tax incentives they receive by operating on these stolen lands. This is a positive step for those who care about doing the right thing.

This land acquisition policy of the current Israeli government is causing them too many problems. At this time, the Palestinians and Israelis are in a public relations battle for then sympathy of the rest of the world.. The Israelis are losing this one.

I do not understand why Netanyahu is pursuing this policy - unless he is planning to give up that newly taken land as part of some future political settlement.

I dont know why anyone would have a hard time understanding that.

Israel has no plans of every allowing a Palestinian state... There is no "future political settlement". The plan is to chip away at the west bank and eventually annex all the useful parts of it.

Nobody with more than a single brain cell believes Israel has any intention of a "political" solution. Its right in the Likud charter... "No arab state west of the Jordan EVER", and every single thing Israel does makes it crystal clear to anyone that isnt a complete retard.

Why on earth would Israel NOT colonize the west bank? Theres no consequences for doing so... theres no effective resistance to that policy... either by the Palestinians or the International community. They would be stupid not to take what they want, and thats exactly what they are doing.

Why on earth would Israel NOT colonize the west bank? Theres no consequences for doing so... theres no effective resistance to that policy... either by the Palestinians or the International community. They would be stupid not to take what they want, and thats exactly what they are doing.

The governments are doing very little. U.S. is hopeless and the European countries are dragging their feet. After decades, they have finally succumbed and are "recognizing Palestine". Gee, that's great. But it is a movement and the BDS movement is gaining momentum. This is the only way to battle Israel's impunity and actions.

To some extent, this is how Apartheid South Africa was brought down to its knees. It wasn't the governments, but the people who made a difference through cultural and economical boycotts.

The governments are doing very little. U.S. is hopeless and the European countries are dragging their feet.

The U.S. supports Israel...maybe the Palestinians can find a similar sugar daddy in Canada. Oh wait....Canada is more interested in the free trade agreement with Israel compared to Palestine.

The governments are doing very little. U.S. is hopeless and the European countries are dragging their feet. After decades, they have finally succumbed and are "recognizing Palestine". Gee, that's great. But it is a movement and the BDS movement is gaining momentum. This is the only way to battle Israel's impunity and actions.

To some extent, this is how Apartheid South Africa was brought down to its knees. It wasn't the governments, but the people who made a difference through cultural and economical boycotts.

I don't see it happening unfortunately. Israel the nation wasn't exactly welcome either but with every passing generation the country gained legitimacy given that the people who were born there had nowhere else as a homeland. I've stated it often myself, I don't don't agree that Israel *had* a right to exist 60 years ago but it would be an injustice to think that now.

I'm pretty sure that's Israel's modus operandi with West Bank too.

I don't don't agree that Israel *had* a right to exist 60 years ago but it would be an injustice to think that now.

People like you have started almost every war. It really makes no difference why borders exist - they fact is they exist today and people who want peace accept that reality. People who are warmongers refuse to recognize the borders that already exist. Edited by TimG

People like you have started almost every war. It really makes no difference why borders exist - they fact is they exist today and people who want peace accept that reality. People who are warmongers refuse to recognize the borders that already exist.

What are Israel's borders Tim? You seem to know more than Israel, apparently.

What are Israel's borders Tim? You seem to know more than Israel, apparently.

The borders are the are well-established and Israel has a right to exist within those borders. You are the one claiming that Israel has no right to exist.

The problem today is Israel has to manage a security problem created by Palestinians who have absolutely no willingness to co-exist peacefully. As part of managing this security problem they have exacerbated the problem by taking over land that should have been left alone. So - Israel is not completely innocent here. However, there is no doubt in my mind that if Palestinians demonstrated a willingness to live peacefully that Israel would likely return all disputed territories just like it already did in Gaza. But the solution has to come from the Palestinians because they are the ones refusing accommodation and condemning Israel without condemning Palestinians is a misguided exercise.

Edited by TimG

The borders are the are well-established and Israel has a right to exist within those borders. You are the one claiming that Israel has no right to exist.The problem today is Israel has to manage a security problem created by Palestinians who have absolutely no willingness to co-exist peacefully. As part of managing this security problem they have exacerbated the problem by taking over land that should have been left alone. So - Israel is not completely innocent here. However, there is no doubt in my mind that if Palestinians demonstrated a willingness to live peacefully that Israel would likely return all disputed territories just like it already did in Gaza. But the solution has to come from the Palestinians because they are the ones refusing accommodation and condemning Israel without condemning Palestinians is a misguided exercise.

Oh Tim you need to reread my quote to which you responded. Either you quoted it blindly or else you seriously lack reading comprehension.

BC Jews had a right to a state 60 years ago in Palestine the very same reason Muslims have had and continue to have the right to have Muslim states in the Middle East or there is a Vatican City or the connection between Church of England And the UK.

I doubt we will agree on that or can I get you to see the double standard in that but it does not matter. That was then. Today, right now, is what counts and I totally agree with your comments otherwise except one. The majority of Israelis have no problem with a Palestinian state. Beneath his rhetoric neither does Netanyahu. What they have a problem with is an inability to control Muslim extremism.

Now you can join in if you want with the usual device where Marcus inflames with an anti-Israel lead and the usual posse chirps in repeating the same piss on Israel mantra. A day does not go by without a new anti Israel lead in posing as a debate discussion. The only difference is the name of the person doing it now Marcus is different then the last person who did it as regularly using the exact same technique and language.

