Invalidating Canadian Passports

Big Guy

Back to playing the same old games again of trying to imply key words have slightly different meaning hey buddy.

Sounds like you've got nothing left, take a rest now my friend.

Maybe tomorrow you can find a different angle to put on the links that ONLY I provide.

Or maybe by that time you can find a link that I can take pot shots at!!!

Hey wouldn't that be something! You provide the links, and I provide the negating opinions!

Sounds like an easy job to me, maybe that's why you guys don't provide links, you're all lazy!

WWWTT

Still waiting for the link that makes having a passport mandatory for Canadian citizens leaving or entering Canada.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You CAN NOT LEAVE CANADA WITHOUT A PASSPORT! PERIOD!

Complete nonsense. You can legally and freely leave Canada without a passport every time you cross a land border in the USA. Getting into the US without one will be tough, but you have certainly left Canada since there is no passport control on departure.

Honest question: have you ever actually left Canada?

Try getting on airplane without a passport. unless these guys are swimming, they're not getting back.

Has nothing to do with Canadian citizens not being able to enter Canada without a passport. The airline gets stuck with all the costs of undocumented passengers, so it wants proof of your citizenship and uses the passport to determine it. That is not the same thing as the government requiring a passport for Canadians to enter their own country.

Certainly it can be much more difficult to travel without one but Canadian citizens cannot be denied entry into their own country because they do not have a passport. They can't be denied entry for any reason, period.

Ok, But the people in question are those fighting for ISIS, not the US traveler. Last i checked Syria, Iraq and Canada don't share a land border.

You can enter Canada from anywhere with a Nexus card. But that aside, if they can find their way to the border, a Canadian citizen cannot be refused entry for any reason. Getting to the border without a passport is another issue and might take some help from a Canadian consulate or embassy..

You can enter Canada from anywhere with a Nexus card. But that aside, if they can find their way to the border, a Canadian citizen cannot be refused entry for any reason. Getting to the border without a passport is another issue and might take some help from a Canadian consulate or embassy..

Yep. I just it with neither a Nexus card or a passport. No embassy or consulate involved either.

Yep. I just it with neither a Nexus card or a passport. No embassy or consulate involved either.

I was thinking if you found yourself somewhere without a passport or Nexus, you would need some consular help to get back from most countries other than the US but you still can't be refused entry into Canada for any reason once your citizenship has been established.

Edited by Wilber

I was thinking if you found yourself somewhere without a passport or Nexus, you would need some consular help to get back from most countries other than the US but you still can't be refused entry into Canada for any reason once your citizenship has been established.

I would agree entirely with you.

You're also not required to answer any questions from CDN Immigration about where you have been, how long or for what purpose. They do not like it when I tell them bluntly to get on with their actual jobs and stop asking me stupid questions, but eventually they do get on with it.

I would agree entirely with you.

You're also not required to answer any questions from CDN Immigration about where you have been, how long or for what purpose. They do not like it when I tell them bluntly to get on with their actual jobs and stop asking me stupid questions, but eventually they do get on with it.

I've made it a practice never to antagonize customs officers and it has worked well for me. Asking questions is part of their job and often they are more interested in how a person answers than the answer itself.

I've made it a practice never to antagonize customs officers and it has worked well for me. Asking questions is part of their job and often they are more interested in how a person answers than the answer itself.

I make it a rule never to answer inappropriate questions from anybody, regardless of their presumed authority. I undertsand they have techniques intended to discover if I'm lying about somehting, but I have no duty whatseover to participate.

It is absolutely none of their business to question me where I've been or what I was doing outside Canada, beyond y customs decalration which is in writing in front of them, with my passport which details my travels abroad.. The CDN govt does not restrict travel by its citizens to anywhere in the world, so it is none of their business. If they wish to search my baggage or person to establish if I am breaking any laws, I cannot stop that and won't kiss any ass. And really, that is their sole intent so often, pretending they control me in the way pseudo and real cops exerciose authority.

They do not control me.

They cannot stop me from enetering, only slow me down a bit.

And you know what happens? They give it up when they see I refuse to play the cop game of intimidation.

I acknowledge I have to do it differently when ebtering other countries because immigration people can deny entry at whim. But not when I enter Canada.

And that is a right of citizenship.

I hope the Canadian troops got a passport valid for another 6 months

Thomas Mulcair: Mr. Speaker, I can understand the confusion. We are in the Middle East and we are under the i’s, but we are talking about Iraq.

It took over a week for the Prime Minister to answer a simple question about the number of troops involved in the Iraqi deployment. It now appears that Canadian soldiers may require visas approved by the Iraqi government.

I guess the Iraq mission is going to be volunteer and not mandatory for those that think a passport is a privilage and not a right!

LOL!

WWWTT

Still having trouble with the reading comprehension it seems. His comment about visas did bring back a memory that gave me a chuckle; going into Afghanistan the first time the issue of visas came up. The advice from the "folks" that had hired us responded by saying "up to you guys, but when we invade a country we don't bother stopping for visas"

Still having trouble with the reading comprehension it seems. His comment about visas did bring back a memory that gave me a chuckle; going into Afghanistan the first time the issue of visas came up. The advice from the "folks" that had hired us responded by saying "up to you guys, but when we invade a country we don't bother stopping for visas"

Ya that's right, you're a pilot and a UN weapon's inspector and what else?

You were in Iraq searching for weapon's of mass destruction and what else.

Why don't you make a list of all the things that you did, post it in your status updates, that way you can claim that you're an expert in everything that you list.

Maybe that should help you?

WWWTT