So I ask-how is it you are so convinced Israel wants know Palestinian state. Do you really know? Of course not. I will say this. You have Hamas who has made it clear in their charter they believe in exterminating Jews world wide. Read their Charter. Its not a game. The subscribe to the same doctrine as ISIL. Is that a peace partner to sit with? How about Hezbollah, you really think they want peace with Israel. Read their charter.

Those Nazi salutes and goosestepping entrenched within the Hamas and Hezbollah psyches are based on a virus. It was brought by the British, French and then mutated with the pre-existing one in Muslim psyche based on their religion and then mutated again when the Nazis spread their doctrines and then one more time when the KGB revised it and put new oxygen into it.

You can talk all you want that Israel does not want peace but these are not people one sits with and talks peace.

So who is left. Who would be a peace partner for Israel. Its interesting you think Israel does not want peace but you avoid any comment on the other side of the conflict and how not one Arab politician not one, can or will say they recognize a Jewish state. Why is that?

Of course Dre or Marcus or Bug Guy or the usual anti Israel posse won't discuss that. Their script is confined to only pissing on Israel and staying silent otherwise. They are not hear to discuss both sides of the conflict's parties. Their mandate is to simply piss on one side.

There is however another problem. There is no one in the Arab world to talk peace with. Who Mr. Abbas? He stood up in his assembly giving a standing ovation to his fellow party members chanting death to Israel. He has repeatedly said he will never recognize a Jewish state.

This is a man who openly supported the Nazis of Germany and wrote his thesis on the holocaust never having happened.

If there is to be peace there are young Israelis in the peace movement and in politics and in its armed forces ready. They have no one right now to reach out to, so their old guard continues to defend what they see as a never ending war to wipe out Israel.

Tell you what-go have Marcus or Dre or all the other anti Israel experts give you the names of one Arab politician in power who would recognize a Jewish state. Then get back to me on why this thread focuses only on stating Israel does not want peace.

I don't see it happening unfortunately. Israel the nation wasn't exactly welcome either but with every passing generation the country gained legitimacy given that the people who were born there had nowhere else as a homeland. I've stated it often myself, I don't don't agree that Israel *had* a right to exist 60 years ago but it would be an injustice to think that now.

I'm pretty sure that's Israel's modus operandi with West Bank too.

I also don't think the way Israel was created was fair or just. Europe's problem was shoved down the Palestinian's throat. But Israel exists and there is no turning back the clock. I cheer for a peaceful, prosperous and secure Palestinian State just like I do for an Israeli one within the 1967 border. As far as I have researched BDS also accepts Israel within the 1967 border.

BDS is about justice for the Palestinians, within international law.

However, there is no doubt in my mind that if Palestinians demonstrated a willingness to live peacefully that Israel would likely return all disputed territories just like it already did in Gaza. But the solution has to come from the Palestinians because they are the ones refusing accommodation and condemning Israel without condemning Palestinians is a misguided exercise.

I disagree with that assessment. Israel, especially the current government, is not interested in a real Palestinian State and definitely not interested in giving up any land that belongs to the Palestinians. In fact, Likud's platform specifically says "To never allow a Palestinian State West of Jordan".

Jacee you have stated on this forum you will not recognize Israel as a Jewish state. Do you deny that?

Please correct me. Tell me you recognize the right of Israel to exist as a Jewish state.

What next? Will you deny you responded to me trying to suggest Hamas is not a terrorist organization with the same agenda and motus oeprandi as ISIL?

You keep asking what Israel's border's are to Tim Why?

Do you not know where they are?

Why the game? You clearly don't think Israel should have the borders it does.

So why play?

What next. Do we play the game where we say Israel should pull back to the 1967 borders but that Hamas can maintain its charter that calls for the destruction of Israel as a Jewish state?

Yah we know the game. Israel pulls back to 1967 borders exposing itself all over again to Fatah Hawks, Hamas and hundreds of other terror cells smack dab next to its citizens with no buffer. Yah that makes sense.

Sure. I mean I know I would want Mr. Abbas and Fatah next door to me. You know why? Well that's simple. He says he will never recognize a Jewish state of Israel. He stands up and gives standing ovations to fellow Fatah members screaming death to Israel

Even better he is a Nazi sympathizer who wrote his thesis in Moscow claiming the holocaust never happened. This is a man who has repeatedly stated the only solution is a Sharia law state in what is now Israel if there will ever be peace.

You know how that works Jacee. He says, I will recognize Israel as a state, but only if it allows anyone calling themselves a Palestinian the right to immediate land ownership and citizenship within pre 1967 Israel.

Oh say now, flood Israel with Muslims. Tee hee. How subtle. That's one way to dismantle it right Jacee?

Or we can try by using our citizens again as shields right?

Enough.

This thread was a pretense to bash Israel. You want to engage in the usual anti Israel shtick go for it.

The fact is the business you want to exploit politically now employed Palestinians.

Its a blatant example of the self defeating Palestinian mentality. Its people turn on each other because they choose to work with Jews in peace.

Yah we get it Jacee. Its why Hamas burned down its own people's mosques, schools, homes, blew up its roads, simply because Jews helped build them.

It openly killed Palestinians who had the nerve to work in Israel or get along with them.

Yah been there. Done that.

You want to cling to self defeating anti Jew hating rhetoric that sees no future allowing any nation but a Muslim one-yah we get it.

Its sung every day on this forum. Its an old song. Its kind of like listening to Mandy by Barry Manilow.